The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre
Ranked #54 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Very good hotel attached to the DIFC. Barely 20 minutes from the airport (even with the taxi driver getting a little lost). The odd problem (key card didn't work the first time) was sorted out swiftly and without fuss.

Club room was comfortable, if a little small but nice and quiet (as requested). Room service was prompt and food was good.

There is a walk way that connects you to the heart of the DIFC beautifully and in less than 3 minutes.

Check out was very quick, painless and done in less than 5 minutes. All staff were very helpful and proactive as one would expect from a Ritz Carlton.

Would highly recommend if you have business in the DIFC.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

We booked for Friday afternoon tea with some friends in the Lobby Lounge of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel DIFC. We pre-ordered the gluten free option plus the standard afternoon tea (containing gluten). Wow, how impressive! The service was very competent. Our waitress had perfect timing, making the whole experience very enjoyable. We chose a tea each from the extensive selection & sipped our very refreshing cool lemon & mint drink. We started with a tray of gluten free chocolates, then the little sandwiches. My specially made gluten free bread was wonderful, (made by the hotels pastry chef) with lots of seeds & great texture & flavour. Cucumber, mortadella, chicken & smoked salmon were some of the toppings. Next came the scones (or a lovely, almost sourdough like bread for me) enjoyed with a selection of jams & double cream or clotted cream. The next course was a decadent selection of chocolate sweets. The gluten free option included chocolate mousse, mango mousse, creme caramel, & panna cotta with berries. Last but not least, a raspberry sorbet. Cool and not too sweet. The week day afternoon tea is served on the 3 tier plates. (Friday is the weekend here in Dubai) Looking forward to going back again soon!

Room Tip: Always pre-book for gluten free option!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank luxeUAE
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Ritz-Carlton Dubai. The service was exceptional and I would have rated this five stars except for the zeal of the housekeeping staff. I had a lot of work to do while I was in Dubai and used the hotel as my office during my stay. That means I was in my room a lot and keep the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door. I didn't really care if my room was refreshed each day -- I needed to get my work done. Yet the staff seemed intent on cleaning, sometimes at the most inconvenient moments.
A note was left by my door to call housekeeping when I was ready to have my room cleaned. When I did not call, a message was left for me on my phone to call. I felt like they were pestering me.
I had breakfast one day at the hotel. I thought it was overpriced for the quality of the food.
Still, that is a minor gripe. The hotel is beautiful, service exceptional and location good (if you have business to attend to in Dubai). I still like the Fairmont better overall, but the Ritz-Carlton is a solid choice in Dubai.

1  Thank furniguru
Reviewed May 22, 2012

For those that know Dubai, you'll be aware that there are different areas to Dubai... To name a few you have downtown, the financial district (DIFC), the Marina, Jumeriah Beach and the Palm. Staying at the DIFC you are in a good location to access any of these (the palm being the furthest about 15/20mins drive away). That said the DIFC it is very much a place for workers and offices, for those that know Canary Wharf in London, the DIFC is very similar in my opinion, but there's sunshine!!

The Ritz, DIFC for me is great for anyone staying on a business trip. Coming out the back of the hotel you reach many of the office gates and there are many restaurants including Japanese (Zuma by Gate 5 is great and very reasonable), lebanese and also a place called Cafe Bateel which does great juices and salads!

At the hotel itself there are 2 gyms/ leisure centres, 2 pools (one very warm indoor pool and one refreshing outdoor rooftop pool), sunloungers, a shisha lounge and a few bars and restaurants (N.B. If you stay the Friday you can do the Ritz DIFC brunch at an additional cost and throughout the week there's drinks promotions such as BOGOF and ladies night (ladies drink free)).

Out front of the hotel the staff are very helpful in helping you get in a taxi to where you want to go. Further notes on the staff- the concierge were extremely helpful in making some excursion bookings for me and also the staff seemed to take note of your names/ face on check in and remember you throughout, making you feel valued- points to the staff!!
- Note on taxi's- all very cheap (£5 will get you most places)

The rooms were beautiful- very large rooms with king sized beds, big showers and also a bathtub. Fruit was provided free on arrival and mineral water complimentary throughout. In room safe (free to use) also very useful. Robes and slippers and beautiful toiletries provided ( you literally don't need any toiletries, not even a toothbrush!!)

Quick note on things to do/ attractons I liked- Burj Khalifa (tallest building in the world), the Dubai fountains (by the Burj), visit the mall and check out ColdStones icecream by the indoor Aquarium, Atlantis (the palm) for the waterpark and dolphin encounters, Okku- the best japanese food I've tasted and if you've had a tough week at the office why not pay for a beach pass (around 250 AED) for Jumeriah Beach hotel. Also for those that like a taste of India head to Old Dubai and eat like a King/ Queen for £5!

Room Tip: Higher floors had bigger bathrooms, but smaller rooms.
2  Thank lady_rsr5
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've normally stayed at another hotel when I've visited Dubai for business. On my recent visit I was surprised to find that I'd been booked into the Ritz Carlton. Given my previous experience of hotels in Dubai I wasnt sure if this new hotel would live up to my past experiences, but they were surpassed. The Ritz carlton at the DIFC is an excellent hotel: fabulous staff, great service, beautiful outside garden (from the bar), lovely room and good value. Its location close to the DIFC is a real bonus when you want to get to your office when its very hot. this is a great addition to the Ritz Carlton chain.

1  Thank cc1Uk
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The Ritz Carlton was very comfortable for the two nights I was in Dubai. The staff were good, I had room service one evening which was of a good quality and arrived when they said it would. The room was large and very comfortable. But the hotel hasn't got much character. It is rather dull.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

The bathroom's door was transparent and there was a huge unnecessary window between the bathroom and the room. I also think that the bathroom was bigger than the room. It would have been better if the room had more space.

The nespresso machine was a great addition. Clean hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business