“Super nice Lebanese food”
Review of Al Hallab

Al Hallab
Ranked #315 of 9,703 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Dubai
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Despite the mall setting the food is extremely good and actually good value. We ate there the night before a public holiday. Despite this the service was no problem at all. Overall a very nice choice for lunch or dimmer. The plate of vegetables were fantastic. Well done

There are newer reviews for Al Hallab

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have been many times before at Al Hallab at MOE, and although the food was always amazing, I cant tell the same thing about the staff. The first story happened 4 months ago when after I placed an order I had to wait nearly an hour for a chicken shawarma plate and after I made a complaint and I tried to talk to the manager the waiter blamed me saying, I never ordered the plate what I was waiting. The worst part was that the manager was not even interested about my complaint, he was protecting the waiter. To understand why this situation was weird... They have roughly 8-10 waitresses on board and when I was there around 9pm at night they had maximum 14 guest, so it was a quite period... Anyway.... after 2 moths gap I went back with friends, and we had no problem at all with the order. But... Today I went back with my partner and I ordered a Mixed shawarma plater for her as a 2nd course. The first course arrived without any problem, than when the waiter brought the 2nd course it turned out that they made a mistake and they got a chicken shawarma plate for her. I told the waiter that I ordered mixed plate. Than the guy who took the order cam back with and angry face telling me that he remembers that I ordered chicken plate. Than I told him that I even repeated twice my order. Anyway... we got the mixed plate, but than when it came to pay the bill the same waiter guy informed me that they added an additional charge because of the problem with the order what I found highly unprofesssional. So I had to pay an additional fee cos they made a mistake on my order... If they have 8-10 waiters working at least they should pay attention and dont blame the customers for their own mistake! ! !

Reviewed September 30, 2012

it is an open-fronted restaurant in The Mall of the Emirates.
I suggest it because you can have a delicious and tasty meal at a fair price. We had vine leaves and hummus with warm bread as appetizer, grilled chicken wings and chicken shawerma as main course.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Listen, here is the truth: The food is really good like all Lebanese food although the staff is all Syrian. What bothers me is the staff. They don't make you feel comfortable AT ALL! You see their eyes looking for what table will give most tips. We understand arabic, and we heard them talk about tips and money in front of us, very RUDE, shape up! Now lets analyse:

Atmosphere: No special atmosphere at all, feels like sitting in the food court.

Presentation: Served traditionally, very nice.

Taste: Lovely.

Service: Horrific! The worst staff in any resturant ever. Fire them all.

Prices: You get alot of food for the price. A bowl of traditional hummus is about 12-13 Dhs.

Overall: Its great food, and prices are also good. The lack of atmosphere together with the terrible staff lowers the grade significantly unfortunately. But neverminding the staff this restaurant is definetly good.

1  Thank Danii88
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Simply, and in a single point: Superb BBQ and shawerma.