“Best Indian food.........”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Amala

Amala
Ranked #115 of 9,478 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: From the moment you step inside Amala, you'll find the welcome is warm and authentically Indian. The cuisine, known as Mughlai, is strongly influenced by Persia and Turkey and is known for its richness, with exotic spices, dried fruits and cream. Every evening, Amala serves an exceptional a la carte menu where guests are able to order as many dishes as they like at a set price. Dine within the magnificent interiors or outside on the terrace, as you sample the varied flavours of North Indian cuisine through this truly extravagant dining experience.
canada
“Best Indian food.........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Been with my friends and choose to sit out side, wonderfull terrace . food was amazing and service was very friendly ... we will certainly come back....

• Visited November 2012
JZS_Management, Manager at Amala, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share such a complimenting review following your recent visit to our Amala Restaurant at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for recommending our restaurant on Trip Advisor.

Thank you once again for choosing to dine at Amala and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

• Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Noting great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I like the food, but nothing special. Waiter was not keen to serve, not plesant. Chicken was very nice.

• Visited August 2012
JZS_Management, Manager at Amala, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in posting a review on Trip Advisor.

While I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our culinary offering at Amala, it was with great concerns that I read your comments with regards to the service you experienced, for which I wish to personally apologized. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and shared with my team, for immediate action and remedial improvement.

Thank you once again for posting a review of Amala on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back and having the opportunity to serve you again.

Australia
“food was okay but service disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

the restaurant was a little disappointing but this may have had a lot to do with the fact that as it was Ramadan, alcoholic drinks were not served till after 8 PM. From previous information about the restaurant, we were also expecting a visit from the chef to listen to what we liked and then make recommendations based on that and have the opportunity to sample a number of dishes. That never happened and the wait staff were not over attentive and we had to keep requesting refills of water and wine. The food that we did have was okay but certainly nothing spectacular
It is a beautiful hotel but we would be not come back to this particular restaurant of theirs again

• Visited August 2012
JZS_Management, Manager at Amala, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review from your recent visit to our Amala Restaurant at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

I certainly regret that your recent experience at Amala has left you feeling disappointed and I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in our culinary experience and our service standards.

I look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back to Amala and I am certain that we will be able to redeem ourselves on the next occasion.

Arlington VA
“A Northern Indian Food Journey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Amala offers a great concept of set price a la carte dining. If you are lucky you could be seated at one of the tables for two tucked in-between the beautiful columns surrounding the indoor water feature. There are many dishes to choose from but my favorites were the curries and the tandoor lamb chop. If you can't decide your server will assist in the selection or you can just leave it up to them to surprise you. If you like something in particular you can just order more. You are actually encouraged to try new dishes. Servings are just the right size for sampling and sharing.

Visited October 2012
JZS_Management, Manager at Amala, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in posting a review on Trip Advisor. Along with my team, I sincerely appreciate your positive comments and am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience at Amala.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“We are coming back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Rather late with this review but better late than never. Were with family for a special anniversary meal and once again lived up to our previous visit. Sooo delicious, sooo fresh, soooo much choice and the most attentive staff from being greeted at the front door to the chef coming to say hello and a lovely cake at the end of the most divine meal. My own personal favourite is seafood and well words cannot describe the most succulent scallops and tiger prawns that we were given and could have had more but wanted to taste as much as was possible, which we did but no room for dessert...:)
Have booked my next trip for November and look forward to seeing all the delightful staff...you make our trip special each time. See you soon.

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank Andrea R
JZS_Management, Manager at Amala, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in posting a review on Trip Advisor. It is always with great pleasure that we welcome our return guests, and I am very pleased that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations on this visit.

Thank you once again for choosing to dine at Amala on your special occasion and I look forward to welcoming you back in November.