“Tasty food with great setting”
Review of Madeleine Cafe & Boulangerie - CLOSED

Madeleine Cafe & Boulangerie
Cuisines: French
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Dubai
Description: With a compelling new menu, weekly special creations, guest chef appearances and delicious savouries and sweets, Madeleine is not only renowned for its culinary experience but also has a stunning terrace overlooking The Dubai Fountain
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Restaurant was extremely busy due to its position overlooking the Dubai fountains. Front of house staff were excellent and quickly found us a seat outside with a great view. Service was prompt and all waiting staff added to what was a wonderful evening.

Food was excellent. Maybe a little over-priced for what you get but you have to pay for the location too.

Georges A, Director Of Restaurant at Madeleine Cafe & Boulangerie, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Whicksters

We are very grateful for your kind recommendation of our Restaurant!

Hoping to see you again soon in Madeleine..

There are newer reviews for Madeleine Cafe & Boulangerie

Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I were definitely pleased with our choice for dinner last night. We started with mint lemonade, a very good offering of the standard after-shopping pick-up. Then while we were enjoying the French bread and tasty butter we shared a goat cheese on toast salad. All very good for the palate. For the mains she had the salmon and I had the chicken. Not a disappointing bit in the house! We finished off with only coffee as we were stuffed. And the price was less than I expected. The only downside - we really could have used a glass of vino with the small feast. After slogging it out at the mall this place is far and above what you pay for. The bonus, we had a perfect view for the Dubai Mall Fountain and Light show!

Dear Michael K

Thank you for the kind review of our Restaurant, we are very appreciative and pleased that your visit was a great one!

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon,

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Last Thursday, We had visited our favourite place of dubai and we ordered seafood grilled, onion soup, seafood soup, salmon filet, and burger which it was very tasty. All my family had enjoyed with the view, fauntain and light. By the way all staff so friendly and helpful.
Thanks for all of who making us especial, in particular " Hasheem, laila and basher"

Dear AlSadawy

Thank you very much for your kind review and sharing your experience with us to share with fellow travelers.

I am very pleased and honored that we managed to gain your trust and became "your favorite Restaurant in Dubai"

I will share your generous comment to my entire team, in particular " Hashem, laila and bashir"

Reviewed March 26, 2014

When I first entered I really loved the Parisian atmosphere it took me to Paris for few minutes.
We ordered:
Croque monsieur and Cheese Tomato Sandwich
It took them 35 minutes to get our food. Didn’t like the food that much though.

The service was really slow and very bad.

I ordered Madeleine for dessert and I was expecting something so French and delicious, waited for another 30 minutes!! And when we asked the waiter he said they are baking them now so we can serve them fresh??
They served the Madeleine in the baking try? Which wasn’t that pleasant specially that the pan was rusty and full of melted butter.
The Madeleins tasted and smelled (eggy) yuck! + very warm that we couldn't eat them right away.
It was a bad experience for me and I won’t go back again.

Georges A, Director Of Restaurant at Madeleine Cafe & Boulangerie, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear FB S

I do appreciate your feedback to us and also very disappointed to hear of your experience in Madeleine, it was certainly not our intention nor our standard for our valued guests. and i will make sure to pass your comments to my Chef.

I would be happy to speak with you about this if your time permits, my email address is Gabdallah@theaddress.com and would welcome any further feedback you would be willing to share.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

It’s in the Dubai Mall. The food is good, atmosphere is good, service is ok (too busy, especially when the Fountain comes on at night), but it’s the best place to see Dubai Fountain I think.

I come to Dubai visit friend once every couple years. We would come here every time. It’s a wonderful experience dining here and see the Fountain, water dance with music, and the Khalifa Tower (the tallest building in the world) in sight as well.
It doesn’t get any better than this! We enjoy it every time!!

Dear Frances Q

Thank you very much for your kind review and sharing your experience, I am also pleased that you always enjoy your visits to our restaurant.

We hope to welcome you back with us on your next visit.