“Great brunch with outstanding service!”
Review of Imperium

Imperium
Ranked #21 of 9,706 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Imperium is an all-day buffet dining restaurant serving International cuisine in elegant opulent settings. Relish this delectable cuisine and enjoy your meal within the spectacular interiors, or al fresco whilst admiring the views of the garden. Don't miss out on the lavish weekend brunches.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I got together with friends for a late brunch on a Saturday at this opulent restaurant at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray Hotel. The decor, ample space and setting of this restaurant is exquisite; it complements superbly the rest of the "turkish" style of this palace hotel. The buffet was of an excellent quality, great variety and displayed exceptionally. When arriving the maitre took us through the food stations and explained how the buffet flowed.The food was excellent- I mention specifically the fresh oysters that were truly ourstanding....The service was superb; our tall, young syrian waiter was impeccably professional but also kind and friendly; one of the best service I have ever experienced for a while in a restaurant. The price for brunch for a luxury hotel in Dubai was reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Imperium

Reviewed October 2, 2013

For a while, I had been searching for a suitable venue to ask my partner for her hand in marriage and after calling the top French restaurants in Dubai, none of them had what I was looking for - i.e. a private dining experience, where we could interact with the chef and learn all about how to cook classic French cuisine, since that was what my girlfriend has mentioned as a dream of hers.

I was lucky enough to speak directly with the executive chef at Iperium who ensured that I was followed up with. Sandra, the Outlet Manager at Iperium came back to me and made sure she understood my objectives, which included learning how to make various French starters, a main and deserts. Followed, of course, by eating our creations. All in an intimate and romantic atmosphere.

After a meeting with Sandra and two of the senior chefs (one from Iperium and the other from the French Vietnamese fusion restaurant also located at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray - Voi) - we were able to create a fantastic menu. This included learning some Japanese dishes - which were also a passionate interest for both my girlfriend and myself.

The day went spectacularly - especially since my girlfriend said "yes" when I popped the question! It was made even more special due to the attention to detail, the warmth and the friendliness of all the staff, at Iperium, the Jumeriah Zabeel Saray hotel, the Talise Spa and Voi.

Actually, the team there went beyond my expectations, by creating two private spaces where we could first learn how to create the appetisers and then enjoy them, followed by the main course where a new table had been especially laid for us.

Even the menus had been customised and printed for us, and the first set of menus just mentioned our names. Between the courses, we went for a walk outside near the large chess set that forms part of the lush gardens, I asked the question. Soon after, the Iperium team had served up two champagne flutes and we were celebrating our engagement. Upon returning to the dining area at Iperium, we were served our main courses and the menus had been updated with congratulations messages. Nice touch!

There is a long story that I could recount about the proposal since it actually took place over 12 hours, but the core part at Iperium was where we were looked after the best, enjoyed learning the tips and tricks of great French and Japanese cuisine as well as tasting an array of dishes, being attended to hand and foot, whist allowing a good level of privacy for us.

Having been to Iperium many times before, I knew the quality to be of a high standard and the meetings held in advance gave me confidence on their reliability, but I have to say that the team outshone my expectations and made the day something we will never forget. Thank you everyone at Iperium for making it so special.

I believe this was a first for them in terms of the experience they created and I hope that they continue offering an interactive dining activity since I am sure many people will be interested to participate.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

At the Imperium restaurant at the JZS serves the buffet menu which is average. There is a lack of cooked vegetables within the hot main dishes service, plus the service is below average. Besides salads Vegetarians do not do well with the buffet choices, fish but no vegetarian main course.

Be careful of the hidden extras. On our first night at diner we declined the bottle of water, but it was still brought to our table. Then throughout the evening we were asked if we wanted water. At the end of the evening we were charged for the unopened bottle of water.

1  Thank Kenco66
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Dubai is the city of brunches. As a resident for 5 years, I've done a fair few of them. Some of them nevery lose their splendour, while others come and go in popularity and quality.

Imperium is new on the block. The hotel itself, Zabeel Saray on the Palm, is a little overdone. Think bling and big pillars but on closer inspection, dodgy plaster and paintwork. Perhaps this is a little harsh, but that was my first impression.

On to the restaurant. Imperium reviews pretty well and my expectations were high. Ultimately I was let down.

The place was relatively busy. Apart from some annoying issues encountered on entrance at just after 12pm, the staff were excellent. Very attentive and friendly and we encounterered no problems with 'stingy' drink delivery, that it all too common a problem at these brunches.

For me at least, the experience is about the food. I'm not really there for the social event, I'm interested in how enterprising the kitchen is. Believe me, any generalisation of lukewarm food across Dubai's brunches is not accurate for many of the brunches on offer. Some of the brunches are truly spectacular in terms of quality and delivery of food.

The single problem here is the variety of food. There just is not enough of it. A respectable seafood and cheese selection (it is a French themed affair), but otherwise sadly lacking. Really sadly lacking. The area in which the food is on offer is relatively tiny. They could do a lot more and turn this into something special. However, at the moment, there is absolutely no reason to return for me. They need to offer at least more than a single beef dish, if I don't count a dodgy stew. I really could not believe how little choice there was and the way this place reviews.

Believe me, there are far better options at this price point.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The title says it all, pretty much. This was a dinner buffet on a Friday night for a party of 4 (Gold Sirius member). The ambience is beautiful but the service was very bad; I realise a lot of reviews claim a fireworks experience but obviously that standard is not consistent throughout. The waiters kept making mistake after mistake and clearly lacked the traditional Jumeirah training. The buffet was very average for the type of hotel, not enough choices of both hot and cold dishes, many dishes were left empty for long streches of time and were not refilled as they should be, and the general aspect was a bit messy. It was equivalent to a 3 star hotel buffet (Dubai Standards), not the 5 stars it should be considering this is at the Zabeel Saray.