“How many stars can you give a hotel???”
Review of Ramada Jumeirah

Ramada Jumeirah
Ranked #158 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels in Dubai,so this time I stayed somewhere else. I love the Moven Pic 1st class in every way and endorse it's rooms,food and service,1st class. This time I stayed at the Ramada Jumeriah Hotel. All I can say is "WOW"!!!! I have spent allot more but never have I recieved so much. The hotel is beautiful and the service is the "best",nothing compairs to it in my Budget. I'm sure The Burg Al Arab is better but I will never know(I cant afford it). The service and room is outstanding better than any I have had before. I went down stairs for the buffet and I was out of this world. The entraies aqnd salad were fabulos and the desert table was in a word "DELCIOUS"!!!! If I'm using my money(not the companies) I will never stay anywhere else

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank joesteven
Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed January 20, 2013

i liked the hotel, its only 1 year old, we all loved the bathroom. the stuff are professional, we used their babysitter facility, she was very good with our kid and very friendly.
the open buffet breakfast was nice. the pool and other facilities were OK.
very easy check in and check out.
their premium room was really premium. 42" flat panel and 60 satellite channels, nice and advanced alarm clock.

Room Tip: premium double is good value.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Haidar69
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I'm sorry but I have totally lost whatever confidence I had for the Ramada chain of hotels, I simply requested a twin double, non smoking room and upon arrival we were shocked to find the we had been allocated a double bed and a smoking room, and a dirty, stained room at that! The hotels response to this was to give me a child's single bed to compensate, I'm sorry, but for the amount we paid, I shouldnt have to do with a single bed (the bed was meant for a child and was approximately 5'' in length- so my feet hung off the end). The room was changed the following day after complaining, but the replacement room was just as dirty/stained and also a smoking room!
I would like to add, in which world does room service come before 9am?! We found this annoying, so we ended up putting the 'do not disturb' sign on the door for the duration of the stay!
The hotel was however a beautiful building, but somewhat a distance from the nearest metro station, shuttle services were available and were pretty frequent. Taxis were always available and if they weren't outside, the security at the door would take it upon themselves to hail a taxi for us.
I've stayed with the Ramada chain before in various locations around the world, this has to be the worst, in my opinion, as shake up in management is required. I won't be returning.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Pars7
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Ramada is an awesome property with great rooms... cleanliness and amenities.
We stayed for 2 nights and found the hotel to be pleasing.
Please check for free internet after room is booked as web offer fom websites and realty coud be different.
Location is centeric, though nearest metro stn is about 25 mins walk. Lot of good places to eat food... the location was quite lively at even 10-11 in night.
You will enjoy ur luxury stay for sure.

Room Tip: Select top floo room while iving special request... the view is good and you could be lucky to get a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank akshatmangal
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Luxury at a great price. Friendly, welcoming staff offering a service to cater for your every need. There is decent sized pool, well equipped gym and spa area. The rooms are spacious, very clean and have fantastic showers. The staff are so friendly! If you are staying over peak season (Christmas/New Year) there is a scramble for sun loungers. You'll need to get up to the pool at the crack of dawn to secure your spot. The pool restaurant offers a decent menu but be sure to ask for the pasta without the spice, it almost blew my head off. Check out nearby Al Difayah road for some cheap eats and delicious Lebanese food.
Wifi doesn't come free or cheap although we did pay for a weeks use which works out a lot cheaper then daily and there is a good connection throughout the entire hotel once purchased. Lots of nearby shopping centers and restaurants offer free wifi.

Room Tip: There is a free shuttle service to the beach and malls which is excellent.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The hotel is nice and luxurious, but it's as if something is missing...the lobby is welcoming but cold, ce je ne sais quoi is missing. The staff is friendly and polite, and they are everywhere, the persons at the curbside are the nicest and most welcoming. Some of them are just rude like the woman at the gym, very rude, it's as if she does not want to be there, well find another job then!! I called at night inquiring about the complimentary shoe shine, i was told, will get back to you, but non one did...

The rooms are very clean, spacious and the fruit tray and free bottled water are a nice touch. The bar is well garnished but, like everything in Dubai, pricey. The bed is comfortable and the linen crisp and clean.

The Bathroom is interesting, shower and bathtub in same glassed space. Toiletries are "Ramada" and there is a serious lack of towels.. 2 big & 2 small ones... Probably because there is no place to hang them left with the bidet, huge shower etc,,,,

Gym is nice but hot, they should revisit the AC and pool is OK. There is Sauna, steam room and Jaccuzi in locker room, and the rude lady will provide u a towel and locker key after grimacing and making faces..

internet is Not free except for one hour in Lobby and u have to ask for voucher, i discovered this later and they had to refund me the 10$ per hour! Yes all is $$$$ here.

Breakfast is much better than what u get in US but not " luxury" as at 5* hotels. Muesli, bircher, Omelette on demand, tasteless fruits, cheap cheese, croissants, fava beans ( beans) etc.. And of course very expensive, i forgot now but maybe 25$ per person!

Location might be central, 40 dirham to Bourj al Arab by cab, but otherwise there is Nothung in its proximity in case u feel like a walk.

For a business trip, one or two days in town I recommend it, especially if the price is right, otherwise treat yourself to the real luxury of the other fancy places, but again all comes at a price, and in Dubai the price seems to be getting out of reach of mere people like us who read or contribute to this Website!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed there for over a week. Nice hotel overall. Good for family as well. Breakfast was perfect with plenty of spread to choose from.

Location is ok, as Al Difayah road isn't that far away for you to find things to eat. However, if you are looking for a place near the metro, this is not the spot. Buses and cabs however would be easy to get.

The rooms were tidy and setting was quite nice. No great view though. Loved the bathroom with the large bathtub and also rain shower.

Also used the swimming pool at the rooftop. Eventhough it was cold (winter in Dubai) but as the swimming pool was heated, the kids did not have any complaints until they got out of the pool. Lifeguard was there to oversee them and one of them even said, it was ok for me to leave them if I wanted to. Didn't though but was a good gesture.

Only complaint that I had was the parking as had daily problems with validation of my parking ticket. Practically had a daily event calling up security to verify that I was a guest so that I can exit. Other than that, had a good time there and staff were friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family