“Romantic Dinner in the middle of the sea!”

101 Dining Lounge and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
101 Dining Lounge and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #150 of 9,703 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is one of the 3 restaurants of the newly opened one&only the palm resort in dubai
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Breathtaking view! Din't make it in time to get the boat though, and it is quite a drive to get there. But once there, its like a world of its own. In case you want to remind yourself you're still in Dubai, just turn around to get a full view of the Dubai Marina in all its glory and splendor. It was quite humid, so we couldn't sit outside, which was a shame as that's the highlight of this location. Nevertheless the courteous staff made sure we had a cozy, window side table. Service was excellent and helpful, though the portions were quite small, but delicious. When reserving the restaurant i was asked if there was any special occasion, which it was. I was expecting something nice since i was asked this, but it turned out to be just a tiny candle and a small note written on a chocolate flake on the complimentary cookie plate which is standard anyway!! I would still go back when the weather is better, for the outdoor seating.

1  Thank Nikhil49
There are newer reviews for 101 Dining Lounge and Bar

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I should start with my experiences with this restaurant but first I want to comment some other reviewers who complained about the (wine) prices. I don't know what they expected but the drinks are expensive all over the Emirates and when you're going to such a location why does anybody expect making a bargain on the beverages?
We had three bottles of wine and had a wonderful evening. this restaurant is really worth the way - even when we had the same trouble with the boat like others had.
The location is wonderful, the atmosphere is a must, the food was excellent and the service was very attentive. Absolutely nothing to complain.
I warmly recommend this restaurant and I would go there again.
PS: When you make a reservation (necessary) think about that they have several restaurants at The Palm and ask about the 101

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner visited 101 lounge for dinner when we were visiting Dubai.
We got the boat from Royal Mirage which dropped us off at the restaurant on the palm. All I can say is how disappointed I was. The amazing view that is advertised on the website is not in view from the outdoor seating. The food is very expensive and average at best. I left the majority of my meal and the waiting staff did not bother to ask if there was a problem.
Also paid 66AED for still water. If we had known it was so overpriced we would have stuck to our main drinks. Restaurants should offer complimentary water when sat outside in the heat.
The view from the walkway is beautiful but you cannot see this from the restaurant.
The hostess came across as very pretentious. It almost pained her to book us on to the boat to return us to the royal mirage.
My advice is to avoid this restaurant. There is far better for the price in Dubai.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Just returned from this place where we had dinner. The experience was marred by really loud and monotonous house music that was played incessantly throughout our meal. I asked twice for them to turn it down, but didn't notice a change. The management should decide if they want to run a restaurant or a disco. The food and drinks seemed expensive for what we got. 1000 dirhams for two mains, two deserts and four glasses of wine. Our seafood dishes were well-prepared, but with no surprises. The only thing about this place that is outstanding is the setting - a stand alone island with access from The One and Only Palm. Go for that and nothing else.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The walkway from the hotel to the lounge in simply amazing with the narrow dimly lit walkway with water on both sides. The view at night is one of the plus points of this lounge. A special mention of washrooms as they are simply grand!