“Dim Sum ONLY option for dinner!”
Review of Shanghai Chic

Shanghai Chic
Ranked #11 of 9,524 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Imposing high ceilings and a colour palette of burgundy and black complements the exquisite Asian creations at Shanghai Chic. Our stylish and modern Asian restaurant specialises in Asian cuisine, with a generous offering of traditional favourites like the distinct crispy Peking duck, served on thin pancakes with hoisin, onion and cucumbers. Fashion and food are the highlights at Shanghai Chic. This stylish restaurant, with its unique concept of 'unlimited tasting night', is the perfect venue for special dinners and gatherings.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Dim Sum ONLY option for dinner!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I somehow got cajoled to buy the Circle M card and the very nice promotion manager did a great job following up with me to make sure I do take advantage of it and go to one of their restaurants. So I chose the Shanghai Chic restaurant. As we went we were shocked to find that it was a Dim Sum ONLY dinner, which those familiar with Chinese cuisine would tell you this is an oxymoron as Dim Sum is meant for breakfast or lunch or perhaps an appetizer , but NOT the only option on a dinner menu. Then I am advised by the waitress and manager that they would not give any discount on my Circle M card (I'm supposed to have 20% to 25%). However since this was my first use of Circle M the manager extended a “kind” gesture and offered us a 10% discount. The food was mediocre at best. Overall I would not give it huge negative marks, but it certainly would not be my list of choice for dining in Dubai.

• Visited January 2013
Michael N, General Manager at Shanghai Chic, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you r feedback on your experience at Shanghai Chic.

I was extremely disappointed to read about the inconveniences you experienced during your dinner as this is not the service level we aim to provide to our guests.

I would like to ask you to send us an email to social.ibnbattuta@moevenpick.com so our team can contact you directly in regards to your feedback and experience.

I do hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

Michael Nugent

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
“Top Chinese Restaurant in Dubai”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The best ever Chinese food we had with beautiful and elegant presentation when come to our table ! Big fans

2 Thank Kessyn
“cozy chinese restaurant”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Chinese stuff's has always been tasty, id been in this restaurant for the 2nd time, and all choices is a must to try, luv it!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Shetravel76
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Dined here when staying at the hotel, The food was so tasty and the staff were intrested in taking time to explain the menue . My fish was excellent .

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank maggiemaggie56
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Terrible service- great food”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Similar experience to the last time we went to Shanghai Chic. Really good food but appalling service:
The chef had overcooked my wife's fish order so re-cooked it- fair enough. But why serve everything else so it can sit on a table while waiting for the rest of the order? By way of apology the Chef sent us a fruit platter with our coffee. The fruit platter then appeared on the bill!
Ordered a Diet Sprite, but they don't serve Diet Sprite so ordered a Diet Coke instead. Diet sprite AND Diet Coke appeared on the bill!- How can they make a mistake and put it on the bill if they don't serve it?
Plus getting asked if everything is alright with your meal even once is bad etiquette in my opinion. Multiple times is plain annoying

• Visited February 2012