“Service is downgrading..”

Ranked #162 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
“Service is downgrading..”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have been to this hotel twice, in May 2012 and in September 2012.
In my first time, everything was good except for the major problem of the internet connection at the rooms, which was the worst experience, Internet kept going on and off for my whole 14 days and technicians were not able to fix that.
Pros:
- Huge Amount of complimentary goodies in the room, this was a very nice touch, plus complimentary water everyday.

My second time was a real bad one.

Cons:
- Room Service is really bad. They don't wash dishes, they don't re-fill the shampoo/bath gel, they don't put dental kit, even if you asked for it. All these services were very good at my last time's visit.
- Complimentary goodies are reduced dramatically.
- No complimentary water, only one bottle for my whole 14 days stay.
- My wardrobe was not fully working, I could not open it completely, there were issues in the wood, it opens half space, called the reception and the technician was not able to fix that, and told me something like "you have to live with that"
- I asked for one king bed size, but I got "2" beds attached to each other and have one bed sheet... when i sleep in the middle of the bed, i wake up with back aches.
- Not having WiFi in the room, a must to use the cable only, this was not user-friendly

Pros:
- Internet Connection Problems have been fixed, I have been informed at the reception that they made some renovations
- Breakfast buffet is very nice with wide selections
- Having the metro station right infront of the hotel
- Nice hotel staff
- You will find at the reception "discount coupons" for several touristic places in Dubai, this was very beneficial. Example: 15% discount for Skii Dubai

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Eman M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2012

AVOID THIS PLACE IF YOU CAN!!!
I can't believe the crap service theis people offer here!! We had cocoraches in our room and refused to changed us, they just sent a guy (more than an hr after) to spray a few places but raches kept showing. They were supposed to have given us a room with cooker and they didn't, they just were oblivious about it. Finally, after shouting to the manager and have our company's HR to complain on our behalf, they agreed to move us. Even then they sent us to pick up our stuff but they didn't send any one to us!!! reception was just hanging up on us, we had to go to in person to the manager to demand somebody to come. And today, they just refused to do our room!! now they came up with they just doinng it every 3rd day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which obviously isn't true (and should be anywyas) because in the other room they were doing every single day.... i wonder what's coming next... so, AVOID THIS PLACE IF YOU CAN!!!

Room Tip: be sure you are getting what you paid for!!! (specifications)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank shiu_83
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This has been my highlight of all the stays in Dubai. Its a great hotel. All the apartments are designed with enough space in mind and all the amenities provided are just above par. The interiors of the rooms and sleep quality is great. Even though it is on the busiest road of Dubai but still there is no noise coming in rooms. Location is perfect and local travel is never an issue. Staff is very friendly and co-operative. The breakfast is full and one of the most enriched with food I witnessed. I would recommend this hotel to all the business travelers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank godofrock
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I and 3 frnds stayed in the hotel in january. We came to dubia for the shopping festival. we initially booked our rooms @ the Grand midwest in the media city,but due to delay in lanidng in dubai our booking got cancelled. we called while in the plane to let the hotel know we were in dubai but will be running late to check -in due to airspace traffic . On getting to the Grand midwest hotel our reservation was cancelled, they make us wait for 3 hours going back and forth on our reservation. Luckly for us we noticed a hotel right across the street from the grand midwest hotel called Gloria hotel.

Once we walked in to Gloria Hotel it felt like i was in a mini heaven. I really liked it and we were well attnede to . we got a mini appt in the hotel , it was FABULOUS. very clean and all the staff were polite. I can go aon and on ......................... about the hotel.

