“Good hotel, excellent location”

Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel
Ranked #155 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Great hotel if like me your'e not staying long in Dubai, close enough to the airport and not far from the Dubai Mall for a bit of shopping. service was good and the rooftop pool has great views of Dubai.

Room Tip: the higher the better for a decent view
1  Thank Karl-c63
GM-PRKK, General Manager at Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Karl-c63

Thank you for your review from your recent stay with us. I see that you found our location to be good being close to the Airport and also the Dubai Mall. With the later I do hope that you availed yourself of the complimentary shuttle.

I also note that you found our service to be of a good standard.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best in 2014 and if I can ever be of assistance when you are coming to Dubai please contact me.

Scott Butcher

Write a ReviewReviews (1,749)

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on the positive reviews on trip advisor. I arrived at the hotel at 6am and was told that I wasn't able to check in until 2pm.

After 16 hours of travelling I didn't want to wait eight hours to gain access to a room, so the receptionist advised that for 250 Dirham extra I could upgrade to a suite and check in straight away. I paid the extra and was pleased I did. The suites are located on the 17th & 18th floor and my room had a view towards the port in the distance.

I can't comment on the difference between a standard room and a suite as I didn't see a standard room, but my suite on the 17th floor was very large, the bed was huge, and the pillows, mattress and quilt were very comfortable and of an excellent standard. The lighting system was easy to use - thankfully the bellboy who brought my suitcase up showed me how it worked - but if he hadn't I would have been slightly confused!

Wifi connection in the room was excellent and I was able to make Skype phone & video calls without any problems. Bottled water is provided free of charge as are small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion, a shaving razor , shaving gel and a toothbrush with a small tube of toothpaste.

There are plenty of restaurants nearby and if you want to explore the rest of Dubai, there are two metro stations within walking distance: Burjuman and Al Karama. (It is about a 20 minute train journey to the Dubai Mall metro station) A taxi from the hotel to terminal 3 at the airport costs around 25 dirhams, which I thought was very good for the journey time of about 10 to 15 minutes.

Will book this hotel again when stopping over in Dubai next time.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Victoria P

Dear Queenvic 72

Thank you for your review. I notice that you were upsold into a suite and that you enjoyed the spaciousness of the rooms. For your information the suite is about 80% larger that the superior room. The superior room though as you would imagine in Dubai is also quite large and we do receive favourable comments about these rooms as well, which you can see in other reviews in Trip Advisor.

I was particularly pleased to see that one of our concierge people explained the lighting system to you.

I see that you found the beds and pillows comfortable and that you would stay with us again when you are next in Dubai. If I can ever be of any assistance in this regard please contact me.

I wish you all the best in 2014 and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Good facilities, however, the worst customer service ever!

I recently stayed there for two nights 17 and 18 of December,

This is not my first time there by the way, i went there for a week in April,

The thing is my company is using it for training sessions and we stay their during the training, not anymore of course as i already told our training department to STOP!

i went there to conduct a two day training and i took my wife and son to stay with me. Training room was very bad, most of what i asked for before was not there, missing a table, missing a flipchart stand of which they charged me extra to bring, projector cable was damaged and i had to convince the IT person they brought that it has to be changed!!!

The biggest issue is, my training finishes at 5, so like all respectful hotels, they offer the trainer a late checkout, upon asking for the same they refused at all and wanted me to pay half a day for extension! I tried to talk to a so-called manager at the reception called Ali and he was very rude and un helpful!!

Really it is a shame as facilities at this hotel are fine, but people working there are not, rude, in-experienced and have issues!!!!

Room Tip: No recommendation Just avoid it!
1  Thank belal30
GM-PRKK, General Manager at Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Belal 30

Thank you for your review. As a consequence I have tried to telephone you several times but unfortunately I have not been able to connect. I have spoken to all concerned and I am sorry for some of the issues that you experienced.

I will continue to try and reach you so that we can discuss these issues.

