“Good atmosphere and beer”

Loca Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #555 of 9,867 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Marina
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were brought here with the Motorsport team we are part of after the Dubai 24 Hour race last week to celebrate....great atmosphere (loud, brash and fun!)reasonable beer on tap at the your table which is a cool concept and tasty food - although not enough of it! Sadly, I stuck to cider because I felt the wine was overpriced but that's me being picky. Someone in our group kindly ordered me a very tasty birthday cake which was unexpected and delicious! Service is good, if a little impersonal and the place is in a good location with reasonably priced taxis available outside (like everywhere else in Dubai! UK - take note!)

1  Thank avf1984

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I went to Loca based on a recommendation from a friend. The ambiance was that of an authentic Mexican restaurant. We came in and were greeted and sat. Our table had a wall between us and the bar, but we had a view of outside. After that we waited an eternity for someone to come and take our order. We ordered drinks and a starter. I assumed they would come back and take our main course order. After 15 minutes of waiting, and leaning around the wall watching all the waitress stand around the bar talking, I finally got up and asked one of them to take my order. Our drinks went empty, and we were never offered more. Our started was brought to table cold. The main courses were good, and really tasted authentic. I finally had enough of waiting for my drink be refilled and the lousy service. I went to the bar, paid our bill and left.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have to say, this is one of our favorite places in Dubai. The staff are very friendly, smiley and helpful, the food is great and the atmosphere lively. Their chicken fajita, Loca ribs and tacos are some of our favorites, and their beer selection is great! If I were to ask for anything, it would be an update to the menu since we go so often and are almost out of dishes to try :)

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

The bar staff are truly rubbish. OK so I'm here (now), sat at the bar, the English Premier League is on and the bar staff are watching it rather than their customers empty glasses.
It's such a shame really, it is a great place and I've been coming here since 2005 and it's gone through a few name changes since.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have been to loca at least 50 times in last 3 to 4 years.....it is an amazing place....it is perfect value for money.......i love the guacamole and the lamb sizzler the most, but yeah I have tried almost everything possible on the menu......waiters/waitresses are really polite and I always had an amazing time umpteen times i have visited this place.....keep it up guys :)