“Poor Service”

Zheng He's
Ranked #183 of 9,667 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Zheng He's redefines the essence of ancient Chinese culture with pure, fresh recipes designed for the modern connoisseur. Savour a delectable menu featuring traditional favourites as well as signature creations with a twist, complemented by gracious service and stunning surroundings.
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Service”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went to Zheng He last weekend and I must say I haven't experienced any service as poor as Zheng He's. The food took its jolly good time to be served, we spent around a hour waiting for the main course after the appetizers was served. The servers were unfriendly and wouldn't assist if anything was amiss.

1 Thank Sagarika B
Frederic T, Manager at Zheng He's, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Sagarika B,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am really sorry to read that our service didn't meet your expectations. We take feedback seriously and I passed on the message to my team to make sure it doesn't happen again.

If you wish to visit us again, please contact me directly.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Beirut, Lebanon
“Outstanding Place ! A Great View !”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visiting this restaurant was a real great experience. The staff along with the manager are really great professionals that do care about customers.

It was raining in the morning so they had to close the outdoor dining at night. We called the manager and asked him to sit outdoors although it was not permitted due to rain in the morning. After letting him know that we have come to the restaurant to enjoy the fabulous view, he personally went and prepared an outdoor table after checking all circumstances to avoid any damage to the food.

Food was really very good and the atmosphere along with the view and service was outstanding!

Dear Ayman-Beydoun,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your dining experience with us on Tripadvisor.

We were very please to hear that you enjoyed the food and setting and certainly hope to welcome you back some time soon.

Frederic Teton, Zheng He's Restaurant Manager
“Amazing views with food to match”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch there yesterday despite not being the greatest fan of Chinese food I had one of the best food experiences of our trip
Very nicely located overlooking the Burj We enjoyed some of the finest Asian cuisine I have ever tasted And we will Certainly be returning
The wasabi prawns as a starter are definitely a top recommendation and the Cantonese king prawns for main are equally delicious
Surrounded by reasonable restaurants this is without doubt the jewel in the crown

1 Thank Ian C
Dear Ian C,

Leiden, The Netherlands
“Great Asian-culinary experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Zheng He is known as one of the best Asian restaurants of Dubai. We dined on the waterfront overlooking the Burh Al Arab. We chose a selection of Dumplings, including the Crystal Prawn with truffle, Wrapped Tiger Prawns and the Foie Gras Siew Mai followed by the Beijng Style Roasted Duck. My wife had the Sauteed Beef Tenderloin. An explosion of subtle flavors, wonderful dishes. The Chablis and the New Zealand Pinot Noir combined perfectly. For dessert we got a jasmine tea served on Jacky Chan-way. Extremely friendly staff. A great night.

Dear WHdeL,

Munich, Bayern, Germany
“Amazing views and Delicious Food!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This restaurant is one of my favourites in the Madinat Jumeirah hotel complex and we go there a couple of times, each time we visit Dubai! I have to admit that the biggest attraction for me is the view over the hotel waterway, with the tranquil and relaxing noise of an occasional abra passing by and a clear view ofthe Burj al Arab, which lights up at night and changes colours throught the evening. When I'm there, I feel like I could sit there forever! I love just sitting there with a glass of wine after the meal has been cleared away :) I think it is the best view you could have of the Burj from any of the resaturants. I always ask to sit outside, as you can tell, but the tables and ambiance inside are also really lovely and there is such a calm feel there. It's great when you are a guest at Madinat Jumeirah, as you can also turn up to an station near the restaurant on one of the abra boats - no better way to arrive!

It would be worth a visit just for the view alone, but on top of that, I also enjoy the food very much, as does my husband. The chili dip that comes with the vegetable spring rolls, which I always have for my starter is the most delicious dip and nice and spicy! I would love to buy some to bring home! The pork ribs were also really yummy :)

The staff have always been very freindly and they have also catered to our needs if we have required a few 'tweaks' to the dishes! They seem to have a good knowledge of the menu and have sometimes suggested things for us to try based on what we've said we liked.

On the short walk to the restaurant from the abra station, you can also sah hi to some turtles, who are in a special area being rehabilitated!

I would attach a photo, but my camera doesn't do the view justice, as no digital camera I've had seem to take good night time shots :(

• Visited January 2013