“Really good Indian cuisine...”
Review of Amala

Amala
Ranked #230 of 10,124 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: From the moment you step inside Amala, you'll find the welcome is warm and authentically Indian. The cuisine, known as Mughlai, is strongly influenced by Persia and Turkey and is known for its richness, with exotic spices, dried fruits and cream. Every evening, Amala serves an exceptional a la carte menu where guests are able to order as many dishes as they like at a set price. Dine within the magnificent interiors or outside on the terrace, as you sample the varied flavours of North Indian cuisine through this truly extravagant dining experience.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I dined at Amala recently. I had heard good reviews about the restaurant and I was eager to try it out.

I thoroughly enjoy the manner in which the staff almost take over the ordering for you. This is brilliant especially if you are in a larger group.

The food was very good and some of the dishes were quite unique. The staff on the night had a bit of difficulty getting our orders out in time. I suspect that they were having a bad night and that this is not a regular occurrence. I am willing to cut them some slack. I would definitely recommend Amala to anyone.

JZS_Management, Manager at Amala, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post share such a complimenting review following your recent visit to Amala restaurant at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. Along with my team, I sincerely appreciate your positive comments and am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience at Amala.

Thank you once again for posting a review and for recommending Amala on Trip Advisor. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and having the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I must say the food is awesome,Amala is great,for the food also n for the service also. we had being to Amala for 4 times can u imagine, we have tried the whole menu the starters,tandoor,curries evrything. I will never forget that girl SANAA the hosstess.she is so beautiful,each and every time she welcomes us so nicely n lovely with great smile and she had given a very nice table for me n my wife with the beautiful scenaro of Atlantis hotel n the fountain.Wow.... then our waiter Ishan who bought us the selection of food and we enjoyed a lot, the best was the chicken tikka masala and many others. he make us laugh so much dat v couldnt realizes how the time pass away I loved it. I have never been to india but there is a small part of india in Jumeirah Zabeeel Saray and that is Amala.with the indian people.indian atmosphere and Indian food and will b cuming in NEW YEAR EVE amala... THANK YOU SO MUCH. and i will tell all my friend and relative if they will visit dubai they should choose Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and the Amala and Sanaa can you please make a reservation for two person for me n my wife.....hahaha thank you............

Dear Guest

I am so happy to read of your loyalty to our Amala Restaurant at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and would like to personally thank you for continuing to choose us above the many options available in Dubai.

Thank you for taking the time to post share such a complimenting review following your recent visit to our Amala at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. Along with my team, I sincerely appreciate your positive comments and am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience and that you will definitely return to our restaurant.

Your kind acknowledgement of Sana and Ishan is also appreciated and it is with great pleasure that I am able to recognize them for their efforts to ensure our guests are truly satisfied. I have extended your feedback to them who were delighted to learn you remembered them.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

A bit late with this review but better late than never, i visited amala lately during the diwali promotion and what a great pleasure it was to dine in at one of the classy restaurants in dubai so far. The traditional music was exceptional, was enjoying every bit of it. Food is out of the world, i remember the sea bass and lamb chops were fantastic..something worth dying for and my compliments to the chef.. service staff was very knowledgeable and friendly..made me a best selection in which everything was perfect and would not forget to mention Ankush who acted as a cherry on the cake. despite being a busy night took time to chit-chat and didnt let us realised the delay in food. all in all, i recommend this restaurant to everyone out there. Very good food and service. must go if your an indian food lover but with a modern touch to it.
C. wright

JZS_Management, Manager at Amala, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share such a complimenting review following your recent visit to our Amala Restaurant at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for recommending our restaurant on Trip Advisor.

Thank you once again for choosing to dine at Amala and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Those were the words of my 17 year old son after we had tried the eat all you can for AED285 menu. There were approx six different starters for the three of us and we ordered the veg samosas three times because they were so good............we had plenty of choice for the main courses and my son ordered specific curries, which the chef was happy to produce. We had little room for dessert!! The staff were very attentative, whilst not being OTT and we would not hesitate to return.

JZS_Management, Manager at Amala, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were taken care by our waiter who brought us selection of starters and we enjoyed all of it . best was the sea bass and the tiger prawns.For the mains we enjoyed the lamb chops , tikka masala , prawn curry.... tooo many but enjoyed all ...staff was very friendly and took good care of us.....

JZS_Management, Manager at Amala, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012