“Spoilt Rotten at this Amazzzing Hotel”

Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Ranked #48 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
“Spoilt Rotten at this Amazzzing Hotel”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

From arriving at this beautiful hotel, Emad greeted me & my niece with a warm welcome & surprised us with an upgrade - we felt like lottery winners!!!
All of the staff were so attentive - quality of food exceptional, even the pool/beach provided free iced water & ice lollies, stayed in 5* hotels before, but this one is truly luxury!!
Did not feel out of place, mix of guests staying - Did not want to come home & now have the holiday blues!
We dined at Jumeirah Beach & Segretto Italian (Madinat) with the half board vouchers & both fantastic, espec the Italian - food was outstanding & even the Italian Chef came out to chat to ask how meal was.
Took approx 15mins by taxi to get off the Palm, taxis really cheap, Atlantis hotel only 5mins away where we swam with the dolphins.
At check out reception arranged a wake up call at 3am & bell boy came to room for our cases, hassle free to airport!
Drinks we found to be on expensive side ie can of Miranda (fanta) £4.22, but expect that in a 5* hotel, bonus is free bottled iced water all day which u normAlly would be pYing for.
Our sunken bAth tub could have fitted a football team in & monsoon shower was gorgeous, both king size beds were sooo comfy, infact best sleep ever on a holiday!
Even Jake Wood (Max Branning) Eastenders & his family were staying, nice to think u r in a hotel with a celeb, makes u feel bit special, ha ha.
Visited the gym one morning at 8am extremely busy had to wait half an hour to get on a machine, but then it went quiet, provided towels & cool bottled water with air con & music, not a huge gym but everything u need.
MTV & movie channels quite good for late viewing & we tried room service, which was fab - guy set table up on balcony for us at 11pm - as I say could not do enough!!
U can make dinner reservations at Concierge & they also give good reccommendations ie Segretto Italian (Madinat). Used the free shuttle on this evening which was great got the last shuttle back at 11.15am (get a timetable from concierge).
If one day we return would def stay at this hotel or even Jumeirah Beach as bit nearer to centre, did so much on our first visit but would like to try Wild Wadi Waterpark, right next to Burj al Arab & free to Jumeirah guests & visit Jumeirah Walk & Marina which didnt get chance to do on
our 8night stay. Wud recc high tea & cocktails at Burj al Arab, swish & charged everything to our room as sister hotel.
Also recc Burj Kaliffa (pre book online as lot cheaper) & best time 6pm. Straight outside are the dancing fountains & inside is the Dubai Mall (hUGe)!! open til midnight Thur & Fri - shops, restaurants, ice rink, underwater zoo, amazzzz balls!!!! We shopped for 7hours & got lost a few times, lol. Although did find majority of items more expensive than UK & nothing much different, but fab all the same & def a
must.
So glad Dubai is ticked off my
bucket list & chose to stay at the Zabeel Saray Hotel!!!
Thanks again Emad & Team for making our holiday memorable!!

• Stayed May 2013
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly our high levels of customer service and our opulent facilities.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Stephan Schupbach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,295)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is by way of thank you for the way I was treated when I became ill whilst visiting for a meal at this hotel.
My illness had nothing to do with the hotel or restaurant we had booked. We had booked a table at Amala and had ordered our meal when I started to feel rather peculiar.... We had our starters, of which I hardly touched and without wanting or needing to go into details, I retired to the ladies whilst my husband apologised and settled the bill (the restaurant was also very understanding on this).

As we left the foyer, I clearly looked and was acting not right and a concierge asked if I was OK and came out with us. Needless to say I threw up (at least I managed to do this fairly discreetly, the embarrassment, I was mortified....). However, the speed of clear-up and empathy at which the staff managed this situation was exemplary. They took us to the nearest seating area, I was immediately offered tissues and water and once normalised, was told that the paramedic was awaiting and did I need a wheelchair. We saw the paramedic, who checked my BP, took details and issued me with an anti-emetic medication as well as gaviscon and once I was feeling well enough put us in a taxi back to DAM.

