“Not what I am accustom to for this area at this price”
Review of Ramada Jumeirah

Ramada Jumeirah
Ranked #159 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We live in The UAE and stay in Hotels all of the time. Check in was great the room was fine. The lounge is nice an has a good Happy hour deal. The Ginger restaurant was great the food was outstanding. No free WIFI, and they charge a fortune for it For 1 day, about what I pay for 1 month unlimited on my phone. we found out after staying 1 day that we could get 1 hour free in the lobby. after the second nite we found out they had computers on the second floor for use. the front desk people were not quick to give out any extra info. The bed was hard and I heard water running all light. I asked for a customer comment card and the said the did not have them. They are not the only hotel in Dubai to charge for WIFI and we usually do not stay at those hotels.This hotel screams US corporate hotel. asked about late check out- yes but there is a charge. We wanted to stay 1 more day in Dubai but decided to check out and go back to Abu Dhabi and stay at our Favorite Hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
GM_RamadaJumeirah, General Manager at Ramada Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience related to your recent stay with us.

We indeed apologize if we have come short of meeting your expectations and rest assured that each comment is reviewed with members of the concerned teams and adjusted where ever possible.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to demonstrate our ability to deliver service and facilities to your expectations and to amend your latest views.

We look forward to such in the not too distant future.

Tim Swagemakers

Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Great hotel, lovely clean rooms. We did not use pool area so,cannot comment. The greatest asset of this hotel is the staff, so friendly and could do enough to help us. I had contacted the hotel previous to our stay in order to ask for a surprise in our hotel room for our 5th anniversary, we arrived to a beautifully decorated cake and my other half was so chuffed as was I! Location of the hotel is ideal for easy access to the beaches and the open beach is within walking distance and only took 20mins. Taxis are cheap and easy to get, we used them a lot to get into the city. There is a nice bar right beside the hotel and again staff are faultless. Yes you have to pay for the internet but that's not a big deal. Highly recommend this hotel to everyone, great value for money. We will be back : )

Room Tip: When you book, ask for exactly what you want bed wise etc......if you don't ask you don't ge...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_RamadaJumeirah, General Manager at Ramada Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear guests,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay with us, and for acknowledging the high level of customer service provided by our team. I was most pleased that we were able to make your anniversary a memorable
one.
On behalf of the entire Ramada Jumeirah Hotel team, we do hope to welcoming you back in not too distant future.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel was quite nice and the best thing about it was the attentive staff! I arrived at 1 am and the hotel was fully booked so I could not get a room, but the staff did everthing possible to make me comfortable. Because of extended wait I was given a discount on the early check-in which was a nice touch. I ate at the sushi restaurant which also had great service and the food was very good. I was most impressed with the staff at The Docks which is the hotels bar. Ilena and Sean went above and beyond and they even introduced me to some locals and that made my time there even more enjoyable.

The minuses for the hotel is that there is no shuttle from the airport and the location is just a bit off the beaten track. The hotel does make up for the location by providing shuttles to several of the popular sites.

I will definitely stay here again and I highly recommend it to every type of traveller!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I was pleased to know that you had an enjoyable experience with us. Your compliments to the team, specially to Ilena and Sean were definitely a delight to read. It is always rewarding to be able to share to the team such comments which they most appreciated.

Thank you once again and hope to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Very good hotel- clean, big rooms with comfortable beds. Bathroom was great!
The restaurant Ginger was a great surprise. I never usually eat in hotel restaturants, preferring to explore the area. However, arriving late from London I decided to eat at Ginger. And I am glad I did!! Great food and service- so good I ate there the next night as well!!! Absolutely recommend.
Reception girls were nice, especially Beverly (she told me she was leaving the next day though).
A big fault: no free wifi in rooms. One had to sit in the lobby to use the free wifi and had to ask for a new code each time, a bit annoying. Pool area was nice,but as soon as it got dark there was not enough light. Overrall a pleasant stay and would stay again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
GM_RamadaJumeirah, General Manager at Ramada Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for passing your feedback. I was pleased to know that you have enjoyed our facilities during your stay, especially our Ginger Restaurant.

We all look forward to another opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a great family stay at the hotel in Dec 13. Location is a bit away from center but can easily find a taxi from front of hotel. Supermarket and pharmacy right behind the hotel.
In brief, great service but the only down side is that the Wifi is not free! Not Acceptable in any decent hotel anymore, especially in dubai!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank inkonlike

Dear guest,

Thank you for passing your constructive feedback. I was pleased to know that your family has an enjoyable stay with us, and that you found our location very accessible.

We all look forward to welcoming all of you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The location of the hotel is a bit off the main highway joining known centers for shopping and sightseeing. No 24/7 mall at walking distance. But they have a ring-shuttle service to major shopping malls in daytime.
The hotel is quite clean. room service is very quick, efficient and kind. The day-time front desk, restaurant area is just the same, smiles all around.
Internet connection in the rooms is a bit problematic. Spa and sports center is ok. Pool area is a bit too tight but again ok.
I definiteley recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for passing your feedback. I have passed your comments to the team which they most appreciated.

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Visited dubai this December and stayed at ramada jumeirah. We arrived around 11 am and was told initially that room will be available at 2 pm. However when I requested the reception staff to give us an early check in since we hardly had any sleep coz of overnight flight they alloted us a room immediately. Room was very spacious , clean and with all the amenities. Hotel staff is very polite and ready to help. Special thanks to kartik, Mr. Fakruddin for helping us with excursions around dubai. We had booked the rooms with complimentary breakfast however we didn't find any Indian food in breakfast spread. As a result we skipped breakfast for our last two days. There's a small departmental store nearby where u can buy mineral water at 10 times cheaper rate then at hotel. There is a Indian restaurant behind the hotel named chennai park. It's a small restaurant but serves good food.We enjoyed our stay at ramada jumeirah a lot and would like to come back again but would like the hotel management to include some Indian food in breakfast.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Khalid1891

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback during your recent stay with us. Karthik and Fakhruddin was very pleased that you have enjoyed the tours they suggested and arranged. I was pleased too that we met your expectation. Regarding our breakfast spread, we are taking your suggestion into consideration.

We look forward to another opportunity to welcoming you back.