“Great views,great location”

Ranked #65 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
london
“Great views,great location”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in a executive club room, and after some confusion about the room all was sorted thanks to George in the executive lounge.
I got here early in the morning and the room was not ready, but I was offered a breakfast and then went down to the spa to relax there while my room was being prepared.
The rooms are a good size and I love the remote control curtains, the in room tv has a good choice of channels including movie channels,the view from the bathroom is just amazing, but may a bit of an issue if you are on the lower floors as you would be able to be seen from the rooms in the next building. Breakfast in the executive lounge was reasonable, lifts where very fast, and the free Internet was excellent with a good signal and fast speed, this hotel will be on my list of favourites in Dubai .

Room Tip: Ask for a room above floor 35
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ishlondon
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Nassima Royal Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

We seem to be jumping onto a lot of favourites lists recently, which is tremendous. We always take great care in preparing all of our rooms and I am glad George looked after you so well in the Royal Club Lounge before check-in.

Our modern five star hotel has lots of clever design elements. I am sure you found your room to be both tranquil and luxurious. High calibre internet access is a must for any hotel and I am pleased this was so useful for you during your stay.

Carson Rezidor Hotel Group were recently crowned Hotel Group of the Year at the Worldwide Hospitality Awards 2012 – just another reason to rely on us again in the future.

Cornelia Erhardt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Arnhem
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed at the Radisson for 4 nights beginning of November and can recommend it to everybody.
The location is great. It is next to the Red Metro line which runs from the airport all the way to Dubai Marina. It is about a 20 minute ride from the airport and it is very cheap. From the Metro station World Trade Center it is about a five minute walk.
Also you can reach a lot of good places on the Red line, like Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa, Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Marina, Ibn Battuta Mall. So a very good way to save some money on the taxi.

Next to the hotels you can also find some fast food restaurants, bars and a grocery store which is very convenient.

The hotel itself is modern and had a good ambience.
We had a room on the 35th floor with a great view of the Emirate Towers, Burj Khalifa, Sheikh Zayed Road, the coast line and you could even see the Burj al Arab. Best thing was that the bathroom had a big window as well so you could enjoy the view from the bathtub. So cool

Room was quite big, nice comfortable beds and a good sitting area with the good view.

Bathroom was very big, bathtub and separate shower. and a separate toilet.

Breakfast was good, nice variety of Arabic breakfast, continental breakfast and made to order eggs.

We had a great stay, also as it was my birthday and the hotel offered a birthday cake. Which was really nice. Thank you for that.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am glad you enjoyed such a lovely birthday with us and were able to share your experience on our tripadvisor page. I am sure other readers will find this very useful.

Our hotel is still very new to Dubai and we feel our five star property offers superb, affordable luxury (in the ideal location). As Dubai is such a spectacular city, all of our guests arrive with very high expectations of our hotel. I am thrilled that the spectacular views made you feel you were somewhere very special.

Egg lovers always appreciate having theirs prepared personally for them by our skilled chefs. I think sometimes, there is nothing better than introducing a perfectly runny yolk or fluffy scrambled eggs to some buttered toast (yum).

It was a pleasure having you here – you are welcome back anytime!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at the Radisson Royal for two nights in November. First impressions were excellent as the hotel was exceptionally clean and the staff was pleasant and very helpful, even at our arrival time of 300am.

Now this is where the little things started to happen. First thing was that the hot water was not working in the shower. We called, and a employee showed up rather quickly and fixed it. The only problem was the water was now too hot, but we were so tired we didn't call to complain. The biggest issue we had is that the room next door must have been on their honeymoon. We heard everything, for a very long time. The sound proofing is severely lacking, and sleeping is a major factor in choosing a hotel and that's why I cannot recommend this one.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank XeniaJ
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Nassima Royal Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and saying such lovely things about my team – we want every guest to enjoy true five star service when they stay here.

I must say I am disappointed that other guests in the hotel had such a detrimental effect on your sleep. Sound proofing has been highlighted by a few of our other reviewers and this is something I will be making progress with in the future.

I am sorry that your hot water was not working as it should have been, when you checked-in to your room. I will fully consult with my team about this issue and will have this fixed immediately.

We do have an amazing facility here, I hope you make a point of staying with us again – so you can reassess our five star merits.

