“Great get together with friends”
Review of The Ivy

The Ivy
Ranked #329 of 9,867 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, International, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: As a piece of London within Dubai, The Ivy Restaurant, bar and lounge is an elegant and relaxed international brasserie open for all day dining. Based upon it's sister restaurant The Ivy in London, the food, service and ambiance represents the same exclusive experience. It is famous for its weekend brunches (on both Friday and Saturday),live music and top-rated service. With a menu to suit all tastes and pockets, The Ivy is the perfect venue for both business and pleasure. The private dining room seats up to 20 guests. In addition to the A la Carte menu, a daily Business lunch is available Sunday to Thursday. Ivy Classics menu is available at AED 200 for three courses. Wednesday evening is Steak Night. The bar and lounge has a daily happy hour from 5pm till 8pm.
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We visited here for Friday brunch, I'm not keen on the decor of the place, more like a pub, and quite dark. However, the service was spot on, I think we had the best waitor, our glasses were never empty! The food was excellent. As it is a set menu it wouldn't be a place I'd frequent for brunch, maybe they could put a couple of specials on the menu,
I would definitely go there again, best value for money champagne brunch I've been to

Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor; we sincerely appreciate all feedback from our guests.

Your comments about the food and service are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share them with the team - they will be delighted to hear them! With regards to the menu offer please be aware that chef changes the 8 course 'Taste of The Ivy' degustation menu every month-so it may well be worth a trip back to try something new!

We hope to welcome you back to The Ivy in the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I know this review will run in the opposite direction to most other's but then again I suppose the restaurant will claim 'a bad night'. And in fairness to the restaurant we arrived without a booking. Something that obviously irritated the 'Lady' at the front desk. Yep we had the nerve to arrive to 'her' famous restaurant believing that she could accommodate such arrogance. Unfortunately whatever arrogance we could be accused of was many grades below the level she achieved in those next few minutes.
She did eventually find us a table. Which we could have for 1 and a half hours - because she was full later. We agreed. I mean it was the Ivy and I wanted to experience what everybody was talking about. I mean it is such a 'Brand'.
Well unfortunately with the exception of the main course - a burger - the rest of the food fell into category of the average. And overpriced. As for the 'great staff', all I can say is that the 'Lady' who found us a table must have ensured we got her 'employee from hell' to supplement the 'entrance from hell experience' from earlier.
Yep as I said from the outset, this is probably one of the few poor reviews the Ivy get. But I eat out a lot and have a lot of experience of restaurants in Dubai. The Ivy will not be on my Christmas Card list. Nor will it be seeing my credit card again.
As is my nature I did stay beyond the 1.5 hours 'kindly allocated' to us. And the restaurant never got anywhere near 'busy'. But then again I suppose a 'brand' such as the Ivy needs to be protected. And the 'Lady' in charge of the bookings is obviously one of the great 'Protectors' of this 'right'.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Ivy.
Feedback, both positive and negative, from our guests is very important to us and we appreciate your comments.

I was deeply concerned to read about your experience with us-
we are addressing your concerns with the team as a whole.
I hope to discuss the matter further with you personally - I have sent you a direct message to that effect and I hope to speak to you in due course.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Don't be fooled by the conservative decor or the lofty reputation of the Ivy in London - not that there's anything wrong with that! but the suberb and attentive staff, the background lazy jazz and the excellent food made this one of the best experiences we've had in Dubai. We were out on a quiet Monday night for our anniversary and our only regret is we couldn't stay longer or indulge more. We were even presented with a little plate of fabulous truffles, decorated with a chocolate personal message -- totally unexpected! Oh, and try the caviar with a cheeky glass of fizz.. Mmm!

Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Your comments about the food, service and ambience are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share them with the team - they will be lelated to hear them! It is always a great honour when people elect to spend their special occasions with us - we are just glad that you had a great time!

We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to The Ivy in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Saturday early evening visit to the Ivy with friends. The restaurant was empty ( think Monday evening UK ) not sure why as this is a top place to eat. The layout very similar to London. Pre dinner drinks included draft English beer - why do I do it ? I should go local ....oh yes no local brewed beer. My desert included a sublime clotted cream style ice cream which was outstanding. The menu a mix of favourites and specialities. Very good belly pork - a naughty nicety in Dubai. Option of a set meal special was very appropriate and with sufficient variety and easier on the pocket. Service was impeccable. Good advice and sufficient mix of familiarity and efficiency to make the experience enjoyable. Wine was as usual stupidly priced in Dubai. A fair bottle of Aussie Shiraz around $ 100. A great meal, excellent service shame it was so quiet.

2  Thank GVLtravel
Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor; we sincerely appreciate all feedback from our guests - it is invaluable.

Your observations were very insightful and I shall be sure to pass them on the team. It can indeed be quiet on a Sunday - you should perharps come back on a jazz night or indeed brunch and then experience a true flavour of Ivy Dubai buzz!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

my first experience of the Ivy and ill be back, I did the friday brunch with a large group of friends and my two young daughters who both ate for free. Service was exceptional and the food was to match........a truly great expereince

2  Thank Dicko1965

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor; we sincerely appreciate all feedback from our guests - is very important to us.

I was very happy to read of your enjoyment of The Ivy 'experience' in general- I will be sure to pass on your effisive praise to the team!

We hope to welcome you back in the future.