“Beautiful place to relax”

Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Ranked #56 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay in a villa at the Zabeel Saray, only minor issues kept me from giving this hotel a 5 out of 5 rating.

We chose this hotel because it was a bit smaller than some of the others. Some people have complained about the location of the hotel at the end of the palm, but we came just to relax and taxis weren't expensive, nor did it take more than 15 minutes to get into town so this was not a problem and perhaps even an advantage for us. Very beautiful buildings, however as others have noted perhaps this was more cosmetic than quality, e.g., the light switches were flimsy. We appreciated having our own terrace and the shared pool was quiet and a perfect temperature, the lifeguard seemed to keep a close eye as our son swam around the island. It was nice to have a kitchen, we appreciated being to make our own coffee and they were very kind to supply the type of milk and soft drinks we requested. The hairdryer supplied was too weak for my preference and there was no good place to plug it in next to a mirror.

Service was generally good, obviously they are trying hard and sometimes almost were almost too keen, however there were some hiccups, for example, it took an hour each time we ordered ice. We really weren't sure how the butler service worked or even who our butler was compared to other hotels we've stayed in with butler service. Transport to and from the airport was very nice with chilled water and wifi. We noticed the security, I'm not sure what that was about, but unlike others who have commented in their reviews, we weren't approached by anyone or asked for ID.

We enjoyed all the restaurants including some of the best Lebanese food I've eaten. We appreciated the club lounge, though being in the villa we perhaps didn't use this amenity as much as we would have if we stayed in the main hotel.

Fantastic spa, the heated marble in the Hammam was great and the Arabian Rose treatment was fab. However, I found the reception staff brusque and I didn't like their aggressiveness regarding payment. Despite being a registered guest I had to give a credit card to make a reservation and was asked to pay before my treatment - I would like feedback from the hotel on why they seem so obsessed with payment, have they had trouble with guests not paying their bill?

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgement of our opulent architecture and facilities.

I am also grateful for the areas you have identified where you feel we could improve. Rest assured your feedback in regard to the delay with the service of Ice as well as weak hairdryer and the switches in your room has been discussed with the relevant managers to focus on these areas for remedial improvements.

Please accept my apologies for the colleagues at the Spa reception requesting for payment prior to your treatment, rest assured this had been addressed with the team for immediate improvements.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and recommending Jumeirah Zabeel Saray on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We Stayed here Sept, 18th 2013 for a week, the hotel was recommended by a close friend, who has been twice. As soon as you walk in the scent of Zabeel hits you, it smells delightful, I liked it so much I actually purchased some
. The reception is beautiful in fact the whole hotel is. Everywhere you go is immaculately kept and the interior is very well designed. The reception staff were very helpfull, and the Manager by the name of Khalifer (hope I have spelled it correctly). Couldn't do enough for us, his whole attitude to customer care was to be commended. I had a small problem with my room and he immediately resolved it.
The room we had was superb it was on the 5th floor overlooking the pool and beach. It was kept very clean and again the decor, furnishing etc were fabulous. It was luxurious and stylish.
The Pool was great, surrounded by palm trees offering much needed shade from the hot Dubai sun. It was well maintained and plenty life guards on duty. They attendants were very attentive always giving you water in ice bags and they even brought you ice lollies, fruit, cucumber for your eyes, all very nice gestures and one of the reasons that makes Zabeel special.
We had our breakfast in a few of the restaurants and we liked the atmosphere in the Turkish one best. The staff were excellent too.The food was tasty and fresh.

We were lucky enough to attend the anniversary dinner in Voi the food was absolutely amazing and the chef a legend. ( top end food) Diane the Manager was there to greet everyone and all the staff were attentive.

An absolute must is the Indian, this is the best Indian ever.... all the flavours of every spice were tantalising your pallet. Another great chef in the Zabeel, wish I could bring him back to the UK nothing was too much trouble for him, the staff here and the Manager should be commended we felt very special, we were recommended to go here by another guest Miss Rita, thank god she did we liked it so much we went back again with Rita.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough a definite must especially the Spa I used it everyday, it's part of your stay, you only pay for treatments.

Some people may find the drinks pricey however they are in most hotels. If you upgrade to the club lounge this is good value and they will make you feel like VIP's. They have a good range of drinks available.

Room Tip: Really this is down to personal preference, I like to overlook the pool and beach. However the other...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed feedback from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for recommending our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was both enjoyable and relaxing.

I appreciate your kind compliments of our exquisite facilities, culinary fare and the high level of customer service provided by our team of incredible colleagues.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel is excellent - we had a couple of small niggles when we arrived, work was going on above our room and caused a leak. We were shown a selection of rooms and the hotel staff moved our belongings.
The management went above and beyond to make this up to us and it was greatly appreciated.
Food is excellent, beach is excellent as is pool.
The spa is a must try - some of the features like the snow room are amazing!
Staff in the Club Lounge were outstanding.
It is a little far out being at edge of Palm but we were looking for a restful holiday and this delivered. If you want to get into the shops, bars etc. taxi's are fairly prices and readily available.
We had the half board option which is fantastic value for money and allows you to eat at most other restaurants in the Jumeirah chain - concierge was excellent in advising us where to.
I was a little unsure at first but now would not hesitate to come back!

Room Tip: Half board is fantastic and club access is a must!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgements of our exquisite facilities, culinary fare and high level of customer service provided by our team of incredible colleagues.

