“Disappointing experience”

Orient Tours - Day Tours
Book In Advance
$85.37*
and up
4x4 Dubai Desert Safari with Dune Bashing, Sandboarding, Camel Riding and BBQ...
$36.86*
Dubbo, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Disappointing experience”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The 4 wheel drive was good, but our guide didn't speak much English so he didn't give us ant commentary. They ran out of food at the meal, which was very disorganised. There was coffee but no cups. Our driver was rude as well - when I said thank you and goodnight he ignored me completely.

1 Thank nsm48
OrientTours, Guest Relations Manager at Orient Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear nsm48,
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback about our Half Day Desert Safari which you have joined. It was a pleasure having you on board. Please note that what you describe is not the usual level of service we provide to our guests and we would therefore like to discuss this matter directly with you. Kindly send an email to sarah@orienttours.ae We would love to welcome you again on one of our tours/safaris.

Wollongong, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Two tours - good experience”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I did the day tour and the desert 4x4 desert tours.

I enjoyed both!

The half day tour is a a good way to get the layout of the town. I liked our guide. He was friendly and knowledgable. You could do the hop on/hop off tour but it is NOT air conditioned. A big plus for this tour.

I loved the desert tour. Yes it is touristy but i loved it. Our driver was a bit crazy on the road but when i got on the dunes saw that he really knows how to handle his car.

I think it is worth doing, just be aware of what it is. Have fun and meet people.

Dear Gongboy53,
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback about our Dubai City Tour & Half Day Desert Safari which you have joined. It was a pleasure having you with us. We are glad to read that you liked our guide who you found friendly and knowledgeable. In regard to the Safari we are happy to know that you felt that our driver knows how to handle the car in the dunes. We would love to welcome you again on one of our tours/safaris.

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Really good value for money”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I spent a lot of time researching which company to use for the desert safari as there was so much choice.

I am really glad I chose orient tours who gave the best price and really good service.

As other reviews have said, they do want payment upfront and scan details of the credit card. I was apprehensive about this and they agreed that I could pay on the day.

I phoned up the day before to confirm and they made a slight change to the time.

On the day they picked me up at the agreed time. The driver let us know the itinerary for the day then along the way he would point out various points and answer any questions we had.

The cars all meet up at a point where they would let down the air in the tyres. We would then do the dune bashing for about an hour with various stops for photos in between. It was really good fun.

We then went to a camel farm, this wasn't anything fancy.

We then went to the camp where you could have a camel ride, sandboarding, henna, shisha at no extra cost compared to other companies which charge for aspects of this.

You then could have unlimited soft drinks. The performance by a male performer and a belly dancer would start and in between you would have a buffet meal.

orient had their own camp and at the time it wasn't very busy, but that didn't bother me as I could get served really quick.

After this, the driver would then pick us all up and take us back to our hotel.

Dear CallumA1990,
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback about our Half Day Desert Safari which you have joined. It was a pleasure having you with us and we are glad to read that you were satisfied with our services. Happy to read that you had fun during the dune drive and loved the photo-stops. We would love to welcome you again on one of our tours/safaris.

London
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Enjoyable desert safari”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We chose Orient Tours due to their positive Tripadvisor reviews, and the unbeatable price they quoted for two adults and a 10 and 12 year old for the evening desert safari.

To confirm the booking online, I was asked to provide a scan (or fax) of both sides of my credit card and make the full payment upfront. I was a little apprehensive, but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. Only the agreed amount was charged to my card, and no unauthorised transactions have appeared since.

The driver arrived at the agreed time (the pickup was brought forward by 30 minutes, but they phoned the day before to let me know) and upon being picked up, the driver explained the itinerary for the day and was happy to answer any questions we had about the tour.

The desert safaris are all almost identical to each other, but Orient’s version was at their own camp and included a sandboarding slope at no extra cost. On the August night we went, there were only 5 cars, so the camp felt very quiet with many tables lying empty. The positive of this was that the henna artist was able to take more time with her work, and we could have multiple camel rides and turns of sandboarding if we wanted.

The barbecue dinner was the standard fare of Arabic bread, hummous, tabbouleh, salads and grilled lamb, chicken and burgers. Soft drinks and water were free, but beers (Heineken or Fosters cans) were AED 15 each and juice was AED 5.

Overall it was a good evening, and I’d recommend Orient Tours as long as you don’t mind giving your card details over email, or are able to pay them cash on the day.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank CallumLondon
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent Trip”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Excellent Trip. I always worry about choosing a good tour operator and like to do my research so when we read the good reviews for Orient Tours we choosed Orient. We had an excellent and confident driver (who turned up on time), A very professional company. Definitely worth the money too as you leave approx. 3:30Hrs and get back about 21:Hrs and always have something to do. The dune bashing was good fun and fairly scary at times, followed by a delicious dinner, henna, camel rides, sand boarding, Shisha Belly Dance and Tanoura Danve show. Would highly recommend Orient as friends had disappointing experiences with other providers.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Nuwara V
Dear Nuwara V,
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback about our Half Day Desert Safari which you joined. It was a pleasure having you on board and we are happy to read that you rated our driver as "excellent and confident". Further, we are glad that you enjoyed the buffet and that you would recommend Orient Tours. We would love to welcome you again on one of our tours/safaris.