“not impressed”

Ranked #117 of 9,977 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The home of Cuisine Nicoise, whose origins lie in old Genoese cooking, is the old town of Nice where French Mediterranean cuisine has blended and evolved with the influences of Ligurian Italy across the border. Local produce, notably artichokes, courgettes, lemons, olives, tomatoes, peppers and girolles are used generously with sea food, meat and fresh pasta to produce a style that's light and healthy. Oil obtained from olives groves on the hills of the Alpes Maritimes behind Nice and extending into Liguria is used throughout.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Seen better and nicer. its OK, but expected more from what I hear about this place. Food wasn't super to impress, there are better places to eat. French restaurant and not to have a foie gra, common! Waiter didn't even know what we are asking about! Wine bar was excelent!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great restaurant for sharing dishes, which are all placed in the middle of the table as and when they are ready. A great place for a big group as you can try a large selection of the menu in small mouthfuls.
Fantastic fish, and the scrambled egg was a surprise but utterly divine.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My colleagues and I took 6 business partners to dinner and we were extremely disappointed that they were not well looked after at La Petite Maison. I'm originally from Nice and I know very well La Petite Maison there so I decided to go to the one in Dubai and I really regret as it is a totally different place.
The waiters are as bad and arrogant as the ones you find in the "grandes brasseries" in Paris. So much attitude. We ordered a selection of starters to share and they were OK, the salade niçoise was alright, like one I could make myself at home.
We decided to order one main dish each and I told the waiter we were not sharing this time. They were still dumping each dish in the centre of the table, and we had to pass it to the right person. I told the waiter to stop serving that way as it was not easy identifying the dishes and passing it around the table and he just said "c'est comme ça que l'on sert ici" "this is how we serve the dishes here" Typical.
One guest complained as there was no tea bag in her tea pot, the waiter said he'll change it straight away and I also told him he got my dessert wrong he then said "eh, une chose à la fois" "hey, one thing at a time" seriously!
I will never go to this place again! Also they allow in this restaurant a lot of "professionals" which is not ideal for business dinners, well it depends the type of business you are after.
Having said that, the desserts were to die for (cheese cake, crème brûlée0. Amazing pastry Chef

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had heard a lot about La Petite Maison before visiting but didn't expect the experience I actually had. One very cosy restaurant where you feel immediately at home, despite the refinement of the place. The food is wonderful and looks & tastes amazingly fresh. The service is impeccable and very swift. The prices are very reasonable, especially compared to the value of the food. A small tip: save some space for a Crème Brûlée because it is out of this world - and comes in a rather big portion!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Gorgeous atmosphere and beautiful people add to the tastiness of the dishes here. It is a great place for a date, business deal, or a celebration with friends. The prices are steep, but so worth it to have a classically good meal in a stunning environment.