“Amazing service, lovely ambiance”

Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Ranked #61 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We had chance to visit Voda bar and smoked sheesha on a several occasions in this amazing place. The service was friendly and nice, very relaxed atmosphere, no snobby, cocktails are delicious and sushi was great. Thank you

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ezusinka
JZS_GM, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your ongoing loyalty to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to read how much you continue to enjoy our services the relaxed atmosphere and the delicious sushi served at Voda Bar.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stephan Schupbach

Write a ReviewReviews (5,399)

Reviewed July 30, 2011

The Ottoman Empire lives on in this 5 star hotel on the Palm. We came here for a 'staycation' for the weekend and really had the chance to relax and unwind. The interior of the hotel is very flamboyant - not to everyone's taste but you cannot help but begin to appreciate it all.

Rooms:
The rooms are spacious and have everything you need in them. We found the bed to be super comfy and the pillows were divine. The bathroom has a wonderful novelty factor in the giant bath - so big you can literally walk around inside of it! Lovely Asprey toiletries to use and a heavenly rain-shower.

Staff
We found the staff to be attentive and accommodating. We spent most of the time on the beach and in our room so our interaction was limited but as to be expected there was a level of friendliness and initiative from all staff - not sure what others have experienced, but there were certainly no complaints.

Food:
Breakfast buffet is extensive although some food is great whilst other options are not as good as they could be. As this hotel seems to cater to the Arabic market, there is no pork served for breakfast. We ordered room service one night and enjoyed the food (we recommend the lamb burger) although there did not seem to be an extensive variety on the menu. Lunch near the pool was tasty and the service was good. There is a Vietnamese restaurant under construction which will be a welcome addition.

Facilities
On the beach, they provide cold water and the odd slice of cucumber and ice blocks (lollies) - a nice touch that you do not get around the pool area - even though they are really quite close together. The water on the beach was not as clear as we expected and at one point there was a dead fish floating that was promptly cleared by the staff.

We had the traditional Turkish Hammam which was really enjoyable and the staff were friendly and attentive. However, they must be the only spa in Dubai that charges for a cup of tea after the treatment. You do get a glass of water and a shot of yogurt to replenish your minerals after the hammam.

We enjoyed our stay and left feeling relaxed and revived. Our only concern was after check-out we waited close to 20 minutes for the car - as did many others. We could hear others complaining about the service in the hotel to the manager, however this was not our impression and we would recommend the hotel to anyone wanting a get-away in luxurious surroundings.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed feedback from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for recommending our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was both enjoyable and relaxing.

I appreciate your kind compliments of our Hotel décor, facilities and of and our colleagues who have been courteous and warm in ensuring that you had a relaxing stay.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

well I travel almost very week and have stayed in all sorts of hotels all over the world but this time because I was so upset I decided to right a review.

The property itself is amazing and beautiful but little do the management of Jumeriah know it's not just about having an amazing property it's more it's about the staff and there experience or lack of it I mean.

From the start it was all going wrong the mess at the valet no one tells you anything you enter clueless and are left to explore on your own where the reception is, the check in process is a joke took over 40 mins to get checked in and around an hour to finally to reach the room. By the time we got the luggage and settled in we wanted to have lunch but guess what all the restaurants where closed apart from the one in the lobby. We had to seat ourselves as no one even approached us the. Around 20 mins after sitting starving no one came to us we had to litirally asked to be served we ordered she got us half of what we ordered the potions are a joke we then waited for the remaining of the order it never came so I told her to cancel it she didnt mind. Anyway overall it a no no hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. Your comments are important to ensure that we continue to deliver the service that Jumeirah is renowned for, and that we exceed your expectations on your future visits.

I would sincerely like to apologize for the inconveniences you have faced during your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. Rest assured that your feedback has been discussed with the relevant managers and your comments have been taken very seriously and addressed in order to deliver the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for.

