“Back again but no pool ?”

Nassima Royal Hotel
Ranked #64 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Back again but no pool ?”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Had a recent visit back at the Radisson Royal. Service has improved generally since the last time but Front desk seems to have gone down hill. I had a few requests over a period of days and nobody seemed to know how to solve things including the duty managers. It was not just me as their seemed to a lot of irate customers arguing each time i went there. Seems to be a lack of training to do basic things like issue a room key , take a payment etc .
Rooms are still good and comfortable. Location is still great especially for DIFC. However still a Business hotel and can be noisey ( it has a night club now that goes on until 3am) so not a place for a family and its pool has been broken for 5 or 6 weeks now so beware. Hardly an advert for a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: try and get as high as possible and to the back of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank roadrunnerirl
, General Manager at Nassima Royal Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay and thank you for your comments about our location and quality of our rooms.

I am disappointed to read that you had some negative comments regarding our front desk staff and will certainly look into this to find out what happened on this occasion. We hold ourselves to very high standards and I apologize that these were not reflected in this visit.

I'm sorry that the pool was closed during your visit, as we are currently maintaining the pool to serve our valued guests with higher standards. However, we are offering a shuttle service to our sister hotel for our guests who wish to use the pool.

I would like the opportunity to exceed your expectations and to discuss your concerns in more detail. Please do not hesitate to contact me by email: freddy.farid@radissonblu.com and I will be happy to look into this further for you.

Freddy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed here for two nights on a layover. Imagine this to be a good hotel for the business traveller or a layover within Dubai. Rooms were of a good standard with all the high quality amenities you would expect for a high end 4 star hotel (UK standards). One complaint I have is over breakfast, as although there were lots of tables available they were not quickly cleared for a next seating.

If you are a business traveller looking for a good quality hotel in the center then I would recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Nassima Royal Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

I’m very happy to hear that you were quite satisfied by the standard of our rooms and the amenities on offer. Thank you for your feedback about breakfast. I will certainly pass this on to our team to ensure that tables are cleared more quickly, as they should be.

I hope other travellers find your comments useful when looking for a hotel in Dubai, and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Cheadle, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was a long-term guest here and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff are great and can't do enough to help. Large suite, great view, excellent facilities including the gym, spa and pool. Tried all of the restaurants and room service and I cannot fault the food or service.

My only two grumbles are:

1. Lots of the bathrooms combine a fixed head shower with a roll top bath. It's a ridiculous design that floods the entire room. The poor cleaners must spend their entire lives mopping!

2. The pool is currently closed, and there is no information about how long it is likely to remain so. The estimates vary from 'a few days' to 'months'. It has been closed for 5 weeks so far IIRC. A pool is really essential in the heat, and although they will bus guests down to the sister hotel, it's not as nice (only a 4 star, no water or cold towels provided) and there are only 4 buses a day.

I would stay here again despite these grumbles (!) because it's a beautiful hotel in an excellent location.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a separate bath and shower.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bollinger4ever

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and would like to thank you for your positive comments about the hotel, our restaurants and our facilities.

Thank you for your feedback about the bathrooms, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused due to the pool maintenance.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

uk
Reviewed June 9, 2012

As from June 7th - The website for the hotel clearly stating the pool is shut from 6th May for 1 month. Had booked in for two nights and I booked directly through the Radisson website. Arrived to find that they had no reservation for me (despite having a confirmation number) then also a letter telling guests that the pool is closed from 6th June.

When I tried to change my reservation to 1 night as I require a pool (you can be shuttled to the sister hotel but I don't have time as I am here on business), the staff seemed extremely shocked. Checked website again upon checking in and it still states the pool is closed for 1 month as from the 6th May. Duty manager called and offered to give me a free breakfast for the inconvenience. I'm on expenses so its not really something I value. Would prefer to pay and get the points.

Very annoying. My first stay back at a radisson hotel for a while and probably my last. New room but I prefer to have the facilities available !!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank rahh
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Nassima Royal Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the information on the website. We had requested for the information to be amended, but unfortunately the reflection of the changes took a bit more than expected. Our pool is currently under maintenance, on the other hand we are providing free transportation to our sister hotel for any guests who wish to use the pool during their stay.

