“Fabulous restaurant and fabulous service”
Review of Amala

Amala
Ranked #230 of 10,111 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: From the moment you step inside Amala, you'll find the welcome is warm and authentically Indian. The cuisine, known as Mughlai, is strongly influenced by Persia and Turkey and is known for its richness, with exotic spices, dried fruits and cream. Every evening, Amala serves an exceptional a la carte menu where guests are able to order as many dishes as they like at a set price. Dine within the magnificent interiors or outside on the terrace, as you sample the varied flavours of North Indian cuisine through this truly extravagant dining experience.
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I dined here with my family this week - and was extremely impressed with the quality of the food and the staff who appeared to do anything they could to make the dining experience a pleasure. From describing the menu, to making recommendations, to composing an ideal meal for us and even bringing us additional dishes that represented the best the restaurant had to offer.

The food itself was fantastic, the spices and flavours were really special and at a level which elevates this restaurant far above and beyond normal Indian cuisine. Favourites? The crispy lady fingers, the tandori lamb chops, prawns and fish. All perfect. The scallop starter was also a treat.

Special thanks to Ishan who did a fantastic job of making the entire dining experience so special for our family. The next night, we went straight back!

To my mind, the best restaurant at the Zabeel.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Amala has very very nice food and the best service by restarant staff. IThe food is lovely, great taste and best is served within the service level.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We dined here twice during our stay in Dubai. We were on the half board plan and were expecting a very limited menu. However we were suprised when we were told we could order anything. My 2 year old was offered a chilli free curry with a tandoori roti, which was quite a hard bread. However second time round I asked for a rumali roti which was a soft bread. When my daughter was disinterested she was given fries. All of this was included in the half board. On our first visit I had the chicken in the rumali roti starter which was divine, my husband had the lamb kebabs which he enjoyed. The curries were also very well spiced.
Second time we had chicken/lamb from the grill as a starter, again faultless.
The desserts were also good but limited. I particularly enjoyed the mawa roll with ice cream.
This is one of the best indians I have been to, on par with the London restaurants such as Tamaring.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We were looking forward to eating here before even got to dubai. It was well worth the wait, we were able to choose whatever we wanted to eat off the menu and as much as we liked for a fixed price. The prawns and chops were lovely and the crispy lady fingers and biriyani were delightful. Their msins could do with a little refining but the service and staff are great. They even presented us with a cake for our anniversary.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed at Zabeel Saray from the 16th to 29th of August 2013. Out of all the Jumeirah restaurants I visited this year and last year Amala is the only restaurant to maintain a very high level of excellence. Also Deepak ( one of the restaurant managers ) was extremely professional and courteous to ourselves throughout our stay. In fact in 2012 when we first visited Amala it was Deepak's high level of customer service that made us want to stay at Zabeel Saray.
Thank you so much Deepak for a wonderful experience.

1  Thank DEVINDER K