“Poor location and poor service”

M Hotel Downtown By Millennium
Ranked #202 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 4, 2012

On business in Dubai for a week one or twice a month, so I try many hotels in this bracket. This has been the worst so far this year.

The (business) rooms are well appointed and comfortable - and the upgrade to a business room was at no extra charge.

The location is poor - it can easily take 15 minutes to travel from hotel to the Dubai Mall just 700 meters away. Taxis do not really like travelling to the hotel from the downtown area as it is so close and is not good business for them, There is a shuttle bus to the mall in the evening but I found that this tied me down to particular times. It is possible to walk, but its dusty and hot. Nothing else is going on around the hotel so I felt quite isolated.

One could probably make allowances for the location - as the buildings and roads around are completed, I am sure that this will improve. However the service also leaves a lot to be desired.

Rooms are often only made up after 5pm at just the time that I wanted to relax after a business day before the walk to get something to eat. I even tried hanging the "Please make up my room" card on the door when I left for work in the morning only to find it still hanging there on my return.

Tried eating in but the atmosphere was bland and the food expensive.

My minibar was not fully stocked as per the card provided and it was never replenished and nor was the complementary coffee (nice coffee by the way).

Then they have this phone with a button called "one touch service" - tried calling to get service - like to get more coffee, ask for my room to be made up etc. - only there was no answer.

Staff were courteous and friendly enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank JDC66
RadBlu_DubaiDT, General Manager at M Hotel Downtown By Millennium, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

We greatly value your input and will take it in order to improve our services and procedures

Khamis Kazzaz

Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at Radisson Blu Dubai Downtown for an 8 night leisure trip and enjoyed it. It has a lot great features but sadly also a few flaws.

Positive:
- great location, just 5 min by foot to the Dubai Mall or the Burj Khalifa - don't let the other reviews fool you, there is a walkway and you don't have to walk through the sand
- very helpfull and friendly frontdesk staff - especially April was a great help
- we had a nicely furnished rooms with a great view of the Burj Khalifa
- shuttle bus to the beach and the Dubai Mall (even though it could visit the beach more frequently)
- free wi-fi, coffe/tea and water in the room
- good breakfast, even though there could have been more changes to the things they offer, so it got a bit boring after a few days. Very positive was, that the staff there made sure, that they had soy milk for the time of our stay there.

Negative:
- the towel situation at the pool - they just don't lie there all the time, you have to wait for somebody to bring them
- room size - even though the rooms are nicely furnished and you have an nice flatscreen TV, the rooms are rather small
- the prices for room service are not at all adequat for the hotel category
- housekeeping sometimes forgot to change towels, even though we left them on the floor
- the pool was next to a highway, so you can hear it all of the time

Overall I have to say, that it is a good hotel, which is more for the business traveler, than people visiting Dubai for their holidays, but which also works as a holiday hotel. I would have given it 3,5 stars (if it was possible), but because of the more than helpful frontdesk I went with 4 stars.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TacoBellLover
RadBlu_DubaiDT, Manager at M Hotel Downtown By Millennium, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback.
In particular thank you for your positive comments about our central location and the room design. Also thank you for highlighting that the breakfast items are of good choice and quality
We appreciate your thoughts about the positive attitude of our staff, especially Front Office

In regards to the towels and the pool area, we appreciate your comments and we shall look into improving our service coverage accordingly

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

A fine hotel for a short business visit in an unattractive part of Dubai
Pluses:
Friendly staff, very good service
Good room service
Good value
Minuses
Room looks a bit shabby for such a new hotel
Not a convenient location
Limited gym facilities

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Mohamad Y, General Manager at M Hotel Downtown By Millennium, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2016

Dear E W,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback and i am delighted to read your positive note about your stay with us.

