“Excellent Food”

The Ivy
Ranked #250 of 9,567 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, International, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: As a piece of London within Dubai, The Ivy Restaurant, bar and lounge is an elegant and relaxed international brasserie open for all day dining. Based upon it's sister restaurant The Ivy in London, the food, service and ambiance represents the same exclusive experience. It is famous for its weekend brunches (on both Friday and Saturday),live music and top-rated service. With a menu to suit all tastes and pockets, The Ivy is the perfect venue for both business and pleasure. The private dining room seats up to 20 guests. In addition to the A la Carte menu, a daily Business lunch is available Sunday to Thursday. Ivy Classics menu is available at AED 200 for three courses. Wednesday evening is Steak Night. The bar and lounge has a daily happy hour from 5pm till 8pm.
British Columbia, Canada
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We attended the Friday Brunch at the Ivy with our son and a couple of friends. The location in the Emirates Towers Mall isn't what we expected, but we figured this might be normal for Dubai. We were met at the door and immediately shown to our table and from that point on the wait staff were excellent and attentive throughout the afternoon.

As others arrived the noise became deafening and on checking the surrounding I noted they had zero sound deadening materials. The sound just kept echoing. Just prior to the food service it was actually so loud it was uncomfortable.

The biggest negative was smoking - who would have thought that in 2014 they permit smoking inside. Our son advised it is permitted at the bar. Some people spent the entire afternoon at the bar smoking, only return to the table when a food course was served. Due to the smoking we will never return.

We tried the tasting menu with wine pairings and were not disappointed. Compliments to the chef as each course was excellent, especially the lamb shank. One of the best lamb I have ever tasted. The wines, while not spectacular, were well paired with each course. All wines were served promptly with each course.

Excellent food and drinks, but unfortunately ruined by those that find it necessary to pollute the atmosphere.

4 Thank Gla_Rangers
Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear 'Raffles',

My sincere thanks for your very comprehensive review of The Ivy brunch-this form of critique is gratefully received and acts as a standards barometer, if you will.

I take on board all that you have said with regards to the 'pollution of the atmosphere' that you experienced. Brunch is our most frenetic service of the week and as such can indeed be quite loud as you have mentioned. As for the smoking this is something that we have tried to isolate to the bar only, but we understand that it can indeed overtake part of the restaurant if there are a lot of smokers present. Please note that in both instances we will always endeavour to seat our guests as far away from the lounge/bar area as possible so as to afford a lesser interruption of your meal - there are always lots of people who want to be 'front and center' so accommodating this request is normally fairly easy.

Your comments about the food and wine were very kind and I will share them with the team.

Whilst I appreciate that you have decided not to visit us again, I would like to reiterate that we will always try and accommodate your wants and needs - and might I suggest that should you brunch with us again you make use of our Private Dining Room which would afford you a more intimate and smoke free expereince - it seats up to 20 people.

I hope to change your mind and welcome you back in the future. In the meantime happy brunching!

Killeberg, Sweden
“Still fabulous!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Visited with friends to try the Jumeirah Restaurant Week menu, the macaroni cheese was delicious and both the banana sticky toffee pudding and blueberry pie were amazing. Great atmosphere, great service, love this restaurant.

3 Thank travellingcherry
Dear 'Travelling Cherry',

Well I think we should appoint you as our official Jumeirah Restaurant Week mystery shopper - amazing that you reviewed The Ivy again exactly 2 years to the day from your first post! I was thrilled to see that we have managed to maintain top billing in your eyes over this time!

Your comments about the food were gratefully received - the Blueberry Pie in particular has been a major hit and is any dieters' nemesis!

I hope that it won't be another 2 years before we see you again!
In the meantime happy travelling!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A good restaurant, shame about location”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

To hit the problem head on, there is something soulless about The Ivy and its location in the mall of the Emirates Towers. It just doesn't encourage you to stay, and it has no atmosphere.

The brunch is well worth going to. And is probably the best option - I have been in the evening and for a brunch, and would say the brunch is best. Whatever you do, if you like bloody marys, do not - under any circumstances - order a bloody mary here. It is entirely wrong!

A good business restaurant - and worth going to.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank David W
Dear David,

I will start by thanking you for your candid review of The Ivy - we do welcome all forms of feedback however difficult it is to hear sometimes.

I was pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our brunch at least, but saddened to hear that the house speciality that is the Bloody Mary was not to your liking. We do have our very own 'Mary mix' that is very much a house 'potion' and has been a huge hit both here and in London, but please be aware that we will always happily make any drink to your exact specification - so should you visit us again simply make your preferences known to one of our bar team.

I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to The Ivy in the future. We are soon to be instroducing a high octance Rat Pack act on a Thursday night which (given that you like the brunch) should appeal.

glasgow
“Incredible food and service”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Last night we went back to the The Ivy with friends and yet again our expectations were surpassed.

The food was simply stunning, I had the Ivy tasting plate to state follow by the pork chop with asparagus and both were outstanding. This washed down with a bottle of Chateau Musar made for a magnificent meal. The team were attentive without being over bearing and this despite the restaurant being packed and after a brunch session!

I cannot recommend The Ivy enough and it is by far the best restaurant in Dubai - I encourage all to try!

2 Thank jon74
Dear Jon,

Thank you once again for posting your Ivy musings on Tripadvisor. Praise of this kind is humbling to say the least and I will very proudly share it with the team both front and back of house.

I was very pleased to read that you, like me, are a major Chateau Musar fan-this is a wine that I have been wanting to list at The Ivy for a long time and so I am delighted that it has been well received!

I sincerely hope that you continue to enjoy your visits to the restaurant and that we maintain top rating status in your favourite Dubai venues.

Coleford, United Kingdom
“Special Treat”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was fortunate to have my birthday dinner at The Ivy.
Food,was excellent, staff efficient and friendly. They helped to make my visit that extra special.
We visited at the time of The Happy Hour.......super!
Highly reccomended.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Margaret Derek L
Jumeirah Restau... M, Manager at The Ivy, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review of The Ivy. We are always delighted to see new reviews from our guests and your kind words are no exception.

First of all, allow me to correct you in that the pleasure was all ours to be chosen as your venue to celebrate your birthday. We are thrilled to be able to share a guest’s special day and do all we can to make it an experience to remember. On that note, it is fantastic to see that this was the case for you on your birthday.

Our lounge is a great venue to enjoy a drink and some nibbles for any occasion and without a doubt, our new extended happy hour offer from 5pm – 8pm every day is a unique deal sweetener…all I can say is I hope you were here on a Tuesday or Thursday evening to hear a personalized jazzy rendition of Happy Birthday by Ciaran!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your special night and we hope to be your venue of choice for many more to come.

Kindest Regards