I do apologize that the experience was disappointing, and hope that we will have the opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit to Dubai.

london
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This was my first trip to Dubai. My husband has been several times, and always stays at nearby Crowne Plaza hotel. As I normally book our holidays, I picked this newly built hotel as it was offering a special introductory price for staying. We mentioned that we were newly married and were upgraded to suite, where the bathtub overlooked the city. Our room was huge and luxurious The rooftop pool was fantastic. The bar and restaurants in the hotel were great. We came during Ramadan, so the city was running at a slower pace. When we return to Dubai again, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Nassima Royal Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your upgrade to a suite. Thank you for your feedback about the room and the facilities of our hotel; the lovely pool and the food and beverage venues. I am really glad that you enjoyed your entire stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Dubai.

Holland
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was in Dubai for the third time, on business in february 2012 for the Gulf-food trade fair . Previously I had been staying at the Crowne Plaza and at the Ibis in the world trade centre itself (avoid at all cost!).

The hotel is conveniently positioned to be easily reaching the fair, you only have to walk about 100 meters to the metro station, you enter the station, cross the road with the tunnel bridge (airconditioned!) and then walk another 100 meters to the trade fair entrance.

Yes, it could get warm, therefore there is the possibility of a little discomfort if you are, as I was, with you suit , but , at least you can keep the tie in your pocket until you reach the fair and put it on afterwards.

Anyway, the hotel.

The hotel is excellent, the rooms are great, the location is good, there is a pool and a fitness club , they have a disco (never visited but saw people coming to get there ) and a restaurant ( I didn’t go to this one too). The hotel personnel are great we only had a small accident with a concierge who , supposedly, booked us at a restaurant for the evening with the view on the Burj Al Khalifa and the pond with the light show and when we arrived there they knew nothing of our reservation. Another minor itch was that on arrival it was too late to get to have dinner anywhere, we were hungry, room service took 1,5 hour to bring us our order, they had probably forgotten us and probably only reacted when I made my second phone call.

Breakfast is very nice although the turkey bacon and poultry sausages are not nice.

Nice touch two diet jams (I am diabetic).

From this spot you can easily get everywhere. Dubai’s night life is fun although I only ever go to dine out.

Room Tip: get a room as high up as possible
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Nassima Royal Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that our location was convenient for your visit and that you were happy with your room. I am also glad that you found our staff helpful. I apologise for the experience you had with your dinner booking and the room service, and would like to assure you that this is not what we would expect. I will investigate this for you to ensure this does not happen again in future. Thank you for your feedback about the breakfast. I will look into this as well.

I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time in Dubai and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights recently on business and wanted somewhere that was centrally located, which is what you get on Sheikh Zayed Road.
Checkpoint was smooth and a good upsell to a club room pretty much for the price of breakfast. The room itself (3920-something) was excellent with an entrance hall and large bedroom then a bathroom with seperate toilet and shower/bath. The shower room was my great with a full-size window looking out over the city towards Burj Kalifa. Fantastic view at night. The shower was one of these multi-nozzle things that worked well and soaked the whole room.
Bed was extremely comfortable and I really couldn't fault anything about the room.
Breakfast on the club floor was perfectly adequate with a small buffet and eggs to order. Again, great views over the city.
I used the gym a few times and it was fairly small but with some very good equipment - and wasn't very busy at all. The only problem being a trip down to the ground floor then cross over to separate lifts and back up to the 7th floor.
A taxi to Dubai Mall cost about 10dhs, 20dhs to go to the Burj Khalifa so location suited me - plus it isn't that far from the airport.
Really liked this hotel, will definitely be back (as long as the price remains competitive).

Room Tip: Take the upsell if offered. The difference is almost as much as the price of breakfast.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that our central location was convenient for you and the check-in process ran smoothly. I'm glad you have enjoyed your stay with us, with the best views of the city!

Especially great to hear your positive comments about your bed, the size and quality of the room, and breakfast. Also, I would like to thank you for your feedback about the gym.

I hope to welcome you back during your next trip to Dubai.