Auris Hotel Apartments Deira
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$160
$123
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$153
$136
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$171
Atlantis, The Palm(Dubai)
$384
$268
$216
The H Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$110
$89
$218
$196
$272
  • Pool
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
JW Marriott
$1,225
All reviewsfrom al rigga metro stationfood junctionskitchen utensilssmall thingslocation is excellentnight lifeminutes walkingrooms are largea great place to staycomfortable bedsatriadeirasupermarketwifihousekeepingairporttoaster
Reviewed May 11, 2013

its my second visit in dubai, it was unplanned but Auris hotel didnt failed to provide comfort during my stay. Rooms are so-so, there is a regular room cleaning which is quite good. One thing im not comfortable with is that there is no wifi connection in the rooms, though in the lobby connection is excellent. Location is very good as it is really close to the train station. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank iamChristianAgero
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Room was spacious, no internet in the room, the downside: the window is huge and curtains are white the light was killing us with the sunrise - they should add blinds.
location is good 3 min walk to the metro station
staff is kind however our room was not ready when we arrived but they did it in 15 minutes

might go again...

Room Tip: let them know if you are coming before 2pm
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I booked the Apart for a short stay in Dubai. The apart hotel is located about 150 metres of Al Riga metro station and about 50 metres from Al Riga main road. The hotel is quite new with decent size rooms. I have done my booking with a reliable internet site, the one I always use and I know that there are no surprises with them. However once I check in I was informed that on top of the price that was indicated in my booking voucher I had to pay a 10% service charge and a 10% tax. I have been in Dubai before and I used other apart hotels and always my booking have been with the same site that makes a point to tell you that the price include local taxes and service charges. However Auris hotel will not have it and charge me a 20% more for my booking.

Once we were to our room I notice that there were toiletries and towels only for one. As we were 2 of us on a twin room I went back to reception to ask for more towels, and toiletries. The hotel also mentions that they provide free internet and free mineral water. The water wasn’t in the room and the receptionist told me that the bar was already closed to go and get water from a supermarket. I know it may cost peanuts but is not the case, you arrive late in the evening and you cannot even have a cup of coffee because although there is an electric kettle there is no coffee o water in the room. And by the way the internet is not free either!.

To make a long story short after calling 3 more times, and going down to reception again I got an extra towels but still no toiletries. It seems to be very difficult for them to grasp the concept that 2 ladies need 2 shampoos, 2 shower gels, etc. It wasn’t a single room it was a twin one!

The same problem happened the following day, and the day after that. So on my fourth day I went down to reception to enquire if they have us on the computer as a single room or as a twin room. They had us as a twin room however the housekeeping guy kept leaving towels for 1 and toiletries for 1. I asked to speak to a manager but there wasn’t one available. The same issue with the water, they never left us and then they told us that courtesy water was only the first day. (the day that they did not leave it and the bar was closed). A similar issue we had with the toilet paper. The hotel use very small rolls (half the normal size) and the paper is so thick that runs out quite quickly. Every day we have to call for loo roll, because they do not leave spare ones, even if the roll in the stick is almost empty. So if you want to avoid embarrassment just made yourself a favour and go and buy a decent loo roll in the supermarket, otherwise be prepared to call housekeeping a zillion times until you finally get some.

The positives the room is airy, good size and quite newish furniture. The beds are comfortable, the rooms and communal areas look very clean, it is let down by the windows in the room which are absolutely filthy.

The negatives as I mentioned are the housekeeping, the towels are off-white and some of them even ripped so they are really for the bin and not up to standards to provide to pay guess. Customer service is also not up to scratch. There is no management to be seem anywhere and the staff is to keen to get rid of you. It is really a shame because the apart looks great is in an excellent location, but with that 20% on top of the price it gets overpriced and cannot compete in service with other chain of apart than are in a similar price range with better service and facilities.

An example of bad customer service is that I tried to negotiate a late check out paying what is normally in Dubai known an extended rate. The check out is normally at 14;00 and they wanted me to pay almost the whole full day rate and leave at 18;00. I was not allowed to pay the extension rate and leave at 20:00, so it was their lost because I went to the apart round the corner where I pay for a full day included breakfast for a lower rate than they wanted for 4 more extra hours.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Patricia032
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel on 3 occasions including once with my family. I found it a utility place to stay if you are not looking at top-of-the-line comfort. The room size was adequate and rooms are well furnished. The swimming pool at the rooftop is quite nice. The only thing it lacks is a gym. It is well located - 5min walk to the Al Riga metro station. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Only good point was the early check in the receptionist gave me.Staff look over worked only one receptionist at front desk and she was doing ten things at one time.Room was dirty floor was still wet.Area is not bad everything close by on Al Rigga Road.Bed felt like a rock glade I drank that Beer help me fall asleep.Bathroom is small and dark.Internet is land line only no WI-FI it's 2013 right come on upgrade guys.Place is to new to have so many issues.Can you say Management because thats what the are lacking.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business