“Overpriced for what it is”

The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre
Ranked #49 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Hong Kong, China
“Overpriced for what it is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment which was cold and impersonal and not very clean. There was still trash left in one of the trash bins! We had no view, overlooking a big construction site, and I believe that construction will soon start which will produce dust and noise. So beware and ask on which side you will be placed.

Marwan who checked us in though was very personable and friendly. He followed by a phone call and the next day by inquiring if we needed anything.

But beware if you need to eat in the hotel, the hotel thai, one of the few outlets, was very pricey! An ordinary meal for 3 adults and 2 children ended up costing us over USD300! Definetely not value for money especially served in a cafeteria like decor and atmosphere.

Finally the check out was somewhat annoying as they claimed that they couldn't extend until 2 pm without a lot of checking back, explaining etc and in the end, the Manager did come through but reluctantly. It is certainly not what we would expect of a 5 star property such as the Ritz Carlton.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for rooms on the other side of the porte cochere and away from the construction si...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

When booking the hotel I emailed I would arrive at 5am on Monday I confirmed this by phone and was told this wasn't a problem. Upon arrival, there was no room available. The manager immediately came out and told me that my booking started the following day! I showed them my booking confirmation, to which they responded- "oh yes but our computer considers this to still be Sunday, so your room is not available." I informed them that it was Monday! albeit 5am, it was Monday and the room was confirmed. They then offered me some ridiculously priced apartment for Sunday night! Absolutely flabbergasted with what was happening, I began to get irritated... The manager start calling people on the phone and asked me to wait. He told me he could offer me my room but I had to wait until 6am before I could get the key... The last thing I was expecting from a Ritz Carlton was to fall asleep in a lobby chair, because a computer system doesn't recognise a day starting before 6am. If they had told me, phoned me, emailed me... somehow let me know that arriving at 5am would be a problem I could have done something about it before being stranded in a hotel lobby at 5am. On a brighter note... may I commend the kind Italian receptionist who offered me a muffin and tea while I waited, the manager on the other hand disappeared, no apology for the inconvenience, nothing... Unforgivable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
7 Thank Kand1nsk1
bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

The Hotel is well situated,near the Metro and Malls.
We were upgraded to an apartment which was amazing.The rooms were spotlessly clean and had everything you would want.What impressed us most was the staff,in the lobby,The breakfast room,the cleaners,they were very helpful,polite and respectful.It was a pleasure to stay there.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Good time sleep after long hours tour/walk. Calm. Best location. Quite near from metro station. Just 1 stop to Dubai Mall, even we can walk there. We can see Burj at the street in front of the hotel. Warm hotel staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

i didn't stay in the hotel more than 7 hours was so quick , i check in and they upgrade me to suite which was totally amazing , room service was perfect i liked the hotel so much even its not my hotel style but i loved it very much its nice clean its RITZ :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Extremely poor services. terrible attitude, lack of guest relation support and careless attention to customer describe my evaluation of this Hotel . the Laundry lost my very expensive trouser's and in spite of my repeated complain no one bother to call me and answer my questions very poor room service and too many interruption by hotel security to ask for reduction of music while it almost on the lowest side.

Room Tip: no recommendation
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SHENANAH
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there 3 years ago.
The suite was HUGE. Excellent. Very well equipped.
Full length windows were there but there wasn't much view, the hotel is in the middle of a busy area.
Few steps from financial centre.

Good if u need to stay for business taking place nearby.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business