“Fabulous, luxurious resort.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous, luxurious resort.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray for five nights in July. It was a quick break away to relax for a few days prior to starting a new job.

We normally stay at Jumeirah group hotels in Dubai and have stayed at the JBH, Al Qasr and the Burj Al Arab previously. As the JZS had opened up earlier this year, we thought we would give it a try. We booked a King Deluxe Room and took advantage of the Summer Flavours offer.

We arrived at the hotel at around 9.00 am and were immediately taken into a gorgeous lounge area where the check in process was undertaken and delicious, fresh juices provided which was a good start. We were then taken up to our room which was room 415.

The room was lovely and the perfect size for the two of us. We had a balcony which overlooked the Palm and had a direct view of the Atlantis. The bathroom was huge and the Turkish bath, just enormous. The hotel has complimentary WIFI throughout the hotel including in all rooms and public areas which was great for using the iPad 2 and to be honest, really sets the benchmark for all international 5 star hotels. Free WIFI should really be available in all 5 star hotels internationally as provided by this hotel.

Anyway, I digress. We used the pool area everyday and were really looked after by the guys at the pool. We had breakfast at Imperium every morning and the choice available was as good as that provided at all the other Jumeirah Group hotels. All hot and cold breakfast items including an egg station with various juices, cereals and fruits were available.

We had lunch at the Plaj pool restaurant a couple of times and the sea bass ceviche was to die for. We ate dinner at Segreto and MJ's at the AQ and at Al Nafoorah, Amala and Imperium at the JZS. Dinner at Segreto was lovely and there were only a couple of menu items that were excluded from the HB deal. The food at MJ's was good but not as amazing as we had been led to believe. There was no lobster on the menu and the yellow fin tuna was a bit dry but my husband had the Wagyu beef fillet and said it was good, however not as great as that at the Imperium. Bear in mind that if you provide your Sirius card number at the bill stage, you will receive a discount of up to 20% on the drinks and items excluded from the HB deal.

The food at Al Nafoorah was great and their deal included all non alcoholic drinks so we only paid for my wine. The food at Amala was also delicious but we loved the Imperium dinner. Basically it is a demi buffet which means the starter and dessert are picked from the buffet selection which is extensive. The main course is then chosen from a menu. My husband had the Wagyu strip loin which he swears by and was adamant it was better than the Wagyu at MJ's. I had the Dover Sole which was so delicate and yummy.

Overall, we loved this hotel and would return again without fail. We did at some points, feel we were a bit far out of town compared to the location of the AQ but that was also the beauty of the resort in that you were secluded and did not get as busy as the other beach side hotels. Hope this review helps others in making the decision to go here as you won't regret it.

1 Thank Catface
JZS_GM, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts. I am delighted to learn that you stayed in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray just recently, and I appreciate that you have taken the time to share your feedback from your visit and for recommending our Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our efforts. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly our level of customer service and culinary selections.

Thank you for indicating that you will be returning to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Stephan Schupbach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,253)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

First of all, this is a great place to stay!
We turned up at the hotel and straight away Patrick (The greeter) was there to open our doors and take our luggage for us. He was a very welcoming person and he told us he would look after our bags and not to worry about them!
We then were seen by Lumita who welcomed us with an orange juice and offered us an upgrade as they didn't have the room we booked for in the first place. After 10 minutes or so, we were seen to our room by Meiling who also showed us around! We did have one slight problem with our coffee machine but after about 5 phone calls it finally did get sorted out... They gave us a brand new one!
Our holiday consisted of relaxing by the pool for the late morning to the early afternoon, we had a beautiful view from the pool looking out to the Palm island. Asad from the plajj beach bar looked after us extremely well offering us drinks and snacks, he was outstanding.. Especially in that heat!
We ate in the imperium restaurant located inside the hotel. The food was very nice, and Kenzeo and Hugo made our experience of the restaurant even better! They were very welcoming and very easy to talk to!
The hotel itself isn't 100% complete and you can still notice a few minor things that need completing, for example down our corridor three men were fixing the lighting. These are just small things that need polishing up but nothing that could affect your stay.
Overall, the hotel was beautiful and the staff made the stay even more enjoyable. We got to know Patrick, Kenzeo and Hugo very well, so definitely look out for them whilst staying at the Zabeel. Im infact going back out to the hotel in September for three nights, this says it all really :) you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank letthelordbewithyou
JZS_GM, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, July 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent visit to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for recommending our Hotel on Trip Advisor.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I am also pleased to note that you recalled the names of some of our colleagues who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. Thank you for recognizing Patrick, Luminta, Meiling, Asad, Kenzeo and Hugo who were all delighted to learn that you remembered them.

Thank you for indicating that you will be returning to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in September.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

Check in very smooth and quick. Later we called for a shower cap, this took 3 calls and an hour to come. Once finally got into shower we were only able to get the hand held shower attachment to work

After sitting at the pool for 3 hours we had to leave as we were unable to get any service.

Returned to our rooms at 18:00 in the evening to get ready to go out for the night only to find the cleaner only just arrived to make the bed. He left 20 min later, only for us to find we only had 1 towel between us. 1 call, 1 visit to reception and 45 minutes later we had a towel.

