“very good restaurant, good food and excellent service”
Review of Rococo - CLOSED

Rococo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Marina
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“very good restaurant, good food and excellent service”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

we ate here on are second night in dubai. We've visited Dubai on several occasions and love trying the many varied restaurants. This particular restaurant is certainly worth a visit. The complimentary amuse bouche was pleasing enough followed by a pretty good steak with a nice truffle sauce and italian vegetables (I have had better steaks but i've been to some excellent steak houses in my time and i'd say this is certainly a good contender) followed by a quite nice dessert. One of the things that does really add to the quality of the overall dining experience in my view is the quality of the service and we found this to be excellent, Agan in particular could not have done more to ensure we had a lovely time and did a first class job to ensure we enjoyed ourselves. Good food and excellent service will certainly ensure a repeat visit from ourselves.

• Visited December 2012
SofitelDubaiJBR, Manager at Rococo, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining at Rococo - Italian Restaurant and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am excited to know that the steaks served here are amongst the best you have had. Your comments about Agan will not go unnoticed. We will share your review with the team as such feedback helps us in keeping up our motivation level and continue providing excellent service to our guests.

I look forward to having you back,

Daria Izmerli
Manager - Rococo
customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae

Maryland
“Excellent food, beautiful setting”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

If your idea of Italian food consists of large portions of carbs, plenty of tomato sauce, garlic everywhere and a bottle of Chianti covered in straw, stay away from this place.
This is not the Olive Garden.

On the other hand, if you appreciate well executed classic dishes with a modern spin, graceful presentations in a classy environment, you won't be disappointed. I was there with my husband during the italian week and we ate the special menu dedicated to the different regions of Italy. Everything was excellent and the food was at par with famous Italian restaurants in Italy or elsewhere.
This is not a restaurant to come to if you're in a hurry, but the service was not particularly slow. The lady who welcomed us at the door was a little ackward, but she did no harm. Nothing to complain about.

SofitelDubaiJBR, Manager at Rococo, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining at Rococo - Italian restaurant and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your comments and share all the feedback with the team to continue to provide excellent food and service to all our guests.
I am glad to know that you liked the Italian week menu and the high quality service extended.
Please do not hesitate to contact me on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae if you need assistance with your future reservations.

Daria Izmerli
Manager - Rococo
Gaillard, France
“Verry Nice!!!!!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Rococo Restaurant is a marvel, and its leader is a sublime team are working!
Modern decor, modern kitchen worthy of a michelin star.

I highly recommend it because the food is very very good!

Visited November 2012
4 Thank OLIVIER N
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Surprisingly Average !”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I visited ROCOCO Restaurant last night with my family. This high-end eatery is located at Sofitel Hotel on The Walk - Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) in Dubai. Obviously we had some expectations from a so-called 5-star restaurant. Clearly they were understaffed. The menu was also a bit limited. While I have to say that the Chef knew the trade of the business and the food was OK, but because of the lack of adequate staff the service was destructively slow and the waitress seemed to be a trainee. One point which I would like to mention is that the first question we were asked was whether any of us have any allergies. Well I said yes I am allergic to shell fish. OK, the question was just like it was a part of the training because the first course which was actually served "with the compliments of the Chef" was lobster bisque ! Our main course was delayed by more than an hour and we waited and never received the wine menu so we stayed with pre-dinner drinks. All three of us had Wagyu Steak as main course and it was great. After several complaints, the restaurant offered us free chocolate fondue with vanilla ice cream !

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank AmirMohsen32
Dubai
“Overpriced, small portions”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Firstly, can I say that the standard of the food is of a high standard. The problem is there's so little of it. And it's expensive, even by Dubai standards.
The restaurant is in the Sofitel 2nd floor, on JBR / The Walk, and is tastefully decorated & modern.
One of our party ordered the lasagne as that's what she'd fancied all day. It was about 2" wide and looked more like a creme caramel. I ordered the lamb rack which was nice but very small and without sides except a pile of mushrooms. Fortunately there is free bread and we ordered some fries. But still left hungry. We also ordered Gin & tonics which turned out to be AED 50 each ($13). Not sure if these were doubles but we didn't order doubles.
On booking we were asked if it was a special occassion to which we confirmed it was a birthday. That usually means, in similar restaurants, you get a free cake. Not sure if they forgot or what but we didn't get anything.
The food is nice but in very small quantities. If you're on a diet and have too much money it might be worth a visit but given the dozens of superb restaurants closeby this will be my one and only visit.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank DavieU
SofitelDubaiJBR, Manager at Rococo, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for patronising Rococo on your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to know that you found the standard of food offered very high. However, I would lalso ike to apologise for the unsatisfactory experience you had during your evening. I Kindly spare five minutes of your time and contact me on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae as I would like to discuss this further with you and make things right for your future visit.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Daria Izmeri