I mosdef recommend GLORIA HOTEL to everyone.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Hi peeps,
Just got back from Dubai. First time staying at Gloria hotel. Chose this hotel due to the fact tt they are right beside the Dubai Metro train station! Let's talk about what i observed:-

1.Gloria hotel provides full functioning kitchenette w stove (full werkz) if you are doing the long stay and get rooms between floors 9-24. Do not be fooled by their photos. Not all units hv stove. I stayed 2-9oct n i opted for 2-bedroom apartment w seaview. I didnt opt for breakfast cos i thought i cud cook up a storm in my apartment but what we got was a microwave with missing stove area:((.
2. First round of minibar w chips, chocs, nuts,soft drinks(no alcohol) is free. Refill onwards is chargeable:)).
3. Our room 3304 was clean with a few wear n tear stains n cracked floor tiles here n there.
4. Great view tho of the burj, sea-view n city area.
5. Attentive staff cleaners, if u walk pass them they will check on when u prefer them to clean rooms!
6. I m guessing tt our room might hv been vacant for awhile cos we had a slow drainage sink in e master toilet n tt toilet had small fruit-flies. They sort of cleared out after our 3rd nite onwards...maybe cos we smoked in e toilet n showered....but the sink was still slow till i checked out, hd to remind a Ms Emerald to get maintenance to hv a look at the sink (for future occupants)
7. I hd made the booking reservations tru booking.com, and had emailed Gloria to ask for early check in abt 6am n late check out by 5pm. They responded quickly to let me know tt early check in is possible upon room availability n confirmed me for a late check out of 5pm. When i arrived at hotel at 6ish-7am, i found out tt i had to pay 50% of the daily charge... It's hot, and i had 3luggages, 1 toddler n hubby so i was ready to crash. If i had known earlier tt i was going to hv to pay additional 50%, i could hv arranged a breakfast at airport n load up on coffee to keep awake to save some $$.
8. The hotel will need to block off a certain lump sum on ur card n u settle bills when checking out.
9. Don't forget tt on top of wat is featured on sites stating price of stay, u will hv to include the mandatory extra10%tax n 10% service charges direct to hotel. They will require extra charge as a deposit tt u dont break or pilfer stuff n will release the extras in 2-3weeks time after u check out.
10.if u do long stays, valet parking is chargeable. If you do short stays, valet parking is complimentary.you can park ur vehicle urself n use ur room key card to enter p1-p5 if memory serves me.
11. Pools is warm, n has the infinity look. The design of the pools amongst the towers of Gloria kinda shields the sun away frm pool. Gd time to swim is btwn 1000-1300hrs. Kiddo pool heated n shallow. The life-guards brought out boards n toys to keep the kids occupied.

Cant help you guys abt the buffets tho. We had breakfast outside or had breads n cheese n nutella/jam spreads in e apartment.
Hope you find my observations useful! If i come back to Dubai, would i stay here again?.....mmmmm maybe.... But i m the kind to try other hotels too with different themes ....so who knows!??
Maira

• Stayed October 2012
Pretoria
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I've stayed at the Gloria hotel intermittently over the past three years where I've had some great service.

However, on this recent three week stay, I was put into a room which is decorated in the Mediterranean style. Unfortunately, is is impossible of someone of normal human proportions to sit comfortably on the coach. I asked to be changed to a room with a more suitable coach as I would like to enjoy the facilities at my disposal.

I was then put into room 2319 and this is where the nightmare started. The bedroom is just below the air conditioning plant, which is situated on the 24th floor. There is a large piece of machinery that causes a low frequency drone which is tantamount to Chinese torture.

So whatever you don: DO NOT COMPLAIN AND DO NOT MOVE TO ROOM 2319, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SLEEP!!!!

I returned to the Guest Services desk in the lobby, but they cannot provide me with an alternative room because of the high occupancy rate.

Room Tip: Never, ever accept a room close to the air conditioning plant, which is situated on the 24th floor o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank NewSpice
Qatar
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I finally hit jackpot with decent affordable hotels in dubai. this one had it all. excellent service. breathetaking balcony view. good food. the whole works. the staff were so busy when we arrived since it was the holidays and they still managed to be extremely helpful and cater to our every request. this hotel is my number one recommendation to anyone, specially sicne the metro station is a few meters away from the main hotel door.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family