“New Hotel but Need Improvement in Service”
Review of Ramada Jumeirah

Ramada Jumeirah
Ranked #155 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“New Hotel but Need Improvement in Service”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Helloo Dear Travelers,

Ramada Jumeirah is brand new hotel but not to standards.

Make sure you have hotel map ready for taxi because taxi driver don't hotel location.

Mercato Mall: 10 minutes
Dubai Mall: 10 – 15 minutes
City Center Mall: 15 – 20 minutes

Likes:
1- Doormen are smiling and greeting you all times.

2- Carrefour and Spinney's supermarkets are walking distance.

3- Many different restaurants are close by, like 2-3 minutes walking.

4- There is a Pianist in the lobby if you care.

5- Ginger restaurant is tasty and nice atmosphere.

Dislikes:

1- Reception staff is not professional during check-in and check-out because Mohammed (one of the receptionist) let me waited during check-out around 10 minutes because he was trying to call the housekeeping to check if I used anything from the mini bar????? I advised Mohammed "It is better to ask a guest if he/she used anything from mini bar instead of letting a hotel guest waiting."

2- Housekeeping staff are not good in cleaning my room and their attitude. During check out a housekeeping staff came to my room while I was waiting bellboy to carry out my bags and asked me to check my mini bar items.
But Sorry Can't housekeeping wait 2 minutes until I leave my room??

3- Service in the hotel lobby is so bad. I order a fresh juice and waitress came back after 5-8 minutes and told we are out of Mint. I don't know why she waited 5-8 minutes to tell me that? When I asked many questions about the menu she is not familiar with items included in the menu and she went many times to ask her manager.

4- A/C inside my room is horrible even though it is NEW hotel. Sometimes is very cold and other times is warm??

5- while I was booking my room, I request a Non-Smoking room and during check-in receptionist told me sorry we are fully booked so no more rooms.

Good Luck

Badr S. Al Saif

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank BADR-SAIF
Islam S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Jumeirah, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.

Dear Mr Al Saif

We were disappointed to read that you found your stay underwhelming and that Ramada Jumeirah did not live up to your expectations or provide you with a wow factor.

I have shared your feedback with my management team and they are looking into their invidual areas to see where improvements can be made. Furthermore, I apologise that you felt some of your experience was so poor and this is one area we are re-visiting during our departmental training.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention as it allows us to upgrade and enhance our resident experience.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Ramada Jumeirah Dubai on another occasion.

Sincerely yours,

Islam Saleh
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My local partner booked this hotel for my business visit. Ramada Jumairah is close to Port Said. It is a great 4* hotel with 5* service & rooms. The Coffee house serves excellant buffet breakfast with open kitchen. The buffet spread can put some 5* hotels to shame. They have everything you can imagine to get you off to a perfect start.
As I was out most of the day till late night, I could not try some of they superb restaurants, Gym, sauna, steambath, pool, business center & other facilities. There is a lobby lounge with a pianist.
The momment you arrive, the doorman welcomes you with a greetings and doors are opened and guided to the reception. Even though this is a 4* hotel, i felt like being in a 5* hotel. Room & bathroom are big and spacious.

Room Tip: As hotel is located just off the main road, you do not get to hear any noise. As it is located out o...