“An amazing travel experience”

Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Ranked #62 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Our UAE visit began in a unique and beautiful Desert location , a prelude to the incomparable Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, a retreat which was to be the most incredibly wonderful vacation experience of a lifetime.
In the comfort and luxury of the hotel limosine, we passed by the remarkable world of Dubai and onto the Palm. The look of luxury and elegance was abundant but was only a hint of what awaited us at the very tip of the Palm.
Our kind, gracious and knowledgeable driver stopped beside a line up of smiling faces at the grand entrance to the Zabeel Saray. The limosine doors opened to a chorus of "Welcome to the Zabeel Saray Dr and Mrs S.”
Rahul, the executive assistant manager, the concierge and the house keeping mgr warmly greeted us like we were members of the family and escorted us though an entry fitting for a palace and into a most stunning lobby where additional staff introduced themselves and assured us that they looked forward to making this, my 70th birthday celebration, the most memorable of my lifetime...which they proceeded to do over the next three day.
Every luxury and amenity that we had experienced in some of the best hotels in the world was unbeliveably exceeded. The service was absolutely impeccable, reflective of their senior managements style and expectations. A birthday cake, chocolates, wine, a giant fruit selection, and balloons awaited as the mgmt group escorted us to our suite and sang a happy birthday greeting.
Aside from every imaginable amenity, the bedroom and living room windows looked out across a most relaxing pool scene, a beautifully inviting sandy beach, and over the waters of the bay to the villas and hotels of the Palm beyond. We had found Nirvana at this secluded and private tip of the Palm.
The Zabeel Saray has several outstanding restaurants and we sampled as many as we could, every one of them trying a nearly impossible task of outdoing the other. We generally breakfasted in the executive lounge under the watchful and attentive eye of concierge Manju, or at the massive breakfast buffet where you will meet the typical Zabeel extraordinary multi-lingual employee like Sydney the manager.
Accompanied by friends, The Turkish Restaurant provided an elegant special setting for a sumptuous birthday feast. The evening was capped with a series of singers and dancers at the beautiful Music Club in the hotel.
A stay at the Zabeel would not be complete without a visit to their superlative Turkish Spa. This luxurious experience was a great way to say goodbye to this most amazing "palace" before heading back home to San Diego.
A stay at the Jumeriah Zabeel Saray on the Palm in Dubai is a singularly wonderful experience that everyone should enjoy in their travel l

Room Tip: We only experienced one as described above. I would suggest that having the executive lounge access...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank richard s
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of customer service that Jumeirah is renowned for. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, fine selection of Restaurants and high level of customer service provided by our team of dedicated colleagues who made a difference. It is always with pride that I am able to personally recognize them for their efforts to exceed our guests expectations.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,489)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I am in hotel now . beautiful rooms and building.but I had booked a king Arabic sea view room from 3months ago and they gave me a room with no seaview just a waste land view.the room number is125.and upon my request to change the room they said that's not available.i travel too much and I don't think to come back to this hotel again because of this management failure and ...also the price of minibar items is unreasonably high.

3  Thank drma J

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed the overall resort and its facilities and of course I am saddened to read of your disappointment with regards to your room type allocation. Rest assured we do our utmost to ensure all our guest preferences are met however on this occasion it seems we were not able to fulfill your request due to high levels of occupancy.
In regard to your feedback on our minibar, I can share that our prices are regularly evaluated against the local market trends .

