“Great Brunch”

The Ivy
Ranked #266 of 9,667 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, International, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: As a piece of London within Dubai, The Ivy Restaurant, bar and lounge is an elegant and relaxed international brasserie open for all day dining. Based upon it's sister restaurant The Ivy in London, the food, service and ambiance represents the same exclusive experience. It is famous for its weekend brunches (on both Friday and Saturday),live music and top-rated service. With a menu to suit all tastes and pockets, The Ivy is the perfect venue for both business and pleasure. The private dining room seats up to 20 guests. In addition to the A la Carte menu, a daily Business lunch is available Sunday to Thursday. Ivy Classics menu is available at AED 200 for three courses. Wednesday evening is Steak Night. The bar and lounge has a daily happy hour from 5pm till 8pm.
“Great Brunch”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Friday brunch is an important part of ex-pat living in Dubai and a great way to relax with friends after a long week.

The Ivy does live upto its expectations, although on this particular occasion, staff levels did seem on the low side. Either way, the staff are excellent, smiley, chatty and very knowledgeable about the food they serve and keen to recommend the best dishes to ensure you have a good time.

A lack of outside windows means you lose time very quickly, immersed in a great atmosphere of fun loving fellow brunchers, with food and food flowing from 12 - 4. The singer rolled off all the best hits and added to the whoe occasion perfectly.

Definitely recommend this brunch if you've not already done it. If you have, I'm sure you've already planned to return.

Good job guys!

1 Thank R A
Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your loyal custom and for taking the time to write your review about The Ivy brunch. I have taken on board all of your observations - this kind of feedback is really important to us all as industry professionals.

I was delighted to read that you enjoy the service style - I am very lucky to have a great team of people who really pride themselves on their product knowledge! As for the atmosphere and 'timelessness' this is a great accolade indeed.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the brunch in the future.

Dubai
“Brunch”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

My second time here. All the staff are very pleasant. Atmosphere buzzy. It makes a nice change to be served at the table than buffet style like most brunches, gives it that more classy feel about where you are.
Also Like that there is another choice of the tasting menu which I went for, all the dishes beautifully served, food is excellent although they did miss out one of the courses! But to compensate gave us an extra dessert! I have to point that they really did need more staff as our glasses were empty for a long time despite asking the waiter. When you are spending that much money your champagne glass should never be empty!
I shall for sure go again until I've had all the dishes on the menu! Next time fish and chips!

1 Thank LadyC1961
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our Friday brunch - guest feedback of all kinds is invaluable to us in order to ensure that we are continually improving the offer.

I am glad that you enjoyed our a la carte brunch approach - also your mention of the tasting menu was greatly appreoccated. I am so sorry that one of the 8 courses was missed! This can happen from time to time on account of running two menus concurrently - it seems that you were very patient with the team and allowed them to try and make up for it come dessert. As for your Champagne glass being empty there is no excuse - and it is most certainly not our modus operandi - I will be looking into it further with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please be sure to make my acquaintance when you return.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Lounge - or cigar lounge?”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

My second visit to the Ivy. A brunch a year or so ago - very nice. And on this occasion an evening meal with friends in the 'lounge'. Staff were welcoming and attentive and the food was good -not the best I've had in Dubai though. But only a few feet way guys were smoking large cigars at the bar - which did nothing for my appreciation of the meal, for which I was about to pay an above average amount.

Dear Mike,

Many thanks for your taking the time to write your review.

I was pleased to note that you felt the service to be attentive - it is something we work hard to achieve. I was sorry however that you were nonplus about your food and would love to know what you had, if you are so minded to email me on nicola.robinson@jumeirah.com.

As for the smoke I am sorry that you were dining in the lounge area - we always endeavour to seat our guests in accordance to their singular preference - had we been made aware on the night in question I would have made every effort to move you somewhere more agreeable. I can only imagine that we allocated you to the lounge on account of business levels?

I hope to hear from you in due course.

“Outstanding!”
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Wow, what a night! The atmosphere was electric, there was a swing singer & an operatic singer, who were singing duets. It was fantastic, the only downside is they are placed where not everyone can see them. The food was exceptional. We had the dressed crab to start, which was the best we'd tasted, then we all had fish, the tuna, the plaice & seabass, all dishes were delicious, my mouth is watering now! The manageress Niki Robinson does a brilliant job of making sure everyone is happy, she is very attentive & bubbly & obviously loves her job. Her attitude is very infectious, hence the brilliant atmosphere at this great restaurant.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Nicola T
Dearest Nic,

May I start by thanking you and your lovely family for giving The Ivy a second chance - we obviously did not get off on the right start during your first visit, so it is nothing short of a delightful turnaround - the kind that makes working in hospitality one of the most fulfilling of professions.

I was pleased to her that you enjoyed our new 'act' on a Thursday night - it ceratinly did make for an electric atmosphere. In terms of seating please do let mw know personally where you would prefer to be on your next visit so that you might be afforded an uninterrupted view of the performance.

Your comments about the food were very kind and I have already shared them with chef who was delighted.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant very soon and will let you know about the upcoming special events (musical theatre nights) as discussed.

Niki
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Amazing dinner experience”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Recommended on the advice of a Dubai friend, my girlfriends and I had dinner and drinks here. After perusing the menu for quite some time, (everything sounded delicious), we placed our orders. A short time later our meals appeared and were beautifully presented. Despite a misunderstanding over the drinks package, which was cleared up after a few minutes, the attention to detail from the waiting staff was super. We were left to enjoy our food and enjoy each others company but knew we were being taken care of. The cod dish of the day I ordered was divine and my friends' food looked equally appealing. I thoroughly enjoyed the green apple sorbet for dessert. Would eat here again.

1 Thank rednelly84
Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear 'Red Nelly',

thank you so much for your kind review of dinner at The Ivy! I am sorry that there seemed to be some initial confusion as to the package - thanks for you patience, I was glad to read that the team managed to sort it out so as not to have adversely effected your experience with us.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed the food and the service - the team will be delighted to hear your comments.

I very much hope that we get to welcome you back to the restaurant again in the near future.