It was a highly mortifying incident however the care, professionalism and the discreet way the staff involved handled this was absolutely exemplary and made me feel very safe and comfortable.

This type of incident highlights should you become ill or injured, the staff and hotel will do their utmost to ensure that you receive the best possible care and will be very well looked after.

Thank you so much.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Suzanne C
Dear Guest

I trust you are feeling well and would like to thank you for your complimenting review of your visit to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2013

we are leaving this fabulous hotel tomorrow after spending 7 nights here on half board.there is not a lot I can add to all the other reviews on here except to say if you get the opportunity to come here,do so.you would struggle to find a decent 5 star hotel in Tenerife for the price we paid with travel bag to come here.this is our third visit to Dubai and will not be our last.this hotel really is fab and all the staff are excellent,you just cannot fault any of them.if you are thinking about booking don't hesitate do it now.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view
2 Thank jemLiverpool

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

On arrival from the UK around 1am, we were pleasantly greeted by reception staff that made our check in very easy. There was a slight confusion about the meal package that we were on but this was sorted within a few moments and changed to half board as originally booked.
We were then taken to our room which was a delight a lovely big bed with a lovely view onto Dubai and also a lovely bathroom. The next morning we woke up and had breakfast in the Imperium. This was a lovely place to have breakfast a fantastic spread of hot and cold food to suit anyone.
The pool area was very relaxing with it not being too overcrowded. Very well looked after by the staff to find you a bed and help you put the towels down. It was a lovely touch with having the iced water, cucumber and fruit around the pool, only complaint would be that they didn't have any ice lollies for the whole week - still awaiting a delivery...
Food in the hotel was of a high standard and particularly recommend the the Indian Amala Resteraunt. With some of the group being vegetarian they were very accommodating with there menu changes etc... But overall with the half board package you can dine in nearly 50 places across the Jumeriah chain of hotels which is fantastic.
The Spa and gym facilities in the hotel are like a dream, fantastic range of treatments. But with split male and female this can sometimes be an issue as not many people in the facilities at the same time, but in a country like this its fair enough.
Shuttle bus is handy, but only runs every 2 hours. Used this a couple of times - taxis are also another good option which is cheap when in groups 4.
We did a few excursions with the desert safari, burj khalifa and wild wadi all are well worth doing while you are here. The trips were booked through OEC Travel and they were very helpful with recommending different trips. The wild wadi waterpark saving through the hotel is fantastic.
Overall thank you for a nice and relaxing break, hope to see you again soon!

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Nitesh S
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality and exquisite facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I am also delighted to read that you will be returning to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and to continue ensuring your stays impress you and provide such fond memories.

Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed at Jumeriah Zabeel Saray from June 12th for 6 nights and I can say its was excellent. Drive from airport about 40 mins, the hotel I suppose could be better situated. Taxis were cheap so was not a problem to get in to town in the evening. Facilities were stunning, staff were so polite I am a bit gobsmacked really. Stayed in room 449 and luckily had half board as food and drinks very expensive. Beer £9, Coke £7, Water £5. Quality restaurants but you probably have to book in the busy times. Pool was great but too warm in fact it was cooler outside and I mean it was 40 degrees everyday. Towels were provided by attendants and moved towels that were not being used which I thought was good. Sea was warm and there is some stones around but no real problem. This is truly a luxury hotel and it is difficult to criticise.

Room Tip: Room 449 was lovely.
3 Thank Skyimplant
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgement of our exquisite facilities, culinary fare and excellent service .

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Swindon
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We are fairly well travelled but this was our first time to Dubai and we just didn't know what to expect. What can we say apart from it was fantastic. From the moment we stepped out of the car to the check out at the end the hotel exceeded all our expectations. The room was beautiful (the bed and pillows were to die for), the pool and beach staff couldn't have been more helpful, the complimentary half board was a real plus - food wherever you went was really nice, we had the Indian, Lebanese, Turkish and the Italian - all fantastic.

