“A Stunning Hotel and my 'Second Home'”

Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Ranked #49 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
UK
“A Stunning Hotel and my 'Second Home'”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

After many visits to this hotel I just had to take the time to provide my comments….This hotel is just beautiful, a five star hotel with a luxury boutique feel. Jumeriah’s Zabeel Saray attention to detail is second to none. Flowers, fruit and a hand written welcome card made us feel so special. Rahul Sharma and his team Eniko,Cecilia,Lhen,Stevan,Joseph,Faye & Danny taking care of the Executive lounge are the most professional, friendly & helpful staff at any hotel I have visited. All the staff anticipates your every need.

Our last trip we had a small issue with our room which did not cause much inconvenience, however Rahul insisted on changing our room; we were upgraded to a beautiful palatial suite, and yes it was Wow factor - I felt like a Princess for a couple of days. Rahul is such a charming and thoughtful person nothing is ever too much trouble.

A visit to the Talise Spa is must. This is beautiful designed and constructed - the largest spa I have ever visited. A great treat even if not staying at the hotel. Paul, Ahmed and the team of very professional therapists offer wonderful treatments. We chose the Royal Ottoman treatment, the ambiance of the treatment room is wonderful and the therapist was amazing. The treatment left my skin feeling like silk. Allow a couple of hours before your treatment to experience the wonderful facilities and to leave feeling totally chilled. I’m very much looking forward to our next visit to both the hotel & spa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JP1Uk
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and would like to thank you for your review from your recent stay with us and for recommending our Resort on Trip Advisor.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of customer service that Jumeirah is renowned for. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, and high level of customer service provided by our team of incredible colleagues.

I am delighted to read that you will return to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our Resort, and to continue ensuring your stays with us impress you and provide such fond memories.

Stephan Schupbach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,294)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

It was family trip in March, 2013. We stayed in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray of Jumeirah chain in March. Since it was our first trip to Dubai, before we arrived my husband and I were nervously excited about everything expecting us. However, we were welcomed by staff with a smile at the arrival area, it eased our tension. To us it was just the place and people we needed right that moment :D as we were exhausted of the flight and airport arrival issues. My husband and I loved the way we were served by the guest service staff at the check-in procedure. Our check-in, registration process was relatively fast. The staff has been very polite and assisting professionally in details. It was great and understandable esp. for my husband and children, who don’t speak English, when very staff (if I’m not mistaken his name was Shavkat) helped us a lot by speaking in Russian, while explaining the room, hotel facilities and services available for us. The hotel navigation during the stay was much easy due to the thorough welcome procedure. My special thanks to the staff at arrival lounge!!! The rooms are luxurious, clean and beautifully furnished in Turkish style. Both sides rooms windows shows beautiful view of the water, sea. The restaurants are of high quality food and service. We had wonderful dinner in French-Vietnamese VOI. You can get information about sightseeing and transportation from the hotel. We plan to go to Dubai and stay in Zabeel Saray coming fall again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MaF1114
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly our high levels of customer service, culinary fare and our opulent facilities.

I am also very pleased to know that you will be returning to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel in the near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort.

Los Angeles
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was very fortunate to stay in one of the villas at the hotel. The setting, the rooms, and the private lagoon were all picture perfect. But it was the service that stood out!

I kept reading the welcome message on the TV screens throughout the house over our three night stay. One line stood out to me, "We will endeavor to meet any request you may have while you are here with us."

The staff and service was impeccable. We called and they came promptly and professionally. Need some breakfast? Boom, its there and beautifully displayed and delicious. Need a towel? Poof! There it is with a couple extra just in case. Need tidying up? 20 minutes later, the place is spotless.

The demeanor of the staff was polite but not too up tight or serious. They knew how to accomplish their tasks with an easy professionalism.

Congrats to Rahul Sharma and his staff for a job well done. I look forward to coming back again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank jacobv73
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent holiday with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality and exquisite facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I am also delighted to read that you will return to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in May. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 7, 2013

10th anniversary trip and couldn't have been better. Gorgeous pool area and incredible spa. No beach access, but the beautiful location and grounds more than make up for that. Typical Jumeirah class of service was world class, as expected.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JeffreyOKC
Dear Guest

I am very pleased to read your wonderful review of your holiday with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and would like to personally thank you for choosing our Resort to celebrate 10th anniversary above the many options available in Dubai.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay with us. We look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

Boston, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Myself and my husband have just returned from the Zabeel Saray and it was absolutely fantastic! The service at this hotel has to be THE BEST l have ever received in Dubai.
The hotel was beautiful and the staff were amazing and l would like to say a 'Very Big Thank You' to Anne Sauermann Asst. Guest Services Manager-Club Lounge 'a truly lovely lady'whatever we requested she sorted out immediately and also of course to Samhar and Soufiane (Big Mac) for the amazing cocktails including strawberry mojitos and sidecars and making us laugh so much - what lovely guys they are!
I own a travel agency and have booked several guests to the Zabeel Saray and even though l have visited Dubai more than a dozen times l really felt l had to try this hotel and not only will l be recommending it l will most definitely be returning myself very soon!
The Club Lounge is worth upgrading to for all the extras including the a la carte menu available from midday until 6pm.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the pool/beach
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jenny r
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgement of our exquisite facilities, culinary fare and excellent service .

Thank you for recognizing our colleagues who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. It is with great pleasure that I am able to recognize them for their efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

I am delighted to read that you will be returning to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the very near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort, and to continue ensuring your stays with us impress you and provide such fond memories.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Based on all the positive reviews and the fact that the hotel belongs to the Jumeirah chain, we expected it to be absolutely perfect. Unfortunately, it wasn't. Don't get me wrong, the hotel is very good, but there are some flaws worth mentioning.