Once again, thank you for recommending Jumeirah Zabeel Saray on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

As the title suggests our one night here almost ruined our honeymoon. I will leave out the emotional portion and provide you details on the hotel that will hopefully allow you to plan your trip and choose the best hotels that suits you and your travel preference.
We were staying in in Dubai for 10 days for our Honeymoon and wanted to try out a variety of hotels and activities and wanted to try a hotel on the famous Palm island. So here it is in point form.
1. Hotel is really far away from anything, so if you want to experience Dubai be prepared waste time commuting and waste $$ on cabs
2. If you enjoy personalized service and staff recognize you, this is not the place for you. The resort itself with its Turkish influence really is beautiful, but simply too big. Too many guests and employees stretched thin trying to satisfy every guests. Reminds me on an all-inclusive resort in Mexico.
3. Too many harassing Security personnel. For a hotel at the very end of the Palm where nobody lives be prepared to get harassed by security everywhere you go. Every entrance and elevator you are asked to confirm yourself as a guest and after a certain time they do not allow you to access certain areas of the resort. If security is an issue, just put card scanners at entrances/elevators, people don’t need to be approached while they are trying to enjoy their vacation
4. Rooms are gorgeous on initial sight; however as you get settled in you will realize that the hotel was built with high quality material, but poor/rushed labor. For example laying down lovely marble, but poor grout job or hardwood that is already stating gap.

Besides not being the hotel experience we had hoped, we had issue after issue after our we checked in from wrong rooms to lost luggage it just snow balled after that. I won’t go into detail, but I think they may just be a series of unfortunate events. By 2am that day I was in tears of my ruined honeymoon and requested that the hotel allow us to check out a day early. We ended up choosing a hotel in Deira close to the river and although it wasn’t a hotel I would have chosen for my honeymoon it wasn’t a Zabeel Saray, so that was all that matter to me. A nightmare I would like to forget.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jukjun

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

Your feedback is of paramount importance in ensuring that we continuously deliver the quality service and product Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts are renowned for. I deeply regret to read that we struggled to meet your expectations in most of the aspects of your stay, from the service of our colleagues to our resort facilities, and other areas beyond our resort.

Rest assured that all your points will be thoroughly considered for remedial improvements and with this in mind please feel free to contact us directly JZSinfo@jumeirah.com for us to reach out to you personally.

Thank you again for choosing Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have just returned from a five night stay in this hotel to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary. We stayed in a deluxe king room on the fifth floor and everything about it was perfect. The room was spacious, completely immaculate and serviced twice a day by very efficient, well mannered staff. The pool and beach areas are beautiful and very well maintained. Service here was also first class, dealing with towels, water, drinks and good quality food.
There is a good variety of restaurants serving excellent food. Our particular favourite was the French Brasserie for the vast selection on offer.
Throughout our stay, the staff were professional and friendly. Overall, this is an outstanding hotel and we look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Rooms with an outlook over the Palm are very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am very pleased to read your wonderful review of your holiday with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and would like to personally thank you for choosing our Resort to celebrate Silver Wedding Anniversary above the many options available in Dubai.

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality and exquisite facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I am also very pleased to know that you will definitely return to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Like many other guests I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this gorgeous property. Firstly Mr Rahul Sharma most certainly deserves so much credit as he never fails to deliver. It seems he is a legend throughout the Jumeirah group and rightly so.
We had a 1 bed suite located on 6th floor ~ totally gorgeous~ with access to the exec lounge where the exceptional team lead by Manjo and Anne thoroughly spoil you. We love staying at a Jumeirah property in dubai as their standards are exceptionally high and always impress. If your lucky enough to visit this hotel I'm sure you will want to return. We checked in very late and Paul Kumar (guest services manager) looked after us. He is an absolute joy to meet and one of the most helpful people I have ever met.
Tailse spa amazing. Had 2 treatments but Balinese massage from Joan was the best.
Thanks to all concerned for a fab holiday. Hope to return in February.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, exquisite facilities and high level of customer service provided by our team of incredible colleagues.

Thank you for recognizing our colleagues who impressed you by their professionalism. It is always with pride that I am able to personally recognize them for their efforts to exceed our guests expectations and provide a truly personalized service on all occasions

I am also very pleased to know that you will return to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in February. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights with arrival past midnight. When you walk in, the architecture and design is impressive, a lot of gold and marbel just the way one would expect it to be from a property in the Mid-East. Check in was quick and I was escorted to my room. Deluxe room, very spacious and all the amenities even a business traveller needs. This is clearly a vacation hotel but hey, that is ok on a business trip as well. Nice beach, good selection of restaurants both at the beach and of course inside. I tried the Plaj bar at the beach for Barbecue and next night the Voi, with Vietnamese/French cuisine, a true experience. Ottoman SPA is just big, I had 2 treatments of which I will never forget the Thai massage (it still hurts) and a wonderful HAMAM session. Only downside of the SPA is that groups of visitors were escorted through the SPA and even into the locker rooms, which created a couple of surprising faces :-). Staff is quick, well trained sometimes a little robotic when you get asked 6 times by various people during check out when I would return or when they explain the amenities of the hotel or the rooms. All in all a fantastic place to stay, on business and leisure. I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent holiday with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am also delighted to read that you will return to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in May. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort.