“First Class, out of this world!!”
Review of Armani/Amal

Armani/Amal
Ranked #18 of 9,926 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Dubai
Description: Fresh and innovative regional Indian cuisine is on the menu at Armani/Amal, along with an exciting beverage list and selected teas. Exotic curries and other specialities are prepared tableside, showcasing time honoured traditional cooking methods and ingredients. Enjoy a memorable dining experience with stunning views over the Dubai Fountain.
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Visiting Dubai for my wife’s birthday, our friends arranged to for us to have Dinner at the Amal….. Where do I start.... from our welcome to the personal menu recommendations from Vijay, (out of this world authentic Indian luxury) to the birthday cake while watching the dancing fountains…. amazing birthday experience for us both!! The team couldn’t do enough to make the experience first class.

Stephen G, Director Food & Beverage at Armani/Amal, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Babslad, Thank you for your review, “First Class, out of this world” Your comments are quite simply amazing and I know the team are going to be thrilled. It was our great pleasure to host your birthday celebration at Armani/Amal and we are very much looking forward to having you back with us very soon, Kind regards, Stephen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,820)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

What a special way to spend New Years Eve! A stunning experience, started off with an array of white & red Ferraris parked outside (belonging to other guests) which made for a great photo opportunity as I was wearing a red dress and my partner was in a white/cream suit! Gorgeous bar for aperitifs (more lovely photos!) and then the highlight - a sumptuous meal prepared by outstanding chef Vijay Amand who made the evening so special with his personal touch. The food was out of this world; I think that's the first time I've eaten real gold (leaf) on my dinner! The different wines accompanying the courses were so fabulous we simply had to order an extra glass of the red - we have never tasted anything like it (and weren't expecting to be stunned with amazing wines so it was a nice surprise). I have photos of every course as they looked amazing - and tasted even better which was incredible. The impressive fountains to music could be seen from the balcony just 2m away from our dining table. Best bit was speaking to my Mum on the mobile back in the UK who was watching the world-famous fireworks and the Burj Khalifa on TV as I said - "That's where I am - in there surrounded by the fireworks going off with a glass of champers". She could hardly believe me!

1  Thank SusieJaimie

Dear Susie, Thank you for your review. It is always a pleasure to share a great experience and your comments are wonderful. Chef Jitin and Lawrence, I am sure will be thrilled to read the comments regarding the food and service. NYE 2013 promises to be even better than last year and it would be a delight to see you again to celebrate with us. Kind regards Stephen

Reviewed October 27, 2012

If you want to make a dream happen, don't think twice and go to Amal. The complete experience is unforgettable from arriving to welcome drinks, excellent menu recommendations and a beautiful setting. The quality of the food topped both of the occasions we will treasure for a a long time. Looking forward to dreaming again soon...

2  Thank EvaRB
Stephen G, Director Food & Beverage at Armani/Amal, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Eva, Thank you for your review. It is always a pleasure to share a great experience and your comments are wonderful. Chef Jitin, I am sure will be thrilled to read the comments regarding the food. Lawrence and the team work very hard to ensure all of our guest requirements are accommodated and it is a delight to note that we managed to accomplish this during your dining experience at Armani/Amal. The Dubai dancing fountains are magical indeed, glad to hear you enjoyed the show! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Great food, great views, great service. Kitchen is open on one side and is very impressive. ubai Fountain show is on the other...
Staff are friendly and attentive.
Food and wine are superb. Try the lambshank (slow cooked for 8 hours) or anything else. No bad food.
Make sure the bank account is full though as it ain't cheap!

Stephen G, Director Food & Beverage at Armani/Amal, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Bill, Thank you for your review. It is always a pleasure to share a great experience and your comments are wonderful. Chef Jitin, I am sure will be thrilled to read the comments regarding the food. Lawrence and the team work very hard to ensure all of our guest requirements are accommodated and it is a delight to note that we managed to accomplish this during your dining experience at Armani/Amal. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

For my husband and i, Amal is the only reliable and consistent option for fine Indian dining in Dubai. Amal makes fine Indian dining chic and fits right into the Armani theme of understated elegance. If you like an ambient dining experience that avoid excess and tawdriness and cuisine that's sampled rather than gorged leaving you light but fulfilled with attentive service and care to detail then you won't go wrong. Over the past year we have entertained in Amal at least three of four times a month and have never had an out of tune moment. Chef Jithin Joshi and manager Lawrence Raj adre a fantastic team and can be counted on to deliver the goods including fabulous creations like red mullet Briyani suffused with morels and saffron and perfectly seared okra with a dash of masala. And the little secret of Amal is the beautiful fountain view that wows all our visitors along with the well trained and unobtrusive staff and the unimposing live music of sitar and tabla to give some local atmosphere to the Italianate in the emirate Armani.

1  Thank Shireen K

Dear Shireen, Thank you for your review, “Amal is a consistently amazing experience of Indian culinary chic” Your comments are quite simply amazing and I know the team are going to be thrilled. We are very much looking forward to having you back with us very soon, Kind regards, Stephen