The property is beautiful. There is absolutely no doubt about it. If you like Turkish palatial style, you will love it. There is marble and gold everywhere (I think there is more gold used in this hotel than in the famous Burj Al Arab). You are beautifully greeted every time you arrive and everybody is very polite. Also, if there aren't too many people checking-in at the same time, you are seated in the sitting area, offered a drink and personally taken care of. This is followed by showing you to the room. Proper 5-star treatment. Staff in general is very kind, helpful and always smiling. There is nothing to complain about in this area.

The hotel is located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah island which is both good and bad. The good points are that the location is quiet. Despite nearby construction, the place was very quiet since the property is located almost at the tip of the crescent. Also, it doesn't matter if you get a room facing the beach or the breakwater, you always have nice views (the rooms either face the pool, beach, island villas and the Atlantis resort or Dubai Marina skyline). The skyline rooms are perhaps not that quiet since they also face a road which is, however, not very busy and if you like cars, you can spot some really nice ones. The hotel is out of the Dubai rush, but still within the reach of the city's attractions. However, be prepared to use taxi a lot and also be prepared that it takes about 10-15 minutes just to get out of the island depending on the driver (some drive like crazy). Fortunately, taxis in Dubai are relatively cheap, so it's not such a big problem. There is also a shuttle bus several times a day, but it is often cramped and the times can be inconvenient.

We booked a deluxe room and got one on the third floor facing the beach. The view was beautiful. The room is big enough for three persons, but I would probably make the bathroom a bit smaller and add a walk-in closet instead (still, the room as such could be a bit bigger). Yes, the bathroom is very special because it has this gigantic marble Turkish bathtub we didn't properly use (we rather spend time around the pool or the beach instead of lying in a bathtub). There is also a separate shower separated from the rest of the bathroom by a glass wall. Surprisingly, despite the hotel being quite new, there was some molding in the shower. The rooms are decorated in Arabian style and they are a little too dark in my opinion, but still nice and luxurious. You also get free bottled water and chocolates on a regular basis. The bed is gigantic and very comfortable. The problem was that the air-conditioning was very loud. It made a buzzing sound all the time which kept waking us up. We told the receptionist about the problem, they sent someone up to take a look at it but with no result. Therefore, we were forced to write an e-mail to the manager who finally resolved the issue. He said they had to thoroughly clean the vent which made the sound go away. My question is - was it necessary to contact the manager in order to do something properly? I don't think so, especially in a hotel of this kind. Another problem was that the TV remote didn't function properly. It was behaving strangely (some buttons worked, some didn't) so I asked the reception to fix it - as a result, I just found a set of batteries on my bed. What a solution! I tried to switch the batteries but it didn't help. Next, the third bed had no duvet, just two blankets on top of each other which was much less comfortable - this problem was solved after the request.

The food was excellent. We booked a half-board which was a very smart decision since the price by our travel agency was negligible. It meant that we could use the buffet restaurant and even order extra meals from the menu or use any other restaurant in the hotel (most of them were, however, for a surcharge). Because of the character of the hotel, the choice from the buffet wasn't extremely wide, but everything tasted great. Get ready for extremely high prices of drinks, though. I think the cheapest bottle of wine costs about 35€. And that is a lot considering that it is about 5-times more expensive than its retail price. The best thing about half-board, however, was that you could use the coupons to eat in almost any Jumeirah restaurant. We tried the buffet restaurants in Jumeirah Beach hotel and Al Qasr hotel. Both were fantastic, even better than the one in the Zabeel Saray. Breakfast was also very good, but there was something strange - whenever the main restaurant got half-full or so, the staff tried to redirect you to a substitute restaurant, which was actually a theater converted into a breakfast hall. The food I think was the same and it was nice to try that for a change, but since we didn't want to take that option for the third time they tried to redirect us, we found out that the main restaurant was half-empty. Very strange.

The pool and beach areas were exquisite. The pool is big enough and chilled so it never gets too warm in summer. The beach is also taken care of, there is always enough loungers and staff to help you unpack. Free bottles of watter are available anytime. There is also a guy distributing free ice lollies which is very refreshing. The water was clean, the sand, however, wasn't very soft since the island is man made.

The spa is incredible. I don't usually use spas, but this time I had to at least see what it offers. People who like treatments and various spa facilities will love it. It is huge, beautiful and offers everything you may wish for.

All in all, we had a great time in the Zabeel Saray. But since it is a 5-star property (or even 6-star according to many travel agencies) I had to mention all flaws we encountered during our stay. There is a huge amount of luxurious properties in Dubai and this is definitely one of the better ones despite all the imperfections.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jackkk1
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, and high level of customer service provided by our team of incredible colleagues.

I am also grateful for the areas you have identified where you feel we could improve. Rest assured your feedback has been discussed with the relevant managers to focus on these areas, to ensure we deliver the best in service and products which you have come to expect from a Jumeirah Hotel.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and for recommending our Resort on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

Dunkeswell, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel back in sept 12 for 13 nights. The best hotel I've ever stayed in FACT! 5 Star is nowhere near the kind of service you actually get! By the pool you're looked after the second you step out of the hotel, iced water all day delivered to your lounger. Throughout the day they bring ice creams if you wish at no cost. All the staff are super friendly. The hotel lobby is where all the high standard you expect and deserve begins.

The rooms are outstanding, rooms service evening better! If you can I definitely suggest utilising the Spa. The food is second to none and with so much choice. I've never experienced eating breakfast in a theatre! Thats what we expericed on the days it's was busy. Truly an amazing hotel, that I will definitely be booking the next time work has me staying in Dubai.

Fully recommend

Room Tip: Chose a room over looking the pool and inner crescent.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SailorMonkey
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback from your recent stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for recommending our Resort on Trip Advisor.