“Amazing!”
Review of Armani/Amal

Armani/Amal
Reserve with OpenTable
Armani/Amal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 9,623 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Dubai
Description: Fresh and innovative regional Indian cuisine is on the menu at Armani/Amal, along with an exciting beverage list and selected teas. Exotic curries and other specialities are prepared tableside, showcasing time honoured traditional cooking methods and ingredients. Enjoy a memorable dining experience with stunning views over the Dubai Fountain.
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We visited Amal due to it's number 1 rating on tripadvisor and it did not disappoint! Indian is our favourite cuisine, and having eaten at some of the best Indian restaurants around the world, I can safely say Amal was easily one of, if not, the best of all. Staff were very friendly, and made every effort to make you feel welcome, and the food was excellent. You can request a table on the terrace, with a stunning view, overlooking the fountain. The only downside is it is quite expensive, but we expected this, seeing as it is a top restaurant.
We will be returning on our next trip to Dubai!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Shalin S
Lawrence R, Manager at Armani/Amal, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Shalin,

I would like to thank you for sharing your review “Amazing!” on TripAdvisor following your recent dining experience in Armani Amal.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the view, service and food. Entire Amal team is excited to read such a feedback like " I can safely say Amal was easily one of, if not, the best of all. Staff were very friendly, and made every effort to make you feel welcome, and the food was excellent".

We look forward to welcoming you back to Armani/Amal in the near future.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Amazing location with Average food (lamb biryani WITHOUT lamb).”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Location: Awesome. Overlooking the great fountain.

Food: Average. I had main dish of lamb biryani. I received it very spicy. Could not eat it. Requested a replacement without spices. Got it WITHOUT lamb!!. Did not request a replacement dish (with lamb) because the taste was average, nothing special.

I was not given the option of having my dish with or without spices by my serving waiter. He must have forgotten.

I did not order starters. I had a mix of 3 small portions of classic Indian dessert, it was tasty.

Service: Ok. They were roaming around. My table was outside to enjoy the weather. Most people were seated indoors because of cold weather that night.

1 Thank Ghadeer2014
Lawrence R, Manager at Armani/Amal, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Ms. Ghadeer,

Thank you very much for your review in tripdavisor following your recent dining experience in Armani Amal .Thanks again for the kind words about the ambience.

I'm however disappointed to know that you were not happy with the food and service which was provided to you on the 2nd of Jan. However you left very positive comments to us by writing (Great location, Great view, Good dessert and Tasty Lamb Biryani). However it's disappointing to read in Tripadvisor that you were not happy with the whole experience. As I understood that the Biryani which served to you was bit spicy. We repalce the biryani immediatly and served you mild biryani as per you liking. And we haven't served Lamb Biryani without lamb as you have mentioned. Also you haven't order any starter so we did offered you pre starter from ourside. Also we provide you complimentory dessert plater to complete the experience which was much appricited by you on the same night together with the flower and gift box.

I and Chef Sameer also visited your table on the same night to check about your experience, which you said was fantastic also you said Clod our supervisor was providing best service. As you were the only guest seated in the terrace. But you have mentioned in Tripadvior that service was ok and staffs were roaming around. As you might have noticed that we were very busy on that night and all our staffs were busy serving other guests. Would appreciate the opportunity of discussing this experience with you further and can be contacted via the email address previously sent to you.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future, and I trust that on this occasion you will thoroughly enjoy both the better food and the highest levels of service.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Absolute stunning restaurant - will go again”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I would like to share our experience with all of you.

We have made a reservation after for early January to spend an evening at the Indian restaurant Amal during our visit to Dubai.

We had a warm welcome at the entry of the Amal restaurant with a nice tea they severed us while we were waiting to be guided to our desk.
Since we read a lot about the "tasting menu" upfront to our visit we went for this one. The dishes were lovely presented and just delicous. During the whole dinner we had really nice chats with our waiter, the restaurant manager and the chef cook. Everybody was very attentive without being pushy.

After every dish they asked us whether we want to continue or would like to have a little break. During our "break" session we went to the lovely balcony. We could observe an Indian wedding which was taking place at the ground floor of the tower as well as the fountain spectacle opposite the Dubai Mall.

The tasting menu was just outstanding - starting from the amouse bouche until the desert. You will not be disappointed.

The price & quality is worth it and you will be having an rememberable evening. And to really not to forget this evening we got a nice flower and some sweets as give away.

I'd like to say again thank you for the nice time and the outstanding services & staff we experienced.

Lawrence R, Manager at Armani/Amal, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your review “Absolute stunning restaurant - will go again”
on TripAdvisor following your recent dining experience in Armani Amal.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the view, service and food. Entire Amal team is excited to read such a feedback like "The tasting menu was just outstanding - starting from the amouse bouche until the desert. You will not be disappointed" and "I'd like to say again thank you for the nice time and the outstanding services & staff we experienced"

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in Armani Amal in near future to experience again the Amal experience.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Armani/Amal one of my favourite fine dining restaurant in Dubai”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We have visited Amal Armani on numerous occasions and as a family we find it one of the best restaurants in Dubai.The fountain view from the restaurant terrace is simply breathtaking. Lawrence Raj the Restaurant Manager has always been very supportive in providing the best service each time I have organized offical dinners on behalf of my company and dined with my family. All our senior executives who have visited the restaurant are in awe of the place and the view it offers from the terrace. Thanks Lawrence for your support as always . You are doing an excellent job ! I would personally like to thank Seraj who attended to us last week for the excellent service and making our evening a memorable one. The food was great and you attended to us very well. I would strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is visiting Dubai. The food is great and so is the ambience.

Lawrence R, Manager at Armani/Amal, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Archana,

I would like to thank you for sharing well detailed and personal feedback “Armani/Amal one of my favourite fine dining restaurant in Dubai” on TripAdvisor following your recent dining experience in Armani Amal.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the view, service and food. It's always pleasure to read such a great feedback. Thank you again for considering Armani Amal for your company's dinner too. Entire Amal team is very much happy to see such a feedback like "I would strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is visiting Dubai. The food is great and so is the ambience"

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in Armani Amal in near future for another occasion.

Puerto de Mazarron, Spain
“A lot of food for a LOT of money!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We visited this number 1. rated hotel/restaurant in December whilst on holiday. We pre-booked a table with a fountain view; unfortunately it rained on the evening we dined; so we had to sit inside. We had to go out onto the terrrace to watch the display, sadly it was not what we had hoped for. We had the Indian taster menu (we love Indian food) and it was good, in fact we could not eat all of it. We were surprised at how plain the decor was in the restaurant, we like a little more culture and warmth. It was the most expensive meal we have ever had but a good experience.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank marina060
Lawrence R, Manager at Armani/Amal, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Mariana,

Thank you very much for your review in tripdavisor following your recent dining experience in Armani Amal . It is always a pleasure to share a great experience and your comments are wonderful. We are happy to hear that overall that your experience with us was positive.

I'm however disappointed to know that you were not able to sit in the terrace due to rain. Also you mentioned that you were not happy with the decor of the restaurant. I would like to let you know that Amal is a modern Indian Restaurant which is designed by Mr. Armani, which is also appriciated by most of the guests. I would like to sincerely apologise for any disappointment experienced

We look forward to welcoming you back to Armani/Amal in the near future.