May I request you to please contact me on jzsguestfeedback@jumeirah.com to allow us the opportunity to look into the exact circumstances which caused your disappointment, take corrective action and restore your confidence in our hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I do hope we are able to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

although we have been there during the soft opening, the hotel is really great.
luxury is everywhere starting from the lobby, restaurants, rooms and spa. rooms are very elegant with it's one of kind huge marble bath tub and very comfortable bed but the palm view rooms are much better.
the full range spa is the biggest in middle east and they are really professional.
the endless pool is big and enjoyable.
the only draw back is the service, they are very slow and rude.
defenitely it worth a visit

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for recommending our Hotel on Trip Advisor. It is always with great pleasure that we welcome our return guests.

While I am pleased to note that you found our hotel’s facilities luxurious, I was of course concerned to learn that you were disappointed by the service provided and the courtesy of our colleagues. May I request you to share with us details in regard to the areas where you had encountered our colleagues to be rude and the service to be slow in order for us to immediately remedy these shortcomings and ensure that our guests receive the service that Jumeirah is renowned for.

Should it be convenient for you to do so, may I request you to please send your email to jzsguestfeedback@jumeirah.com to allow us the opportunity to better understand the areas of your disappointment and restore your confidence in our Hotel.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Having stayed at several other Jumeirah group resorts in Dubai, we had high expectations of the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray during our 12 night stay and we certainly weren’t disappointed! The hotel itself looks beautiful from the outside and the inside is extremely well decorated. Our room on the second floor was fantastic with a wonderful view of the Palm and the Atlantis hotel.

The majority of our time at the hotel was spent down by the pool area which like the rest of the hotel looks wonderful. Here, we were extremely well looked after by all the staff at the pool area who were fantastic when it came to keeping us refreshed with cold towels and ice lollies very regularly. After this, we used to have lunch at the Plaj which had great food (especially the Steak sandwich).

The staff that I would like to give a special mention to are Adam at the Plaj as well as Larry and Patrick who always greeted us and took our bags for us when we arrived back at the hotel. However, these are just the members of staff who we got to know very well in our stay and all the hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

The Talise Ottoman Spa at the hotel looks fabulous and has amazing facilities. But, our only disappointment of our stay at the hotel came when we tried to book treatments from the spa. At first, we each booked a treatment for ourselves but the member of staff who served us bizarrely assumed that my sister and I were a couple and so wanted the treatment in the same room. When we found this out, we explained to the staff member that we were in fact siblings and were never asked about wanting the treatment in the same room which we obviously didn’t want. As a result of this, I was forced to cancel my treatment and rearrange for a later date. But, when I arrived on that date for my treatment, I had found out that the same member of staff had forgotten to book me in and because it was the last day of our stay, I was unfortunately unable to have a spa treatment. When I told the manager of the spa about this, I was informed that the incident would be investigated and I await a response on it.

Overall, with the exception of the misunderstanding down at the spa, this hotel has lived up to my expectations and proven itself to be another master class of luxury by the Jumeirah group. Although I’m still very disappointed about what happened at the spa, I would still recommend this hotel to many people and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent holiday at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. I am delighted to learn that you were impressed with our Hotel, and with the timely and quality service rendered to you by our dedicated team of colleagues.

It is a pleasure to recognize our team members for their genuine care and attention towards ensuring your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. I sincerely appreciate that you recognized the efforts of Patrick and Larry from our conceierge team and Adam from Plaj, who impressed you with their attentiveness and professionalism.
Your comments regarding our Talise Ottoman Spa have been discussed in great details with our Spa team - may I please request you to consider your experience as isolated and not indicative of our service standards.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay with us. I do hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray for five nights in July. It was a quick break away to relax for a few days prior to starting a new job.

We normally stay at Jumeirah group hotels in Dubai and have stayed at the JBH, Al Qasr and the Burj Al Arab previously. As the JZS had opened up earlier this year, we thought we would give it a try. We booked a King Deluxe Room and took advantage of the Summer Flavours offer.

We arrived at the hotel at around 9.00 am and were immediately taken into a gorgeous lounge area where the check in process was undertaken and delicious, fresh juices provided which was a good start. We were then taken up to our room which was room 415.