Once again my apologies and I look forward to talking to you shortly.

In the meantime I can be reached via my email at sbutcher@parkregisdubai.com.

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Best location. All types of restaurant located nearby. And malls are also nearby. Metro station and whatever a person requirement are available. Hotel service is also very good. Breakfast dint had much variety but has two restaurant's and Spa with swimming pool facility too.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jay_agarwal

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I see that you liked the location and that you rated the service very good. I have noted your comment about the breakfast variety and I have reviewed this.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to look after you in the future and if I can ever assist in this please contact me.

May I wish you all the best in 2014.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We decide to stay here for a night after spending time in club7!! the bar was the best entertainment!!and in terms of room was clean and big space, very good breakfast buffet. we enjoy spend night here in Park regis!! new property in middle of dubai..

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank robvy

Dear Robvy

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel it is appreciated. I see that the rooms of good size for your needs and that the buffet breakfast was also good.

I also note that you found the location convenient. I do hope that we can be of service in the future and if I can ever assist in this regard please contact me.

May I take this opportunity to wish you all the best in 2014.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed here during a business trip to Dubai during December 2013.
This is a relatively new hotel, having come up about 3 years ago, and located very conveniently in Burdubai, within a 5 minute walk from both the Burjuman and Karama metro stations. The street where the hotel is located has a huge variety of restaurants of all types, so finding whatever you want to eat is never a problem.
The room which I had was quite spacious, with a big king size bed, 2 comfortable lounge chairs with a small coffee table, s separate work desk with an ergonomic office chair, a flat screen TV, a well stocked minibar, coffee & tea making facilities, hair dryer, ironing board and iron, safe deposit box etc. The bathroom has a separate shower stall and bathtub. The free wi-fi worked well and was quite fast. I did not have the hotel breakfast as there is a wide variety of food available just outside the hotel. Tried their sports bar on the lobby level has a good ambiance, with a good selection of snacks, and quick service. There is a club/ disco on the 3rd floor which seemed to be quite popular, and could be noisy in the night if you have a room near that.. Overall, a decent place to stay, with a great location. However, even though the hotel is rated as 5 star, I would rate it as a 4 star or a 4 star plus...

2  Thank bat31
GM-PRKK, General Manager at Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear Bat 31

Thank you for your review of our Hotel during your recent stay. I have noted that you found the location convenient and that the room was spacious. I was also pleased to see that overall that you rated the Hotel as a decent stay.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to look after you in the future and if I can ever be of assistance in this regard please contact me.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights. Good service, polite staff....enthusiastic to be helpful to the point of being intrusive! My room was knocked twice in the evening by the housekeeping staff to ask for turndown service! The room was large and had a comfortable bed. Upon checkin I had to call housekeeping to explain the lighting. It would be good if someone could assist guests right at check in.
The bathroom was a good size with a separate tub and shower tray. However the tiling and corners needed to be cleaned. The bathroom looked like it was starting to age. Maybe a good wash around corners could sort this out. Toileteries provided were below average. I suggest carrying your own.
The breakfast served was good; however the lunch buffet was average. Also everything is priced on a higher side.
Considering the space and facilities, it is typically a 4 star which has been bumped up to a 5 star making it more expensive than its actually worth for...
There is plenty restaurants and shopping areas available on the same road as the Hotel. Its a gastronomic delight outside if you want to experiment the local flavours!
Overall, it was an impressive experience and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor for a better view of the city

Dear Path_well_trodden

Thank you for your review, it is appreciated. I have noted that you found our service to be of a good standard. I will follow up with how the lighting is explained as this should occur when you are escorted to your room.

I have also noted your comment about the bathrooms and I have followed up on this matter. I see that you found the breakfast be good but the lunch was not to a similar standard I will review this with our people.

I am pleased to see that overall you were impressed by the experience and that you would stay with us again. If I can ever assist in this regard please contact me.