Tonsberg, Norway
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The staff did what they could to treat you as a special person. And they succeed. The hotel was great, and so was the staff. The Breakfast held a high class international standard. The Japanese restaurant I 50 and 51 floor was a pleasure to visit. Our suite was always clean and tidy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Nassima Royal Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Every department of the hotel has performed brilliantly during your stay and we were so close to receiving a perfect score. Nothing is too much trouble for my team and I am delighted you felt like a VIP (we want every guest to feel that way).

Our Icho Restaurant has developed a fantastic reputation within Dubai. Guests are always wowed by the amazing dining experience and the menu offers a five star haven of treats. As you know we have many exciting venues within our hotel.

I hope we can dazzle you again in the near future.

Staines, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed in Dubai for an exhibition and this was really a great location while being easy to reach downtown and Jumeira Beach.
Reception was very nice, top floor bar was excellent and Japanese Teppanyaki restaurant was superb.
Definitely on my favourites list for Dubai!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Nassima Royal Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that you chose to stay in our establishment and that we have been added to your Dubai favourites. I am sure my Icho team will be eager to hear of your review. To receive such praise, from a chef of your calibre, should be just the incentive we need to take the restaurant to even greater heights.

I am glad you had the opportunity to experience some of the many elements of our hotel and that you were so happy to have stayed here. We just need to make sure that your next visit is even better – we really appreciate your feedback.

Good luck with the rest of your important travels, we hope you can visit Dubai again soon!

mumbai
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I went with my family to Dubai on New Year's Eve last year and we had an amazing experience!
We had our rooms on the 40th Floor and it was a breathtaking view! Emirates Towers and Burj Khalifa. Rooms were great and spacious. I loved the spacious bathrooms too. The staff was courteous too. Once there was a problem with the shuttle service they made sure we reached the drop off point comfortably so they called the 7 series BMW to drop us. Food was excellent! I really loved the breakfast buffet we had. The location was good too. There are a variety of great fast food joints near the hotel and the other attractions were near by too! I would surely love to stay there again! Made our new year special :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Another perfect review for our five star hotel, I really enjoyed reading all about your New Year.

Some time has passed since your stay, but it was wonderful to hear how staying with us made your celebrations so “special.” We really believe in our operation and all of your remarks highlight why we are such fabulous value.

Dubai is one of the most exciting global destinations and our hotel is designed to ensure you can enjoy the best views, stay in luxurious bedrooms and enjoy five star dining & services throughout your stay.

I am sure you found us extremely family friendly, I hope you can visit here again soon.

Colintraive, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a big and quite dreary hotel. It is supposed to be Nordic design but no, it is just dreary. Our suite was a good size, bedroom, bathroom, sitting area and a microwave and sink kitchenette thing. The rooms were decorated in a brownish grey. The bathroom door would not shut properly and the artwork on the walls gave me nightmares.
The restaurant downstairs, I forget the name, was not good. For such a big hotel choice was very limited and on the first night, just wanting a snack, we opted for a pizza. This must be the saddest and soggiest pizza that I have ever had. The following morning we had breakfast here, luke-warm food, cold plates, hypothermia inducing air-con; not good.
The hotel is billed as having two pools , one for children and one for adults. Unfortunately both are tiny and sit side by side on a small area of open space with very few loungers and no shade at all.We took a look and went swiftly away as it was so unappealing.
The only good thing is the Teppan restaurant which was as good as Yen in Glasgow, which is high praise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Nassima Royal Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel – you have added a lot of detail here and this is always very constructive for our five star operation.

It is obviously disappointing that your particular room style did not appeal. If your bathroom door required maintenance, I must apologise that this had not happened prior to your visit.

The examples of food quality you have described are several levels below are usual high standards. I assure you that I will follow up this feedback with my kitchen team – these sorts of inconsistencies must be quickly rectified. The breakfast environment also sounds very unusual; did you ask our restaurant team to adjust the air conditioning for you?

We have had several comments recently about the size and arrangement of our pool areas. Despite being so close to Jumeirah Beach, we felt it important to provide a private swimming area within our hotel. Following guest opinion, we will over time be adapting this feature.

I do hope that you enjoyed more than just our outstanding Icho Restaurant. Our five star hotel is pretty unique to Dubai, great value and tastefully arranged - with an excellent range of services.

Thank you again for providing such valuable feedback. I do hope you will return to our fantastic location soon - to rediscover all of our five star merits.