“High price for a horrible experience!”

Al Nafoorah at Jumeirah Emirates Towers
Ranked #61 of 9,756 Restaurants in Dubai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Experience the true flavours of Lebanon A truly authentic taste of Lebanese dining is as much about generous, traditional service as it is the delicious cuisine. Al Nafoorah has long enjoyed a reputation for serving the finest Lebanese food in Dubai, along with generous helpings of Lebanese hospitality. The name Al Nafoorah is derived from the Arabic word for 'fountain'. The secluded location of the restaurant makes it the perfect spot to enjoy a quiet lunch or dinner, with the stunning backdrop of Dubai's ever-changing skyline further enhancing your visit. Feast al fresco on our beautiful terrace where you can enjoy the same authentic Lebanese menu as that indoors. During summer, Al Nafoorah has opened a fully-airconditioned Marquee to allow guests to dine in comfort outdoors. No matter where you choose to sit, you'll be tantalised by authentic hot and cold mezze dishes, and enchanted by Chef Ali Fouad eclectic signature grilled mains.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were 2 couples. We decided to try out Al Nafoorah in Emirates Towers since there is so much hype about it.
-- the food was OK. I would expect something special at this price.
-- the waiters were horrible. So much attitude!!!
-- the manager was very indifferent to our complaints. He never apologized.
-- food took forever to come out of the kitchen!! when it did come, it was cold.
-- we ordered Umm Ali (dessert) and it was hot on the outside but cold inside. Like it was re-heated... the waiter checked by poking his finger in the dish!! Shocking!!! took it back and brought another one... which was exactly the same!!

I was so mad at the end of this whole ordeal! It was embarrassing for me as I had persuaded our friends to come along to this nightmare of a dinner!!!

I wrote a complaint letter to the GM. After a day, the executive chef called me to apologize and invited me to visit again. I never went. I wrote a letter addressed to the GM. The least I expect is for the GM to reply if my dining experience was so bad!

It has been a long time since anyone from the hotel called and followed up with me on this issue. My first and last conversation was with the chef.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The location is very good and you get nice views of the Burj. However, we were let down by the service which was bad to the point of absurdity. They forgot our main courses, and by the time it was delivered, tables near us had ordered and finished their meals. And there was no apology bor any waiter checking on us (though there were plenty of them).
This is one of those places where the staff are naive enough to think that only "some" customers should be attended to, while others can be ignored as they think they have nothing to lose.
As far as the food itself, the Lentil soup as well as the Lamb chops were above average, however the other items were not better than moe mainstream Lebanese dining places like Hallab's

1  Thank Rover82
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I am a vegetarian and stayed at the Jumeirah Emirates Tower, so ate a couple of times at Al Nafoorah. The food was good, but other than the cold starters there really is little to no choices for a vegetarian in the main course. I tried the grape and mint shesha and it was pretty good. If you sit outside at this time of the year, you just have to remind the staff to put a heater next to you as it can get nippy and they are always short of the heaters it seems.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My boyfriend & I had dinner here one night. I read about it on TripAdvisor & we gave it a shot. We sat outside, the seating was great out there. We had a nice view of the Burj Khalifa at night. We ordered some hummus for an appetizer and we had the mixed grill. Both were delicious!! The staff was really nice and attentive. It was not very busy. At the end of our dinner a dj did show up and started playing some music. Very fitting for the atmosphere, it wasn't anything crazy. At the end of dinner they brought out an aromatic shisha which smelled so lovely. It was a bit of a pricey restaurant for standard Lebanese food, but it was great food and service.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

One of the best arabic (lebanon) restaurants in Dubai. It is very popular, so booking a dinner is a good advise. Lunch time is not so crowded, prices are moderate to high, but food is excellent.