The room was lovely and the perfect size for the two of us. We had a balcony which overlooked the Palm and had a direct view of the Atlantis. The bathroom was huge and the Turkish bath, just enormous. The hotel has complimentary WIFI throughout the hotel including in all rooms and public areas which was great for using the iPad 2 and to be honest, really sets the benchmark for all international 5 star hotels. Free WIFI should really be available in all 5 star hotels internationally as provided by this hotel.

Anyway, I digress. We used the pool area everyday and were really looked after by the guys at the pool. We had breakfast at Imperium every morning and the choice available was as good as that provided at all the other Jumeirah Group hotels. All hot and cold breakfast items including an egg station with various juices, cereals and fruits were available.

We had lunch at the Plaj pool restaurant a couple of times and the sea bass ceviche was to die for. We ate dinner at Segreto and MJ's at the AQ and at Al Nafoorah, Amala and Imperium at the JZS. Dinner at Segreto was lovely and there were only a couple of menu items that were excluded from the HB deal. The food at MJ's was good but not as amazing as we had been led to believe. There was no lobster on the menu and the yellow fin tuna was a bit dry but my husband had the Wagyu beef fillet and said it was good, however not as great as that at the Imperium. Bear in mind that if you provide your Sirius card number at the bill stage, you will receive a discount of up to 20% on the drinks and items excluded from the HB deal.

The food at Al Nafoorah was great and their deal included all non alcoholic drinks so we only paid for my wine. The food at Amala was also delicious but we loved the Imperium dinner. Basically it is a demi buffet which means the starter and dessert are picked from the buffet selection which is extensive. The main course is then chosen from a menu. My husband had the Wagyu strip loin which he swears by and was adamant it was better than the Wagyu at MJ's. I had the Dover Sole which was so delicate and yummy.

Overall, we loved this hotel and would return again without fail. We did at some points, feel we were a bit far out of town compared to the location of the AQ but that was also the beauty of the resort in that you were secluded and did not get as busy as the other beach side hotels. Hope this review helps others in making the decision to go here as you won't regret it.

1  Thank Catface
JZS_GM, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts. I am delighted to learn that you stayed in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray just recently, and I appreciate that you have taken the time to share your feedback from your visit and for recommending our Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our efforts. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly our level of customer service and culinary selections.

Thank you for indicating that you will be returning to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

First of all, this is a great place to stay!
We turned up at the hotel and straight away Patrick (The greeter) was there to open our doors and take our luggage for us. He was a very welcoming person and he told us he would look after our bags and not to worry about them!
We then were seen by Lumita who welcomed us with an orange juice and offered us an upgrade as they didn't have the room we booked for in the first place. After 10 minutes or so, we were seen to our room by Meiling who also showed us around! We did have one slight problem with our coffee machine but after about 5 phone calls it finally did get sorted out... They gave us a brand new one!
Our holiday consisted of relaxing by the pool for the late morning to the early afternoon, we had a beautiful view from the pool looking out to the Palm island. Asad from the plajj beach bar looked after us extremely well offering us drinks and snacks, he was outstanding.. Especially in that heat!
We ate in the imperium restaurant located inside the hotel. The food was very nice, and Kenzeo and Hugo made our experience of the restaurant even better! They were very welcoming and very easy to talk to!
The hotel itself isn't 100% complete and you can still notice a few minor things that need completing, for example down our corridor three men were fixing the lighting. These are just small things that need polishing up but nothing that could affect your stay.
Overall, the hotel was beautiful and the staff made the stay even more enjoyable. We got to know Patrick, Kenzeo and Hugo very well, so definitely look out for them whilst staying at the Zabeel. Im infact going back out to the hotel in September for three nights, this says it all really :) you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank letthelordbewithyou
JZS_GM, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent visit to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for recommending our Hotel on Trip Advisor.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I am also pleased to note that you recalled the names of some of our colleagues who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. Thank you for recognizing Patrick, Luminta, Meiling, Asad, Kenzeo and Hugo who were all delighted to learn that you remembered them.

Thank you for indicating that you will be returning to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in September.