“Never got to start the tour”
Review of Desert Rangers

$149.00*
Morning Camel Trekking Safari from Dubai
Ranked #135 of 436 Outdoor Activities in Dubai
More attraction details
Owner description: Desert Rangers provides you one stop shop for desert adventures, team building activities, desert safari in dubai,Dune Buggy Safaris, Quad Bikking, Camel Trekking, Sand Boarding,with its own Desert Camp facilities, Dhow Cruises in Dubai Creek, Dubai Marina Cruises with 5 star services with its own fleet of 5 Luxury Dhow Boats.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Once we had chosen a desert safari tour I emailed the company early in the morning asking if they had any spots left for that day. By 11am I still had no reply. So we decided to call them, no answer for over an hour. I eventually received a reply email at 2:10pm explaining that they were booked for the day (the requested tour started at 2:30). They then proceeded to offer me a different tour, without any explanation as to why, on other days. although no specific date were mentioned. Thinking to quit whist we were ahead and at least see some of the desert I emailed back requesting to do that tour for the following day. This was 10 days ago and I have had no reply.

3  Thank Student_runner

Reviewed January 8, 2014

During our honey visit to Dubai, My wife and I arranged through our hotel a dinner safari with desert rangers, they came recommended so we thought we would give it a go. Arranged to be collected from our hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road, at 3.30pm we waited in the lobby till 4pm, we enquired with the concierge who spoke to the manager at the company who advised that the driver is on the way and will be with us in within 10 mins. we waited till 4.30pm along with another group who were waiting for the driver also. The hotel enquired again about the whereabouts of the driver and was told again the driver is on the way. At 4.45 my wife and I decided to cancel our trip as we would be delayed in doing the activities and would rather re-arrange to get the full experience of the visit than be rushed. The following day we found out from the other group that were waiting that the driver then turned up at 5.30, only 2 hours later than the time he was supposed to arrive!!

The hotel concierge had rebooked us with the same tour company for the following day due to lack of availability with our tour operators, but as per Desert Rangers, they guaranteed our trip would start on time and a reduction in price for our troubles. So once again we waited at 3.30 at the lobby and still no driver!! At 3.45 the hotel called the manager at Desert Rangers who said the driver is picking up other guests and we will are the last collection so should be with us in 10 mins then will head straight to the desert. Ok so we waited a bit more till he arrived at 4.10, needless to say we were at the end of our tether but still decided to go on the experience. As we jumped in to the 4x4 i noticed there were no other guests on board, the driver didn't offer any apology for his lateness either, no communication or chit chat as we made our way out of Dubai. Anyway we let that go, as we are driving out, he makes and receives some calls which i understand that he was arranging to collect some guests from Mirdif Shopping Centre. I ask what this is all about, he reassures me it will be a quick collection then we will head out, ok so i keep my cool, after driving round the mall car park for 15 mins looking for this couple we decide to call it a day at 4.50pm and leave the vehicle and catch a taxi back to the hotel. Driver again fails to apologise for this service and delay, we decided to exit the vehicle as when we left we was still trying to find the other guests so who knows when we would get to the desert to ride the quads or see the sunset etc.

All in all the service was absolutely terrible, no apology, service was shocking, and frankly they could not have done better in ruining our holiday any further. Cannot recommend they what so ever.

2  Thank humed c
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Well,it was my 8th time to do it and I'm pretty sure of what i could say that it was the best desert experience. They have the best camp and very organized. its really worth it.

1  Thank Jepoiz31
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We are four people who booked to go on an overnight camping safari with Desert Rangers. We went in December and it was cool.

Hing - If you go in the winter, be sure to bring warm coats, gloves, hats, blankets (depending on your tolerance of the cold).

The pickup was on time and the driver was very nice....but drove too fast on the highway and was on the phone and possibly texting when he was driving. The company needs to address this.

Dune bashing....very well done....approximately 30 minutes.

Camel riding....you get a photo op here.....we were early so no lineups....they had approximately 6 camels.

Sand boarding - I didn't do it but the boards looked rough.

Sheesha - some of my friends did it.....it was good.

Dancers - very good.

Food - for the dinner, there was lots of it and pretty good (typical and what you would expect and, let's face it, you are not going for the food). The breakfast was terrible. Weiners and boiled eggs.

After the safari group left, there were about 30 of us staying overnight. The staff set up tents for us. They were originally going to put all 4 of us in the same tent so be sure to let them know if you are two couples who want different tents. The tents were fine. The sleeping bags/blankets were very thin and used. I should have brought my own blankets. We didn't sleep very well due to the cold, the VERY hard pillow they provided, and the amazing amounts of planes flying overhead. The camp is right under the flight path for the airport and I was amazed (even though I live in Dubai) at how many planes actually land here.....and it went on ALL night!!

Bathrooms - average. Clean at the beginning of the night but no one cleaned them all night or the next morning. The company really should have their staff clean them. Also, they turned off the lights in the camp - and even in the bathrooms - at about midnight. I think they should really leave the bathroom lights on. We were fortunate in that we bought flashlights/head lamps with us - so bring them if you have them.

Garbage - after the staff cleaned up from the safari, there was still lots of garbage around all night. There is old toilets/garbage on the entrance to the bathrooms and there is no need to have it there. I have included pictures to show this. I believe the company really needs to address this.

Alcohol - served until about 12 midnight. Beer, wine. Free soft drinks.

There were other little shops there - dress up in traditional costume, sand in a jar, falcon, etc....all for a price.

Overall, I would rate this as average. If we didn't have the fantastic friends that we had with us, then I would even give it a lower rating.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I booked a desert safari with them for two people because I had an entertainer 2013 voucher, where the second person gets to go for free. However after some research I found out that other organizers offer lower prices for the same deal so I just went with another company since they all offer the same package (dinner, belly dance show, dune bashing etc). When I emailed to cancel my trip the organizer was really annoyed and rude and insisted that the cheaper company is of bad quality etc., but my local friends in Dubai have ensured me that this is not the case and it wasn't.

2  Thank Marianne W