We look forward to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I truly enjoyed staying here. The staff was so good to my entire group and there were a ton of us. Always looked forward to Breakfast each morning, the coffee was delicious & food was really fresh. The rooms were clean & the gym was really nice. The pool closed at 11PM which made it hard to enjoy because I worked late most days. Aside from the Dubai mall we didn't have much we could do in the area & nothing is within walking distance. Overall I think it was the helpfull staff that made the experince pleasant. The airline lost my bags so reception called and had them deliverd the next day. Always had helpfull advice on directions & where we should go :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Bree982,

We look forward to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I booked this hotel thru the net. When I arrived to the reception i was surprised that the price declared on the web is not including the Tax. The receptionist was new in the business ( Nobi ), and he started wrong assumptions about my visa card without any solid knowledge while his boss finished the dilemma within less than a second.
Went up to the room. Clean organized well, also the bathroom very clean but worn off mirror and nozzels and handels.
I was hungry I ordered a very late dinner thru room survice. Very professional cooking and tasty food ( 8/10 rating).
Now i discvered that nothing is arround as a walking distance. You've got to get a taxi. Wifi internet at room is free. No lounge.
Over all, I will not come back to this hotel, there are a lot of better choices and for sure with better prices.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Muhammad B

Dear Muhammad B,

Thank you very much for taking time in providing us with your feedback.
I am disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectation during your stay with us.

I have highlighted your feedback with the team and please do let me know of your next travel plans to Dubai, Hoping that you will give us a another chance to restore your faith in the hotel.

You may contact me directly at paul.uglesic@radissonblu.com and i will be more than happy to assist with your future reservations.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We got a very good bargain as we booked the hotel through an online agent in UK called SECRET PLACES. They were doing Sales. Our booking includes a complimentary free pick up at the airport and free travel back to the airport on our check out from the hotel. Our booking includes breakfast and dinner for the whole of our stay at the hotel. We booked four nights at the hotel. All these for £370.
The free shuttle bus from the hotel to Dubai Mall, Emaar Square and Jumeriah Beach Park ran very frequently. The same bus also go back to collect guests after dropping them off. There is free Wi-Fi at the hotel. We were meant to check out at 12noon on the fifth day but our flight is at 2am the following day. I spoke to the hotel management and they allow us to stay till 6pm (extra four hours) free of charge. They also agreed for us to leave our luggage in their store room free of charge after checking out at 6pm. We were taken to the airport free of charge 4 hours before our flight.
The hotel also linked us with a Tour Company and we had two separate tours of Dubai(City Tour and Safari Desert Tour) and I believe the prices for the two tours were reasonable and for me the Safari Desert Tour was a once in a life time experience. The City Tour was equally good as we were given a guided tour of the city which include visit to the Dubai Museum and The Gold Market to mention just a few.
Agreed the hotel is surrounded by a construction site but this in no way diminish our good experience and stay at the hotel. There was no noise inside and outside the hotel. Even though there were not too many varieties during breakfast and dinner, but it was buffet and I think that more than compensate for the down side of not having too many varieties. Come to think of it I believe the number of dishes to choose from is fairly wide and reasonable. Five star hotels that have been around for long time may provide slightly more varieties but at exorbitant price. All the staff at the hotel have pleasant behaviour and are always willing to help in every way possible. Overall, I and my wife had a wonderful time at Radisson Blu hotel in particular and Dubai in general.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank olaleye1
RadBlu_DubaiDT, General Manager at M Hotel Downtown By Millennium, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback.
In particular thank you for your positive comments about our convenient services of free shuttle and WIFI. Also thank you for highlighting that the development near the hotel did not affect your stay whatsoever.
We appreciate that your thoughts about the positive attitude of our staff and looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I wish TA had a "good" rather than a very good so I have gone for average but its really better than that. This is a modern functional hotel near the Dubai Mall/ Emaar square complex ( 5 mins drive). It is in the middle of a building site all around, but then that could be said of 90% of Dubai.

It has good wifi, clean and well equipped rooms ( with british plugs), a good TV ( but no on demand movies), a mini bar, ironing board, safe and a decnet bathroom. The air con works well with little noise.

The front desk staff were always helpful and the other staff in the hotel seemed polite and helpful as well.

Food - breakfast is a good buffet with a full range, dinner / bar snacks are ok but nothing better than standard international hotel fare.

Pool and gym area were nice

So all in all for business this pace is as good as any other brand, but there is no atmosphere, or nothing to make it stand out. I would stay here again if I got the same price deal as last time but otherwise I would shop around

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MrC1973
RadBlu_DubaiDT, General Manager at M Hotel Downtown By Millennium, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you took in order to leave your feedback.
Your positive comments about the functionality of the rooms and hotel as well as our helpful staff is much appreciated.

As for your comments about the atmosphere, we are working on it and hopefully before the end of the year we will have additional outlets which will make a positive impact.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.