“It was very good (but not excellent)”

Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Ranked #64 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Beautiful premises, can't be argued otherwise, in fantastic settings. The rooms are top notch as everyone says. The staff is mostly very helpful and polite. However, there were instances for example on arrival at check in when we felt uneasy. We arrived at 10,30 and were told no check in until 3pm, fair enough rules are rules we thought. We were offered use of the pool and told to pop back to reception periodically to check if our room was ready. (You would think that they would call you the guest when the room is ready rather than asking the guest to pop in every now and then). Eventually room was ready at 1pm. No advise was offered to choose the restaurants and when we asked to change one of the meal bookings (still at check in we literally asked to change the dinner booking for the day after) we were greeted with huffing and puffing at us. A luxury holiday at a 5 star establishment is about pampering and making your guests feel good under all circumstances, and I did not feel this way all the time.
Another issue was that they cannot put a deposit block on debit cards, only on credit cards, but they don't say that at the time of the booking. So if you check in with your debit card they will have to literally debit the funds for deposit rather that put a hold on them. Not a big deal but it's strange I think...
Beautiful pool, private beach, great restaurants for the most, prompt housekeeping staff (one eve our bedroom had not been done and the housekeeping manager assisted straight away).
All in all a very beautiful hotel in need of fine tuning.

Room Tip: Upper floor room with seafront view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our opulent resort facilities and our culinary offering. I am also grateful for the areas you identified where you feel we could improve, particularly with our check in process. Rest assured your comments will be taken seriously as it is from those we strive to improve upon the service Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts are renowned for.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and for recommending our Resort on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

Stephan Schupbach

Write a ReviewReviews (5,494)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed here in may/June 2013 and thought I had done a review ... But some reason didn't.

I have to say I'm surprised at the comments about rude staff there was only one member of staff who I thought was rude and she was the lady who checked us in. The rest of the staff were amazing especially in the imperium and plaj .
They were so good my children want to come back in 2014 !!! The cinema shows children's disney movies daily which was great to get the kids out of the afternoon sun , taxis were plentiful outside the hotel .

Breakfast was plentiful in the imperium and it was lovely that the staff remembered us after a couple of days .

We had asked for a high room overlooking the pool and Sadly this didn't happen , I did complain and the manager sent up a bottle of champagne to apologise and offered to move us a couple of days later , we didn't bother as we had unpacked .

The young man who cleaned the room was great always making sure the kids had plenty of water and there was plenty of towels .

I would highly recommend this hotel and I think we will be seeing you in the summer of 2014

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank crossleys

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am also grateful for the areas you identified for improvements such as our colleagues’ attitude and your request for a room overlooking the pool. Rest assured your comments will be taken seriously as it is from those we strive to improve upon the service Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts are renowned for.

I am delighted to read that you will be returning to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the very near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

It was my first stay at Jumeriah Zabeel Saray, I have dined at the hotel several times and it was excellent.

The stay was memorable! other than some tiny issues not worth mentioning here, it was perfect.

Beautiful Property, Amazing Ottoman/Turkish architecture/atmosphere, wonderful restaurant and great service, Very very very professional staff.

It was our wedding anniversary, and the hotel did everything to make us feel welcomed! From a cake in the room, to special greeting in every restaurant and special treats and gifts throughout the stay.

the hotel is on the Famous Palm Island, a bit far from town (25 minutes drive), and there is nothing around but great sea views, but if you 're looking for a relaxing private place, this is it.

it is 5 minutes away from Aqua venture water park, which is a must of you have kids traveling with you.

Ayman

Room Tip: the junior suite is 20% more expensive than the deluxe room, but all more value for money.

Dear Guest

I am very pleased to read your wonderful review of your holiday with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and would like to personally thank you for choosing our Resort to celebrate your wedding anniversary above the many options available in Dubai.

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality and exquisite facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

The property is without doubt amazing, everything about it screens excellence! The staff are very, very helpful and tried their best to look after us all the way through our stay. The lady who checked us in was a bit pushy and didn't quite grasp everything we tried to ask her but she was an exception, all the other staff we met where very eager to help.
The food was amazing, we had a half board stay which meant it was affordable because the standard menus are fair expensive, but, you do get what you pay for and this place is another level! If you've got it I am sure it's worth every penny! If you haven't then insist in half board.
Would totally recommend this place, pure opulence, can't wait until next year for our return stay!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank daverave69

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgement of our opulent hotel, culinary fare and high level of customer service provided by our team of incredible colleagues.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have just returned from the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in Dubai and would happily recommend it to anyone. It is absolutely fabulous and can't fault it at all. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and it had everything we needed for our dream holiday to Dubai. Ideal as a family hotel but lacking in entertainment in the evening if that is what you are looking for. Good food in all the restaurants we tried during our stay. Go and enjoy! We will certainly be returning to this hotel in the future.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

In regard to your feedback on the entertainment at the hotel, we two unique concepts being Supperclub and Musichall mostly operating at weekends, I do regret if we did not inform you.

I am also very pleased to know that you will definitely return to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family and I have once again return to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray - and once again we have had a mesmerising experience! I can only recommend the Royal Residences, which have close access to the sea, a huge quiet (!) pool only reserved for Residence guests and amenities which are definitely worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and would like to thank you for your review from your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I normally can't be bothered to write reviews for anything unless it really is out of this world, and Zabeel Saray really was out of this world for my honeymoon just last week. Like everyone else, we read up on what hotels are the best in Dubai and were told that you can't really go wrong as all the hotels are five star. My husband found Zabeel Saray and after scrutinising the photos and reviews, we went with it for our honeymoon. My husband and I like luxury and generally only stay in five star hotels. The hotel itself and the services we received whilst we were there was the best we have ever experienced. The hotel itself is beautiful, the room we stayed in (a deluxe king) was superb with a big marble jacuzzi bath as standard in these types of rooms. Nothing was too much for the hotel, they bring round free mineral water whilst you're round the pool, ice lollies, they make up your sun lounger for you with towels, the turn down service was immaculate, there is free fruit and mineral water in the rooms. It was my birthday whilst we were staying there, the hotel sent up chocolates and decorated the room with balloons whilst we were round the pool, they booked meals for us, ordered taxis, they did everything we asked and more! We were on the half board summer flavours offer which was fabulous, we ate in a variety of different restaurants and they were all brilliant, including the buffet within the hotel. The half board offer gave us access to all restaurants at all the Jumeirah hotels in Dubai so we ventured off the Palm to Jumeriah Beach hotel and the Madinat Jumeirah as well. The spa at Zabeel Saray was pure luxury and we had two treatments each whilst there, including a couples side by side massage. We also used the gym pretty much every day and the equipment was high tech life fitness and the staff were great in there as well. We had such an amazing experience at this hotel and in Dubai, I really was devastated to be coming home. We will definitely be returning to Zabeel Saray next year with our two year old, as there were also things for little ones to do. We went to the Burj Al Arab for afternoon tea and had priced up staying there for our honeymoon, but as it was double the cost of Zabeel Saray, we selected Zabeel Saray instead. I can honestly say the service we received at the Zabeel Saray was better than at the Burj Al Arab, so was the food and the hotel itself was more to my taste as well. I really do have nothing bad to say about this hotel, everything about it was five star plus. We can't wait to return next year!

Room Tip: Make sure you tell the hotel if you are celebrating any occasion as they really make a fuss of you...
5  Thank Kate H

Dear Guest

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly our high levels of customer service, culinary fare and our opulent facilities.

I am also delighted to read that you will be returning to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.