I have been to this hotel twice, in May 2012 and in September 2012.
In my first time, everything was good except for the major problem of the internet connection at the rooms, which was the worst experience, Internet kept going on and off for my whole 14 days and technicians were not able to fix that.
- Huge Amount of complimentary goodies in the room, this was a very nice touch, plus complimentary water everyday.
My second time was a real bad one.
- Room Service is really bad. They don't wash dishes, they don't re-fill the shampoo/bath gel, they don't put dental kit, even if you asked for it. All these services were very good at my last time's visit.
- Complimentary goodies are reduced dramatically.
- No complimentary water, only one bottle for my whole 14 days stay.
- My wardrobe was not fully working, I could not open it completely, there were issues in the wood, it opens half space, called the reception and the technician was not able to fix that, and told me something like "you have to live with that"
- I asked for one king bed size, but I got "2" beds attached to each other and have one bed sheet... when i sleep in the middle of the bed, i wake up with back aches.
- Not having WiFi in the room, a must to use the cable only, this was not user-friendly
- Internet Connection Problems have been fixed, I have been informed at the reception that they made some renovations
- Breakfast buffet is very nice with wide selections
- Having the metro station right infront of the hotel
- Nice hotel staff
- You will find at the reception "discount coupons" for several touristic places in Dubai, this was very beneficial. Example: 15% discount for Skii Dubai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gloria Hotel is located at the doorstep of Dubai Internet City metro station and only a few minutes away from Dubai Marina, Palm Jumeirah, Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa. This all-suite hotel features Executive suites for extra comfort, 4 restaurants, Sky Lounge Café on the 40th floor, fully equipped gym, SPA studio and more than 20 meeting and banqueting venues. Convenient shuttle buses to the beach and major shopping malls operate on daily basis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Gloria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.