“Boring”

Ranked #47 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Boring”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I love Jumeirah properties. I particularly like Dar Masyaf. I have stayed in different Jumeirah properties more than 10 times so I was extremly excited to go to this new hotel and add to my list of top hotels in the world. Unfortunately, maybe because I had such a high expectations, I must say, Zabeel Saray was very boring compare to other properties. I don't know why.... Maybe it was the layout of the hotel. It lacked the WOW feel. The beach was not impressive and so was the restaurants in the hotel. Room was just ok, unfortunately, I don't have anything good to say about this hotel.

Don't get me wrong, it was a nice hotel but its not on my list of top hotels in the world.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts and would like to thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

I am sorry to read that there were aspects of your experience from the beach, the restaurants and the room that did not meet your expectations and I would like to express my personal apologies that you left the hotel feeling dissatisfied. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and shared with the relevant colleagues involved, for immediate action and remedial improvement.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stephan Schupbach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,278)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have been to Dubai many times over the past 10 years mainly with family, 2 friends and I decided we wanted an early summer break and decided Dubai was a suitable destination.

I have stayed in many Dubai Hotels and this one is superb value for money along with excellent service and cleanliness seen throughout Dubai.

Nothing was to much to ask in this hotel, anything you needed or requested was catered for. Staff were extremely helpful and the concierge service was fantastic.

Rooms within the hotel are a generous size and were furnished exceptionally with everything you needed and more.

The spa - Free unlimited access absolutely fantastic for chilling out in the evening, very clean everything you would expect to find in a 5* spa, very spacious never very busy and staff were also very helpful.

All in All a Fantastic stay at the Zabeel Saray.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent visit to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for recommending our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to learn that your stay has been a wonderful experience.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of customer service that Jumeirah is renowned for. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of our opulent hotel and high level of customer service provided by our team of dedicated colleagues.

Once again thank you for your positive review and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We visited Zabeel Saray in May 2014 and stayed there for a week. The hotel is one of the Jumeirah Groups latest hotels opened in Dubai and is located on The Palm. It has been in operation for approximately three years and when we arrived there the welcome and overall first impressions is one of superb luxury at a price anybody coming to Dubai for a holiday can afford.
We went half board and for a small daily charge you can upgrade to the club lounge which on top of your half board provides a lunch menu, afternoon tea and ''happy hour' for two hours of all included in the price.
The hotel has five restaurants ranging from a superb buffet, French Style, Lebanese, Italian, Indian and Vietnamese.You can visit ALL of these restaurants on your half board package.
We also took advantage of the free pick up and drop off at Dubai International airport plus the hotel runs a free bus service to the 'Mall of the Emirates'..
The beach is also good, although there are small stones on the beach just as you enter the water but the swimming pool excellent for adults and children.
All staff that we came in contact treated us with the utmost respect and made you feel you were important and if we requested anything they went out of their way to satisfy us and for us 'Brits' everybody on the hotel staff who we came in contact with, spoke good English.
The bedrooms are, in our opinion, better than most of the hotels that we have been too in the UK . All have showers, a 'huge' bath and the toiletries are excellent and are replenished every day.
Overall superb and will most certainly go there again.

Room Tip: It appears that ALL rooms whether facing the Palm or the road side overlooking Dubai skyscrapers som...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BeckfordJA
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging our high levels of customer service, culinary fare and our opulent facilities.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and for recommending our Resort on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I stay here every month as a little getaway and I have to say it is always a wonderful experience.

- beautiful Arabic themed rooms. With a lovely huge marble bath.

- amazing room service breakfast.

- staff are very friendly and willing to help.

Only negative is that the rooms could do with some refurbishing as the finish is not up to scratch however beautiful designed rooms.

- free wifi

French buffet resteraunt serves good quality, tasty food.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, culinary fare and high level of customer service provided by our team of incredible colleagues.

I am also grateful for your feedback on the refurbishing of our room and rest assured we have shared the same with the relevant colleagues involved, for immediate action and remedial improvement.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My wife & I stayed for 10 days, with in-laws and our 8 month old daughter, on a half-board basis (with vouchers).

For me it was a business trip, and holiday for the rest of the family. I have stayed in several Dubai 5* hotels during my business trips over the years but this is by far the best in every single department.

