“Simply Amazing”
Review of Desert Rangers

Desert Rangers
Ranked #151 of 463 Outdoor Activities in Dubai
More attraction details
Owner description: Desert Rangers provides you one stop shop for desert adventures, team building activities, desert safari in dubai,Dune Buggy Safaris, Quad Bikking, Camel Trekking, Sand Boarding,with its own Desert Camp facilities, Dhow Cruises in Dubai Creek, Dubai Marina Cruises with 5 star services with its own fleet of 5 Luxury Dhow Boats.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had an amazing time with Desert Rangers. I booked the 1 hour dune buggy, got to ride out into the desert with a guide driving a dune buggy. THIS is how to see it!

The compound is as you would expect, sit and smoke some shisha and enjoy some beverages until dinner time. Had a chance to get some photos of the sun going down over the desert. Dinner was amazing, and the entertainment out of this world! I've seen other belly dancing shows, this was great. Had an awesome driver, Abu Bakkar. The drivers also cook and serve dinner, and so running into him he always had a smile and kind word.

Reading all the negative reviews, many are from people who had issues with drivers. If they are late it's because they run on Mid-East time, and let's face it, Dubai's not exactly traffic free. Not all the drivers speak english, so you what may seem rude should not be taken that way. Would definately book again!

3  Thank Allan C

Reviewed March 6, 2013

There are many companies that offer the Dune Bashing experience and they share a same camp. We booked the tour through our hotel, which used Desert Rangers. No complains about the company itself. Got picked up from the hotel on time. The pick up time is between 3 to 3.45pm, if the driver turns up at 3.30, he is NOT late. If you don't like waiting, just stay in your room and the driver will ring once he gets to the hotel.
Pleasant drive to the desert, although the driver was quiet and did not explain much along the way. The whole experience was great and I enjoyed it so much. The package includes free falcon viewing, short camel rides, henna hand painting, smoking shisha, sunset photos stop, dinner, belly dancing and the traditional Arabic dance. My partner and I had a great time, the dune bashing was fun and the driver will take short stop in the middle of the desert while you walk, jump, slide around and play with the sand and take pics. We paid AED220 per person and will highly recommend Desert Rangers. Well worth the price.
Tip: Dune bashing is fun and the nature of the ride (up down up down) can make one feel a little sick. Try not to eat a big meal before the ride.

2  Thank am_gill101
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Sand boarding, quad biking, camel rides and dune bashing plus free soft drinks included in the extreme adventures package. Well worth the money.

3  Thank TheJimsUK
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Everyone who visits dubai should do this their first time there. Yes parts of it are a bit cheesy and the food is generally mediocre but its a very different experience and I recommend it. The hotel recommended this company -'there are lots of competitors who basically do the same thing - and since we were a group of twelve we were able to hire them privately just for our group. The driver arrived right on time at the hotel and off we went.

I won't go into details because other reviewers have already covered the basics. Yes the desert camp is cheesy, and the dancer with the lights is kind of annoying but the belly dancer was really quite good. The henna tattoo artist is good - if you give her a bit of money - 20 dh or so she was very appreciative and did both of my wife's hands and did a very artistic job. The food was not that special - like something you would get at a so so hotel buffet, but it was the desert that you really came for anyway.

Our driver was friendly and quite skilled and led the pack of Toyota four runners across the dune. Most of the passengers found it a bit scary but having grown up driving jeep roads I found it just great fun.

5  Thank chowdog65
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I booked a Dune Dinner desert Safari with Dune Rangers as they had a promo deal on. I have to say both me and my partner were super impressed and felt the company represented excellent value for money. Our driver was great and we felt very safe in his hands. The camp was so well organised and the activities on offer were great. The food was lovely. Highly recommended.

2  Thank nemmy_d