This is not acceptable for this sort of establishment

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Coodem1
JZS_GM, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to read that there were aspects of your experience during your stay that did not meet your expectations and I would like to express my personal apologies that you left the hotel feeling dissatisfied.
Please be assured that I have discussed your feedback with my management team and appropriate action has been taken to remedy these shortcomings.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I do hope we are able to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

Cornworthy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

This hotel was wonderful and plush. The swimming pool is absolutely huge with lifeguards on all for corners! It gets extremely hot so do wear your factor 50!! The sunken bath in the room was big enough for at least 4 people (no we didn't invite others). Staff were so very friendly especially in the dining room. Ayaz the waiter was first class and so attentive However all of them were extremely effcient and charming. We will definitely go back for another visit. Only one drawback is that it is on the palm and if you are only staying for 2 nights it's a bit of a drag to get into town, but otherwise great.
We would go back
Tricia

Room Tip: Ask the operator to upgrade you
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tricia062
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read your positive review following your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

In particularly, I am delighted to learn of your feedback on our colleagues; we certainly take great pleasure in ensuring your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate your acknowledgements in this regard. I shall personally extend your warm recognition of Ayaz; I know he will be equally thrilled to hear of your positive comments.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

I am still at the resort while writing this review but just wanted to express how amazing the hotel is. I had read some excellent reviews before arriving and having stayed in many luxury hotel around the world and in Dubai I can honestly this has got to be one of the best. The interior of the hotel is nothing short of opulent and beats the other Jumeirah properties hands down in terms of service and cleanliness. We had a problem with the sprinklers in the gardens being switched on whilst we were in the pool and damaging some of our belongings but Mohamad who was the duty manager at the time did an outstanding job of resolving this for us offering an exceptional level of service and compensation which more than made up for the problem. I would also like to name a couple of other members of staff who's level of service was sensational ..... firstly Patrick from the concierge team who is extremely friendly and helpful at all times and Riyaz from Imperium who made breakfast an absolue pleasure this morning offering to bring fresh juices and constantly checking if we needed anything despite the restaurant being extremely busy. With the level of service and professionalism I have experienced from Mohamad and his team and the fact that the resort is so luxurious I am already planning my next trip to Zabeel Saray and for anyone reading this I can't suggest anywhere better to stay in Dubai - I hope this review contributes to getting this hotel rated trip advisors number 1 property in Dubai!!

2 Thank Chris9642
JZS_GM, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and complimenting review of your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. It is with great pleasure that I learn of how much you are enjoying your holiday with us.

I am most grateful that you have taken the time to acknowledge the efforts of particular team members and it is always with pride that I personally recognize their efforts to exceed expectations and provide a truly personalized service on all occasions. I shall certainly extend your kind comments to our colleagues Mohamed ,Patrick and Riyaz. Thank you for offering this feedback.

I am delighted to read that you are already planning your return to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray for your next holiday and we certainly look very forward to welcoming you back.

Once again, thank you for your time in posting your review of Jumeirah Zabeel Saray on Trip Advisor and for recommending our Resort to your friends and family.

kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

The best hotel i visited so far. i stayed there for 3 nights and it was 3 special nights, the hotel is huge with a magical spa and fitness area and a great relaxing beach and pool area. the rooms are spacious and clean and well decorated. the staff can be better specially the technicians ( it took 2 hours for the Tech. to show up in my room after 3 calls) other than that incident no complains, the room service staff and check in staff are very friendly. Note: You should rent a car if you want to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank faiq8
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent holiday at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience.
Your comments are important to ensure that we continue to deliver the service that Jumeirah is renowned for and rest assured we have shared your comments in regard to the delay from our technicians in attending to your concern has been shared with our Engineering and maintenance department to improve the service within the hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful holiday at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

I've been a big fan of Jumeirah for many years now and stay at the Dar al Masyaf and Al Qasr. However when I heard they were opening one on the palm I thought, yes maybe we should give it a try...

WOW !!! Now I can't fault the other 2 properties and wondered how anyone can improve perfection but the Zabeel is really out to impress.

So it's a drive up the trunk and a left turn at the top and down to the hotel. Although there is still construction going on around the Palm but once you arrive at Zabeel Saray you would never know.

The entrance is beautiful and the lobby is very luxurious, with a water feature similar to that inside the Burj al Arab.

The first thing we did was book into the Talise Spa for a Hammam Massage. I have never had a Turkish massage but I recommend you try it even if it's to just to see the inside of the spa. So many rooms to relax in, I could have stayed all day.

The rom was beautiful with everything you could need and we called down for some more water and Ice and it was with us in less than 90 seconds!

Steeping out onto the man made beach and pool area is amazing. You forget you are right out at sea as you look across the water at the properties on each of the Palms branches. The infinity pool is chilled to the right temperature to nicely cool off from the sun.

Dining was once again spectacular with a huge choice for the breakfast buffet and if you want a recommendation, you have to eat at the Indian restaurant.

What else to say? The glass elevators are impressive and you have to ride up to the 6th floor just to have a look at the "Imperial floor" It's like a museum with big display cabinets in between the rooms along the corridor.

Having never been, we booked half our holiday at The Zabeel and half at the Dar al Masyaf. We are going back again and will have the whole holiday at Zabeel next time as you can still use Wild Wadi as a hotel guest.

If you are looking for pure luxury and have stayed in Dubai before I'd say you have to try this one, if you have never been to Dubai and want to experience something amazing you will not be disappointed.

As I write this, I want to be back there now!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Nobby74
JZS_GM, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, July 16, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am so happy to read of your loyalty to Jumeirah and would like to personally thank you for choosing Jumeirah Zabeel Saray above the many options available in Dubai. It is very pleasing to read how much you enjoy your time with us. Thank you for acknowledging our commitment to our high standards – I know our colleagues are equally delighted to read of your glowing feedback.

I appreciate you recommending Jumeirah Zabeel Saray on Trip Advisor and for your positive rating of your experience. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.