“good”

Ranked #61 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stayed here for a international congress, so more business than pleasure.
The hotel was great with an impeccable service. Nothing to comment on !
However I would not stay here for pleasure, it is for me too much a business like hotel. Maybe I'm too spoiled.
But defintely worth while and very nice location, close to all the restaurants and shopping district.

we having dinner in celsius restaurant ,the great service we get from junior he was so amazing, excellence service the food he was nice as well,that why i want to thank junior with all my friend we having dinner,all the best for radisson royal dubai will come back again ,

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank elizabeth w

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

ICHO is a soothing sanctuary of earth tones and elegant seating, situated high up on the 49th floor of the hotel along Sheikh Zayed road with stunning views at night overlooking the emirates towers and surrounding buildings. It’s perfect for a romantic evening or a social get together with friends who like Japanese food.
I was totally impressed with the restaurant as soon as we walked in. Beautifully furnished and well laid out. You sense the Japanese hospitality and the perfection of the management.
We were nicely greeted (as you would expect from a 5* Hotel & restaurant).
The menu had a long list of authentic Japanese cuisine. We chose our favorites, Japanese salad, tempura, sushi, sashimi, and teppenyaki fish. They were all delicious and nicely presented.
The wine list was extensive and our waitress knew her wines. The service was just excellent.
I would happily recommend ICHO to anyone who wants a real modern Japanese experience with views that are just perfect to enjoy over dinner with good company.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Rajiv S
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

This hotel used to be JAL hotel and changed management recently to Radisson group. This was my first and probably my last stay at any Radisson property. This was meant to be a casual weekend get away because my friend and I were bored and decided to check into this hotel (my friend's fault for the choice of hotel) and enjoy a little spa.
There was no warm welcome at this hotel. When we finally checked in at the front desk, we were greeted by the most grumpy and rude staff. There was no smile on her face. Why bother working in the service industry and front desk when one cannot even put on a smile? She even threw the credit card back at us! How professional is that? I am not going to name her here as the matter was reported to the duty manager. We were not even shown where the elevators were (there are 2 sets of elevators serving different floors) considering how new the hotel is. The room is rather small for a standard deluxe room. The bathroom is pretty big almost similar in size to the bedroom. I am certainly not impressed with the hydrojet shower. Only one pair of slippers was issued which is strange! There was also no turn down service at this hotel. I am under the impression that all 5-stars hotels would have turn down service at night as a standard. At least for those 5-stars hotels that I stayed at before.
Breakfast at Celsius was another disappointment. We approached the main counter which was rather oddly located at the corner of the restaurant, and were not even shown to our table initially. The cashier just took down our room number and told us that we could sit anywhere we wanted. When we asked if someone will show us to our table, a gentleman came, shown us to our table and gave us a brief introduction to the breakfast lineup. After placing our eggs order, a staff came over to our table not sure what was ordered. He was holding on to 3 plates of eggs and was asked what our orders were. When my poached eggs finally appeared, I almost burst out laughing because they simply looked pathetic! This hotel doesn't make me feel welcome and for this branding to make so many mistakes with its services, I would avoid another Radisson at all cost.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank PremiumTravel
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

I enjoyed the experience the staff were super friendly and helpful. The restaurants are not bad and the bar on the 51st floor is great. The gym is very good and well equipped. For business at the DIFC the location is very good.

I stayed here when it was the JAL Tower Hotel and it was dreadful.

Radisson have taken over the hotel and it is like being in a different world. The hotel is the same, most of the staff are the same but it just seemed so much better.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Chelsea159
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

We are just back after staying a few days in this wonderful Hotel.
It is close to the centre of town and only around 15 mins away by Taxi from the airport, a 5 Minute walk away from the Metro.
The rooms are very modern and the bath-shower with a view to Sheik Zayed road is truly amazing, all this combined with free Wifi
Great breakfast and a really friendly service from the staff as you enter the lobby.
Fantastic view from the swimming pool.
We also availed of the great fantastic late checkout at 18:00.
What more can you ask for..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas_Hengstwerth
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

My company booked this hotel for me as we have meetings to attend to along S. Zayed road, and I was totally amazed by this hotel. The staff were friendly, from the Receptionists to the Duty Manager. I was greeted twice by 2 Duty Managers and they were checking if my stay was ok. The Receptionists and Guest Relations were accommodating and friendly as well considering that it was late in the night that I checked in.
The room was superb! They have this universal remote for the whole room that controls the lights and the curtains from the room to the bathroom. I had a very good view of S. Zayed road. The view was to die for.
Food in the restaurant was good but could have more variations.
If you visit Dubai or need to stay along S. Zayed road, stay in this hotel :-)

Room Tip: Corner Rooms are good because you see the road.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nicolefranco1212
delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed at the hotel for 5 nights with my family. Had booked 4 rooms as per my requirements. The rooms were very nice, with one of the best technologies ive seen in a hotel room(as expected, since its was a japenese hotel before). the room had automatic curtains, remote controlled lights and curtains. similarly automatic roller blinds in the batroom, next to the bath tub, which once opens, give a nice view of the city, that too while bathing!!! the staff was excellent, never missed wishing u whenever u pass by. Also the concierge helped us a lot for any directions required. taxi was availaible within seconds, being on the main sheikh zayed road. The breakfast was good if not excellent, as it was almost same spread daily and also the variety was little less compared to other 5 stars property ive visited. the best part was wifi internet was free in the hotel. the only hitch was, that the housekeeping staff who was was cleaning my room was not good. Once i had gone for breakfast and activated the dnd sign before leaving, as my cash, personal belongings and stuff was spread all across the room. when i returned back in about an hour, i found my room cleaned, and the dnd sign switched off. Though all my belongings were intact, but what if i was sleeping in my room. How can somebody enter my room when i have clearly switched on the "DND". had complained the guest service department, without too much being done about it. also the rooms vere never cleaned properly and the replenishments were never put back. had to call the housekeeping dept every morning to get my shower gel and soaps. that too to my surprise, the calls went unanswered many times. but all in all, i would not let this one instance ruin the complete positives of the hotel. all in all a must stay hotel. With excellent location and nice rooms.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family