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, allowing us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is a difficult review to write because my own experience is so different from the majority of previous ones.
I start with the welcome. I got out of the taxi, the luggage was removed from the boot and then I had to look around for someone. I was then asked my name, no smile and no greeting. I was then taken to a "greeter" in the lobby, again no smile, more like a look of disdain.
I was seated in the arrivals lounge. I was then given a drink and a booklet with vouchers but only for 6 nights and I was staying on a pre-paid rate for 7 nights. A mistake had been made so I was asked to produce the voucher I had been given from my travel agent. I had to check in again on the last day of my stay and was asked to sign another registration form to receive the 7th night voucher.
I had an email correspondence prior to arrival asking for a quiet room on a high floor. I am a solo traveller and a light sleeper.
This is the reply I received, "We look forward to welcoming you at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray hotel and continuously look for ways to ensure your stay is memorable. We have noted your special requests of a quiet room, high floor, away from the lift, Supperclub and Voda Bar and appreciate your letting us know of your preferences in advance. We understand their importance to you and wish to assure you that every effort will be taken to ensure it they are accommodated whenever the situation permits (subject to availability). "
Imagine then my surprise when I was shown to a room on the 2nd floor with a cot in it above the Supperclub. Having rejected that one I was then shown to one on the 5th floor, also above the Supperclub but it was only really noisy at the weekend and I managed to sleep with ear plugs.
My first impressions were how dark all the rooms were and how horrendous the decor was. This opinion is obviously a personal one and most people seem to enthuse about it but I thought it was tacky. The balcony furniture and the chairs in the Imperium restaurant were cheap and uncomfortable. The public areas between the two rows of rooms were dark and gloomy and were reminiscent of a mortuary.
The decor aside it was the amateurish service which really let it down for me. Here are a few examples to illustrate my experience and then you can decide for yourself whether this level of service is acceptable for you.
One evening I thought I would have a milk shake. I rang room service, no reply, so I went down to the lounge. It took 15 mins to be acknowledged and a further 30mins for the drink to arrive. When it did I asked why it had taken so long. I was told it was because they had had to get the ice cream for it from the kitchen.
One afternoon I returned at 2.30 from the beach to find the room had not been cleaned. I rang the service number and was asked if I would like the room cleaning now to which I replied yes please. One hour later nobody had been near.
On my last evening a note was pushed under the door which read, "Welcome back Mr Lockwood." I am not a Mr and my name is not Lockwood!
The breakfast buffet was horrendous with children running around unsupervised and helping themselves to food without using the tongs provided. I only braved it for 3 out of my 7 nights stay preferring to pay again for breakfast in the room.
The food, I thought was average. I ate 3 times at Amala which was okay but no where near as creative as Nina at the Royal Mirage.
Another meal of grilled fish at Al Nafoorah was strange because as I was eating my starter the main course arrived and I was told it would be kept warm for me!
On the beach places were being reserved for guests and plenty of tipping was going on. I was told I could hire one of the gazebos for 500 dirham a day.
In the room the toilet and bidet cubicle smelt of drains particularly in the afternoon. The bath was ridiculous and totally impracticable.
The good parts were the bed was very comfortable.
The half board option included lunch which was most appreciated by me preferring to eat during the day rather than at night.
This was the saving grace for me and especially one day when I enjoyed a full afternoon tea on the terrace with my half board voucher. In this case I was served by a very pleasant young waitress who was one of the few staff that actually smiled and acknowledged me on other days and in other parts of the hotel.
I read a lot of reviews for this hotel before booking and I was quite shocked how different my own experience was to most of the the others.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank hollins1

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share in details your feedback following your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

We truly value your opinion, as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence.

I am of course very saddened to read that there were many aspects of your experience that did not meet your expectations; from the strong Ottoman theme of the resort to the usually excellent service we provide and are renowned for. On those shortfalls I will not attempt to offer any excuses but rather extend my personal apologies and I truly hope you will regard those as an isolate and not a representation of the standards Jumeriah is recognized for.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and I hope you will gives us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

It was an inauspicious start to a ten day holiday in February! (We had booked three days in Dubai before going on a seven day cruise in the area) Arriving at Terminal Three in Dubai after our flight with Emirates from Birmingham we were kept waiting an hour behind a queue of about eight to ten people to pass through Passport Control. And this was the queue we were advised to join because we had British passports! Rushing to Baggage Reclaim, we retrieved our cases from the carousel just in time to prevent their being taken to Lost Property before making contact with the taxi driver prepaid to take us to the hotel.We remembered that a term of the contract was that he would wait an hour: we had two minutes to go as we introduced ourselves. Little wonder then that as we drove through the city in the early morning orange haze I felt less than impressed with the urban jungle that spread our before us, with endless high rise buildings and an elevated metro line blocking out some of the sunlight that began to pierce the light fog. Why on earth had we decided to spend three days in an Arab hotel on the Palm before embarking on a week long cruise in the area? Arriving at the hotel, however, we were impressed by the imposing courtyard and its fountains, an impression that was re-inforced by the very lavish interior. Since we had arrived so early a room was unavailable straight away so we were ushered in to breakfast which offered all manner of delights including camel milk and exotic fruits.

Later, In about an hour we found ourselves in a delightful bedroom overlooking the pool area. I'm convinced the interior designers ignored any attempt to curb their budget ( if there ever was one), sat back in their chairs and decided on the theme of Arabian Nights. As in the rest of the hotel, the furniture was ornate, fabrics were expensive and the result was very impressive. Apart from the sunken marble bath, chosen for its looks rather than anything else, it was an extremely comfortable and elegant room beautifully presented and serviced by the staff.

The beach experience was very pleasant. Staff looked after guests, providing iced water as soon as recliners were claimed and the pool and beach areas were very carefully supervised by lifeguards.If you spend time in this hotel do not miss the spa, which has justifiably won several awards in recent years. I didn't have any treatments but enjoyed the wonderful warm salt water swimming pool in the ladies only section and the Turkish style lounging areas and snack bar in the main jacuzzi. Indeed it is so extensive an area new guests need a guide to enable them to find every room in the itinerary. I have a feeling that no other spa I visit in the future will ever come up to this standard.

Eating out in the evening should not have been a problem because of the number of restaurants in the complex but it was not straight forward: for some locations it was necessary to book in advance. Since we had paid about £500 a night, not a small amount,,for a package which entitled us to bed, breakfast and one other meal a day, we assumed that we would be able to eat in the main restaurant. Sadly an extra charge of £40 an head was payable on top to enjoy this experience. Since we felt that this was excessive in view of what we had already paid, we decided to eat where we could redeem our vouchers at no extra charge.

