“Do NOT use this company !”
Review of Desert Rangers

$117.00*
Full-Day City Tour and Dhow Dinner Cruise in Dubai
Ranked #119 of 417 Outdoor Activities in Dubai
More attraction details
Owner description: Desert Rangers provides you one stop shop for desert adventures, team building activities, desert safari in dubai,Dune Buggy Safaris, Quad Bikking, Camel Trekking, Sand Boarding,with its own Desert Camp facilities, Dhow Cruises in Dubai Creek, Dubai Marina Cruises with 5 star services with its own fleet of 5 Luxury Dhow Boats.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Dubai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Do NOT use this company !”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have booked desert safari's for quite a few people (incl myself) over the past 10 years here in Dubai. I used desert rangers for the second time this week today. The driver never turned up as agreed with the Filipino girl on the phone yesterday. When I called to query they hung up on me twice, before finally taking the confrontation with me. Their excuse ; they didn't have my phone no ??? Well you had my booking with name of the person going and the building name where I live (pick up point ) !! So what do you need my phone no for ?? Now the poor girl won't be going as she is flying home tomorrow.

No compensation offered. This is actually what they do for a living ! What a bunch of amateurs....

Visited January 2013
6 Thank bedouindubai

Jaipur
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“city tours and desert safari tours”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The hospitality offered was excellent. The tour were well organized and well planned. I wish to take part again soon.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Sanpal W
Singapore, Singapore
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Lots of fun for our family!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

First, Ugyen was the contact that stayed with us thru lots of email exchanges. He was prompt and helpful; I appreciated working with the same person throughout. After reading reviews, I decided to go with the private Hummer for our family of 5 vs risking more time in car to pick up 6th person from different location. I was glad we had our own vehicle and the Hummer was fun though our driver said the Landcruisers being lighter in weight were a bit more "fun" on the dunes. We had a great driver (Khaled Ahmed) that I would request again. He was quiet unless spoken too, but I think that is preferred over someone trying to initiate conversation not knowing if a family wants it or not. From reviews, I think this factor is on purpose and often misunderstood.... I found it respectful. Our driver was friendly and did not hesitate to hold discussion or answer questions we initiated. He was perfectly on time for our pickup. I had let them know ahead we would wait in our room and come down when they called us a few minutes before their arrival; this worked great! Whether you leave at 3 or 3:30 is of no consequence. Let them call you when they arrive vs complaining about possible waiting. There was no pressure to participate in any of the extra add ons though they were available. The dune bashing was very fun (kids ages 7, 15, 17). My son was a little nervous, but enjoyed! The dessert is stunning to see this way! Loved this and would do it again! The food was surprisingly quite good; nice charcoal grilled chicken was our favorite! Rice and lots of other choices meant everyone found things to eat and enjoy. Henna painting and camel rides were fun! Camel ride was super duper short..... but fine. Advise to get in those lines asap because difft vehicles arrive camp at difft times and closer to dinner start it all gets busy. The bathrooms were fine and had paper available; sinks and soap too. The photographers did a great job! The pictures were good and not too pricey! We chose to leave before the show ended because we had later plans and it was our last night in Dubai; this was not an issue. I would not hesitate to use Desert Rangers again for any reason! We chose to tip our driver; not sure if it is expected or mandatory but we felt he was worthy.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank Lisa_usaexpat
Chandigarh, India
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Good place ruined due to bad dealing”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went on the desert safari on 28th dec with desert rangers. We had booked them through an agent. The experience was bad from the start. The pik up time was supposed to be at 3 pm and we were waiting in the hotel lobby by 2:45 pm. the driver didn't turn up till 3:30 pm and when he came, he was unhappy with us that he had come early and have been looking for us.
The driver, (I think Mr Farhan), was very rude with us, esp the kids. He was least smiling and not responding to any thing asked. Then he stopped the vehicle at a shop mid way and forced us to buy something from the shop. When my wife refused to come out of the vehicle, he was very annoyed (Probably he was looking for some commission from the shop keeper).
The drive in the sand dunes was very exciting. But, the stop the vehicle in ly once for photoshoot and the spot they choose was the worst of such a beautiful place.
There main motive is to take you to the camp so that they can earn more from there by selling you drinks, souvenirs, quad bike drives, etc.
I would suggest to avoid them and do your homework well before selecting them. Subsequently, I found there were better options available.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank bansaldr
Prague, Czech Republic
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Escape to the sand”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

There are many companies offering the same service as Desert Rangers and probably offer a very similar package but these are the guys we chose to go with. Email contact was excellent and we were picked up from where we were staying in the a d without hassle. The trip out of town takes in total around and hour and a half, with the usual 'break' at a small shop, no doubt a friend of the activity providers.

The start of the desert aspect seems to be a bit like herding cattle, with around 20 4x4s converging on one location for a forced photo opportunity. The experience then improves with a good session of dune bashing, showing off the the skill of the drivers and providing lovely dune filled views.

The camp in the evening has a nice atmosphere and feels as genuine as anything else in Dubai. If you are looking for an exciting camel encounter then this is not the place. Having been on a camel trek in India, I don't count a 20 metre round trip as a camel ride. The main draw in the camp for me was the free shisha, coffee and soft drinks. The buffet meal was also very good, taken on low tables around a dance floor with traditional entertainment.

This is a must do when in Dubai, and despite the mass-market nature of the experience it was well executed and the service was excellent.

2 Thank Tommillinchip