This holiday was to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday and the hotel provided a cake to help us celebrate which was a lovely touch.

We upgraded to club lounge and this is really where it surpassed our expectations - never on any holiday have we been treated so well, and never on any holiday have we drank and eaten so
much!!! We met some lovely people - Ray, Kim, Clare and Danielle plus others in the club lounge which was an added bonus. I cannot end this review without saying a massive, massive thank you to the staff in the club lounge - they are a credit to the hotel. Big thank you from me and my husband ( they made my husband milk shakes every day, and in the end they were ready and waiting for us when we came in from the beach)........ I feel I really need to name them all as each one of them was excellent - (sorry for the spelling) thank you Anne, Rosa, Suresh, Herlyne, Joseph, Anno, Somhor, Soufione, Rut, Sonoo, Danry, Vicas. My husband had a tear in his eye when he left the club lounge!!!

If there was a negative to this hotel it would be that the beach is a bit stoney on the shoreline and when you first go in but once up to knee level the stones disappear. The sea and pool are lovely and warm, plus you can cool down with the iced water provided, the ice lollies and drinks they bing round and they even provide cucumber for you eyes.

Best holiday ever, we will be back.

Room Tip: Upgrade to club lounge
Dear Guest

I am very pleased to read your wonderful review of your holiday with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and would like to personally thank you for choosing our Resort to celebrate your husband’s 60th birthday above the many options available in Dubai.

Thank you for recognizing our colleagues who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. It is always with pride that I am able to personally recognize their efforts to exceed our guests expectations and provide a truly personalized service on all occasions.

Hampshire
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Another warm welcome from management and their amazing professional friendly team who once again took great care of us during our 14 night June stay which was, as always, faultless. Since walking into the very opulent and luxurious Zabeel, now know as Dubai’s best, we have been enjoying the superb service for over two years and are booked for two weeks in September. Being introduced to George Fares, Director of Engineering, the man responsible for landscaping, technical design and maintenance, Jumeirah’s unsung hero of 25 years, also opened the Burj Al Arab was very interesting to chat to.

Our Imperial One Bedroom Suite King was immaculate, Vikrant ensured we had more than we needed. Wasantha and his very friendly team provided an excellent service as we relaxed in 43 degrees on the cabana, especially Abdul who is very conscientious and hard working. It is well worth hiring the electric boat to take photos of this magnificent hotel with the new quality cream parasols which will now stay up if windy. The majestic opulence of the luxurious couples spa was a special and unique personal experience together with the hammam and daily use of all the facilities is rejuvenating after a long flight. The Club Lounge team were fabulous as always and our thanks to Joseph, Sam and Suffian for the B52, Brain Damage cocktails and superb service. What fun we had every night.

Al Nafoorah exotic Lebanon flavours was a delight, although we could not eat it all. Chef Aman of Amala provided a banquet for our guests and the personal service of Manju made our nights so memorable. Being the best Indian food our guests had ever experienced, we just had to return as it is a favourite of ours too as everything is selected for us. Voi once again was truly outstanding, Diana the perfect hostess, no need for a menu as she knows exactly what we like and Chef cooks it. The “Have a Nice Flight Thank You For Coming Back” chocolate cake in Voi was a nice touch on our last evening . Without a doubt, Zabeel delivers world class culinary delights, unbeatable dedicated service in palatial exquisite surroundings, you will not find anywhere better in Dubai.

Room Tip: All rooms, suites and villas are of exceptional high standards
1 Thank LuxuryOnly4Me
Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and would like to thank you choosing our hotel to celebrate your 50th birthday.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of customer service that Jumeirah is renowned for. Thank you for recognizing our colleagues who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. It is with great pleasure that I am able to recognize them for their efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

I am also delighted to read that you will be returning to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in September. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort.