“wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Petite Maison

La Petite Maison
Ranked #112 of 9,464 Restaurants in Dubai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The home of Cuisine Nicoise, whose origins lie in old Genoese cooking, is the old town of Nice where French Mediterranean cuisine has blended and evolved with the influences of Ligurian Italy across the border. Local produce, notably artichokes, courgettes, lemons, olives, tomatoes, peppers and girolles are used generously with sea food, meat and fresh pasta to produce a style that's light and healthy. Oil obtained from olives groves on the hills of the Alpes Maritimes behind Nice and extending into Liguria is used throughout.
Dubai
“wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Really classy restaurant, great food, and a nice bar for an aperitif and/or digestive.
Been a few times and never been disappointed.

• Visited March 2013

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
“A sure thing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Having lived in Nice, I had the occasion to go to the original La Petite Maison and had great memories of it. So for a long time, I was afraid of going to the one in Dubai because it couldn't possibly be better in my mind.
We finally did go on a Friday night and it was really nice. Different from what we had in Nice. The menu is a mix of French and Italian - I would not say that it is typically Nicois. There are a couple of menu items like pissaladiere (onion tart) and the marinated capsicum, etc. which are staples of Nice (and which were expertly prepared), but it also appeals to a larger audience. Because Nice is close to Italy and there are some influences, I think they have leveraged this in the Dubai location.
I had pasta with cepes, it was excellent (although I believe the cepes were frozen...but I would expect them to be in most cases in Dubai) - having said that, I would recommend it.
We also had a nice endive/blue cheese entree (again, not at all Nicois, but very good) and my husband had a risotto that was out of this world.
The place has a modern brasserie feeling to it, it is pleasantly bustling with people, I think it is as suited for a romantic dinner as for a louder dinner with friends.
The service was nice enough and the sommelier knew her wines quite well.
A bit pricey if you order wine, but the actual food is not that expensive and it is 100% worth it. I would definitely go back.

• Visited January 2013
“Tres Bon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We are huge fans of burrata cheese, a mozzarella cheese filled with creme. LPM is rumored to have the best in Dubai. When my husband decided to book two restaurants I wanted to try for my birthday, let's just say I was not going to complain.

We went during lunch on a Friday, a big lunch day out in Dubai. The restaurant was not overcrowded and the first impression was that it was a bit uptight.

We ordered a bottle of Rose - something I never drink - but it just felt right. The sommelier presented and poured, fresh delicious bread was passed often and the goodness was about to happen.

We opted to order one burrata, calamari and carpaccio to begin. The burrata was divine - better than expected and just like what my husband remembered from Bari, Italy. The carpaccio was the best I have had to date, anywhere in any country. I love carpaccio and feel compelled to order it every time I see it on a menu. While the calamari was good, we felt next time we could do without.

We had escargot and sea bass for entrees. Those we could have done without. We did follow up with another order of burrata - such a great idea and had creme brulee and passion fruit sorbet for dessert.

I would highly recommend lunch at LPM, maybe avoid the entrees. I would return with friends for more burrata and carpaccio and would like to try the beet salad. Of course, I would leave room for a repeat of the exact same two desserts.

If you crave burrata, do not miss this place. Yes, it is expensive, but as I believe, go in to the experience knowing you will be paying a lot and you won't be surprised.

I can not wait to return!

À bientôt!

Visited March 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Phenomenal French cuisine, equally French service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I love French food, in all its shapes, sizes and prices. What I do not like, however, is the French attitude to the service industry. Regardless of the quality and outstanding food, LPM can take some cues from its 'sister from another mother' Zuma on how service should be done- with a smile.

• Visited February 2013
“Buzzing Nicoise restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

This place always has a good buzz and vibe. Its a gathering place for Dubai's pretty people so dress accordingly. The menu is well thought out and just about anything you choose will be excellent. The food is presented well and it's family style so easy to share. Wine selection is easy with the help of the funky, but knowledgable, sommelier. We,ve been four or five times now and it's probably our favorite restaurant in Dubai.