“never book the city tour over the travel agencies at the lobby”

Howard Johnson Bur Dubai
Ranked #272 of 551 Hotels in Dubai
Ho Chi Minh City, null, Vietnam
“never book the city tour over the travel agencies at the lobby”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

i stayed this hotel for 2 day stopover in july. the receiptionist introduced us to book the city tour over the tour agency in the lobby. this guy charged us double price than normal. we really angry with that ...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Howard Johnson hotels are not luxury but at least they maintain good service levels making them a popular brand. Howard Johnson Bur Dubai is a decent hotel for accommodation; however the overall service quality need a immediate upliftment. Bell desk staff was fair enough. The reception staff is dead and looked not too interested on duty (not sure about others but I felt this),seemed to me they are used to certain niche type of guests and not very innovative. The rooms are little small ,but very good and comfortable with decent amenities. The bath as however a big disappointment as there was no cold water. At 45 degrees in Dubai all you need is cold water not boiling water. The breakfast was decent but the whole set up of restaurant was not up to mark. They can do better décor and set up for sure. Housekeeping staff was nice & helpful. I would recommend this hotel only if you need a hotel for bed & breakfast purpose and you have a very tight schedule..As Dubai has world’s most luxurious hotels otherwise. Overall a decent hotel to stay but they really need a more cheerful and involved staff. As hotel does not make any service good or bad; people who work there makes difference.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank davechinwan
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a one night stopover in July 2013. Reception staff unhelpful. Rooms on the same floor were cleaned at 2 o'clock in the morning! Breakfast had no orange juice, only Tang instead. The room was big but I was hassled by a staff member banging on the door through the night. Felt very unsafe, no help from Reception. Never again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel transport which was to receive us was late about one hour. This was the only glitch.
Hotel is situated about 15 minutes walk from meena bazar, which is great. Rooms are comfortable with good service. Breakfast was also reasonably good including vegetarian food. Though not many choices. Recommended for a comfortable at a very reasonable price. stayed there from 3rd July to 7th July.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I Have been to dubai in June 2013 and stayed in Hotel Howard Johnson. Only the hotel location is good rest all is only and only bad. Hotel staff was really un co-operative. When I did the booking which was 2 months ago and requested for the inter connecting room as I have two kids so I wanted them to stay near to me but at the time of check in they didn't gave me after so many requests. The room which have given to me was stinky and the adjacent room was noisy and there were 3-4 boys who use to smoke and I was the passive smoker in that room because everytime there is a smoke smell and when I request to change the room, they didn't even listen. Breakfast is really bad and less choices otherwise every hotel are giving so many choices in the breakfast. Anyways I had no choice as it was my prepaid trip. At the time of check out they harassed us saying that you have to pay 25 diram because there is a stain on the towel which I didn't know. They showed us the towel after 3 days and I had a big argument saying how do I know that this towel has been taken from my room. They should have showed me at the same day but no...... I asked what type of stain it is and they the person on reception who is really rude said that you must have eaten something and while wiping your hands the oil stain has come on the towel and by far we have not eaten anything in the room. When I said that may be you have taken this towel from any other room or the stain was already there when you put in my room and he said mam it is standard hotel and we never do this. Can anybody tell me what is the use of towel? Anyways we paid but let me tell you the person on the reception is not at all co-operative and he was the one who was at the reception at the time of check in. I would recommend that not to stay at HOWARD JOHNSON. Tea coffee maker was in the room but when you will ask to refill the tea coffee sashes then they say we serve only one time. Nowadays even a standard hotel provides, tooth brush, bathroom sleeper, tea coffee material but in Howard Johnson everything
is on the payable basis. so you guys can judge how good this hotel is????????????

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Akansha16
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel was literally just a place to sleep in. The breakfast was really bad. The location was good, it is not too far from Burjuman mall. Close to the Souks too. My husband, myself and i stayed there for 4 nights from 21 May 2013, upon arrival they didnt seem too organised. The room was however very spacious, and the bellboy was very friendly. Very very average stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We checked in on 5th June 2013 and stayed for 3 nights. The hotel caters mainly to group tourists and some business persons. Naturally, one cannot expect the comforts of a boutique hotel. It is a business-like place and everything is mechanical. Reception was quite efficient in checking us in. The room is basic but quite clean and had the essential services except for wifi. Clean sheets, good ac and efficient housekeeping.
The buffet breakfast was, however, a letdown. The place was crowded (too small for the crowd) and the choice was limited. Stocks were not replenished and the quality of the fruits was indifferent.
The location is a quiet corner with a bus stop right outside and a metro station within walking distance. The Carrefour departmental store was a block away. On the whole, a convenient but average hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family