The first night we ended up eating outside on the terrace because all the tables had been pre-booked indoors. In view of the cold wind blowing in from the water I was pleased to go back to the room for a warm jacket which I'd worn on the plane. However we enjoyed the evening and the food, noting however, that several items were not on the list of meals allowed to "voucher people" like us.The next two evenings in other restaurants on site were not so pleasant. The second evening, we ate in the Indian restaurant where the lighting was so bad I had to ask for a table lamp to attempt to read the menu, Sadly this was still difficult because the font on the page was so ornate and small. When the food arrived it was unremarkable. At the start of our third evening, also in the hotel, we were disappointed that diners at the next table wore shorts which revealed extensive leg tattoos. Since this is a luxury hotel why were diners allowed to arrive in beach clothes to eat? Surely it wouldn't have been too much to ask them to wear long trousers! In this restaurant the chairs were so uncomfortable I asked for cushions
which arrived very promptly. Once again, the food was unremarkable with lamb chops overcooked and worst of all a very hot chilli put on the plate as a garnish. Since the lighting was once again very poor and no mention of this was made in the menu we ate them and suffered greatly as a result. I informed the manager of this. He apologised and brought us a jug of tap water.

In general there is much to commend this hotel. The sheer luxury of the interiors and the comfort of the bedrooms ensured that we had three nights of perfect relaxation. Service was excellent and always charming. We both thoroughly enjoyed the beach and the spa. However I do not like feeling like a second class citizen when I have paid a substantial amount to stay in a hotel.( We were still voucher people, after all!) Also we both felt that being asked to pay £ 9.50 for a small bottle of beer and £ 60 for a bottle of wine that would retail for about £7, if that, in the UK. is far too much and impinged on the quality of the experience. In addition, bearing in mind the number of stars the hotel claims, we felt that the evening meals on offer did not live up to our expectations.

Let's put it this way: it was a new experience but it cost a lot of money because we were independent travellers at the most expensive time of the year for the area. A lot of it was enjoyable but quite honestly next time we get the winter blues I think we'll opt for another cruise in the sun. After enjoying holidays on board ship with P and O, Princess, Costa and MSC, all of which offered wonderful food, cheerful service and excellent value for money, we know what to expect.

Room Tip: Have a room overlooking the Palm.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank welshdragon63

Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and would like to thank you for your review from your recent stay with us.

Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, our award winning Talise Ottoman Spa and high level of customer service provided by our team of dedicated colleagues. With reference the cost of beverages rest assured that our prices are regularly evaluated in line with the local market trends and will continue to take any comments very constructively.

We look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have recently returned from an 8 night stay at this hotel and are already planning our next visit. The service was second to none and the staff attentive and extremely professional. We had access to the Club Lounge throughout our stay and had champagne every evening, with canapes. Manjunath and his team thoroughly spoilt us and looked after us so well. Thank you to all the team and hopefully see you soon

Room Tip: Higher level rooms give a better view of the Palm

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, and amongst the many fine other options available in Dubai.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for and live our brand promise to offer our guests a Stay Different experience. My team and I are very pleased we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Once again thank you for your fine comments and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We have just returned from a one week stay at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray Hotel on the Palm in Dubai and for the first time felt it necessary to write a review on Trip Advisor. The hotel is amazing and splendid, ALL the staff are friendly, kind, courteous and bend over backwards to help you - they are a credit to this wonderful hotel. Gluten Free in other hotels can be a real problem but not here, there are choices in all 7 restaurants and the Chefs actually understand what Gluten Free means the consequences for Coeliacs. It is really hard to put into words the excellent standards maintained in this hotel and the caring nature of the staff in all areas. The beach is great and the pool is huge and the perfect temperature for both swimmers and children. Thank you Claire in the Imperium Restaurant and all the other staff who went the extra mile to make our holiday the best one ever. No other hotel can compare.
Anne and Ness G

Room Tip: Rooms on both sides of the hotel have excellent view. Ours looked out towards the sea and the Media...
5  Thank Anne G

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, exquisite facilities and high level of customer service provided by our team of dedicated colleagues.

We are delighted that we have been successful in exceeding your expectations and I am particularly pleased to read you have fully enjoyed our unique offerings of culinary options, as well as the personalized service provided by all our colleagues.

Once again thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful building.

Striking location on palm crescent.

Very well managed overall.

Exceptional hospitality, service and cleanliness overall.

Spa amazing.

Fantastic choice of restaurants. A number if which are exceptionally good.

Beautiful bedrooms and bathrooms.

Hotel has a bit of a split service personality on the one hand it is a 5 Star plus hotel of the usual Jumeriah quality BUT outside although the pool is stunning and the gardens beautiful both Plaj (pool cafe / pizza burgers etc) and the pool side bar service let's it down. Not enough staff.

My biggest criticism is of the imperium buffet breakfast restaurant: poor quality hot food. Omelet / egg station 15 minute Q on two days.

Overall another great Jumeriah hotel.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank MikeEdw

Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts and would like to thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, fine selection of Restaurants and exquisite facilities. I am also grateful for the areas you identified for improvement, particularly the service delays on our beach / pool as well as the buffet breakfast at Imperium. Please be assured that I have discussed your feedback with my relevant teams to remedy these shortcomings.

I look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.