Room: King Size deluxe
Huge, comfortable, spotlessly clean, enormous bed(s), bathroom is lovely. The bath is ENORMOUS and is a lottery-winning bath of marble and luxury where you can literally lie out in it without touching the sides or ends. The room regularly was decorated with rose petals and towels shaped into animals. So many lovely little touches. Great tea (and coffee) making facility. Nice balcony and view, good, effective air-con. Even the cleaning staff were considerate, thoughtful and were helpful beyond the call of duty.

Restaurants
We primarily used the Imperium restaurant – my wife will put up a separate (5 star) review for this. The food is spectacularly good. The buffet is enormous, and not filled with poor/cheap quality volume. Every element from bread to meats, side-dishes to sauces, were top-end, high quality, beautifully presented. Sushi is extensive and fresh. The soups simple yet gorgeous. Main courses – from Beef Wellington to duck, veal, Cajun chicken – if you can’t find something that will have you ‘mmm’ing at the table in pleasure you’re not a human being. Puddings – just… wow. An extravagance of fabulously irresistible treats that will have you doing 3 trips to go back in case you missed anything. Don’t expect to return home losing weight.

The people in this hotel have clearly been chosen and trained exceptionally well. We were treated like royalty everywhere. Our 8-month old girl was waited on like a princess, we were treated with kindness, respect and felt we had made a huge team of friends by the time we had left. My wife will make specific name mentions but my thanks to you all. Every corner of the hotel had someone on hand to smile and wish you a good day, to help you even before you realised you needed it. Nothing was too much trouble. The hotel has probably the best service I have received anywhere in the world.

The Beach
Luxurious, staff treat you well, you’re checked periodically to see if you’re ok / happy. Free water, sunbeds are comfortable with parasol and free towels, and free ice lollies at the weekend. The beach is a highlight, the pool is gorgeous, large and very well designed for families/toddlers alike. There are lifeguards at every corner, and lifeguards watching the sea-swimming area. We felt safe, looked after and treated fabulously.

Criticisms
Other than very high priced alcohol and drinks, absolutely none at all.

Overall, I’ve stayed in a huge amount of hotels globally and this ranks with the best of them all. It’s a little far out from the main stretch of Sheikh Zayeed Rd, being out on the Palm but actually that seemed not to matter. There’s free shuttle buses to the malls, but we loved the hotel so much we barely bothered to leave. I was nervous bringing my family and 8 month old baby to Dubai, but this hotel put paid to any fears - it isn't just family-friendly, we were all treated like royalty throughout.

To any aspiring hotel managers out there, spend a few days at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. They have written the text book on how to run a hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor rooms above the bar near Imperium - I gather it was a bit noisy on a Thursday nigh...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Business T
Dear Guest

It is with great pleasure to read your very kind review. I am so pleased to learn of how you value our Hotel and I would like to express my sincere appreciation of your positive feedback.

Indeed, we do pride ourselves on our fabulous team of colleagues who are equally grateful for your warm acknowledgement of our efforts to exceed your expectations.

I sincerely appreciate you recommending Jumeirah Zabeel Saray as the benchmark for aspiring hotel managers and I do look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to our paradise on Palm Jumeirah.

Bournemouth
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Just got back after spending eight wonderful nights at this hotel,I was not looking forward to going my daughter booked it, but am I glad she did, the hotel was pure 1st class luxury, the staff were the politesse I have ever come across, nothing was to much trouble, the food was amazing, I spoke to a Dutch member of staff he told me it is the Jumeirah way or no way, it is without a doubt one of the best holidays we have ever been on, and what made it so so special was the beautiful staff, you very really get this service anywhere, I will be booking this hotel again.

Room Tip: All the rooms in this hotel are fabulous
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality and exquisite facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our little gem on Palm Jumeirah in the near future.

Cornwall, England
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel is absolutely amazing! The rooms are gorgeous, so spacious and the decor is beautiful. Our bathroom had a big walk in shower and a huge bath, the bed was massive! The hotel arranged for a car to come a collect us from the airport, the wifi and cold water was very welcome after a long flight!

There are plenty of restaurants and bars within the hotel, we had an amazing afternoon tea :)

The hotel and beach areas are lovely, there's not many places that arrange your sun beds and bring you ice water.

I didn't use the spa but had a tour and it all looked lovely, I used the gym each morning which was well equipped.

We went out most nights, the taxis are pretty cheap and there's lots of places to discover off of the palm.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and recommending Jumeirah Zabeel Saray on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.