“Dynamite Scallops!!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We have visited this restaurant a few times in Mirdif City Center and although it is usually busy it doesn't take long to get a table. Service can be a little slow when it is really busy but staff are generally very good. My favourite dish has to be the starter of dynamite scallops, which are just perfect!! For mains we usually get two dishes and noodles to share and given the large portions we usually have leftovers. There is no problem taking the lftovers with you. I am not a huge fan of chinese food but this is definitely one of the best I have had in Dubai.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Four of us went for dinner - very generous portions but they did a doggy bag no problem once we had finished. Wouldn't accept reservations earlier in teh day or on teh evening itself but did offer to call us on a mobile as we looked round the mall to tell us when a table was free. Others said the prawns to start were excellent - my starter was a little weird (flatbread with melted cheese more mexican than chinese!). Wok fried beef nice, so were chicken wraps. One of the guys very disappointed that they didn't have the choice of fried rice with the mains (they come with white or brown plain rice) but apart from that all ok.
Watermelon juice lovely, juicy cocktails nice too, service a little slow but it was a very busy night.
Only rated average because food and service were average and the seats were a little low for comfortable eating on the couch side of the tables but then it is essentially a chain restaurant and was quite good for this kind of thing.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Very busy restaurant in Dubai mall. You have to wait to get seated. Service is lazy but the food is good. Try majestic prawns which are just awesome. And the cup of white boiled rice is just the right complement. We also tried other types of prawns which were either too sweet or too salty. Seems as if the whole restaurant is tuned to preparing just the majestic prawns as the other items arrived quite late. The staff can use an occasional smile. It's expensive and for three kids and four adults we paid 425 in all with cold drinks. The overall ambiance is dark.

1  Thank Shoaib_Qureshi
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This place used to be my favourite lunch spot in LA, when I lived in Manhattan Beach and despite being a million miles away replicated in perfectly

The service was excellent no queue . The waiting staff were very nice.

The Kung pao chicken was to die for. Before I finished one soda the next was brought.

I was on my on my own as on business so struggled to eat one main and rice no starter or dessert as portions were huge.

Overall a great experience.

Very good value around 15 quid for way too much

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I love PF Chang since it opened it's first at Mall of the Emirates. The foods are just awesome - the dynamite shrimp, the lettuce wraps, and seemingly everything on the menu are tops. The service used to be quick, smooth and efficient regardless of how busy they were. During my last couple of visits though, the service was just a mess - wrong beverages served, clumsy serving and clearing of dishes, and they seem to have a difficulty with communication - both in understanding orders and explaining dishes. I wonder what happened but I hope they recover soon. Nevertheless, the foods are still unbeatable.