“Good or Fantastic time will tell”

Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel
Ranked #124 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Good or Fantastic time will tell”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

Stayed at many hotels in Dubai in the last Ten years, came across this hotel while on business back in Dec 10, the early days of the hotel opening. Even then you could see this would be a fantastic hotel and given the reviews since my stay it seems, Scott the local manger has turned this hotel around to being one of the best hotels for both value and quality in Dubai. Even better in value then the Golden sands hotels, which are just on the other side of the main road, which are 3 stars at best. Why pay for 3 star when you can have 4/5 star on the other side of the road for the same price.

Unfortunately when I stayed back in Dec 10 the hotel had one major issue for me, which was the boom boom sound from the night club on the 5th floor. Even though it says the rooms are sound proofed I still got disturbed by the bass noise till 2am some days, The other small issue was the check out process was very slow, I felt training was a real issue here.

Putting my commits to one side, the Hotel has fantastic rooms; the bathrooms are top notch for the price of this hotel, clean fresh and cleaned daily. The breakfast was very good as well. As for the pool this is a bit small but makes up for it with the views...best of all at sunset. Staff helpful and always willing to help. The location is great opposite spinneys a local supermarket like we have sainsburys here in the UK. If you like your Indian food you have the famous Ravi’s restaurant which is a 2min walk, you will find most guide books say it is in Satwa however a new brunch has opened just outside. There are also a large number of fast food and la cart restaurant in waking distance with a large Mall across the road too. The metro is only minutes away allowing you to explore the rest Dubai.

Reading the reviews since my last stay, I have decided to stay at the hotel again, however this time with my family during my wedding anniversary in Feb 12. I have requested a room away from the noise (only real issue last time) on a high floor. On speaking to Andre from reservations he has assured me it will be a much better stay then the last one.....if this is the case it would be a fantastic Hotel in my book for the cost. It may say it is only 4 star but it is pushing 5 stars. BTW Andre is a true ambassador for the hotel with the professional service he showed during my booking.

I will report back but I have high hopes from both Scott and Andre,as it was very good last time short of the noise which given a last reviwes seems not to be an issue.

Rgds

Mo

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

The hotel is new, clean and modern. Only compaint is the reception staff. The service we received on several different occasions was just simply bad or unprofessional. We had booked a room including the breakfast buffet. During checkin the staff argued that our booking does not include breakfast and they did not believe us even after we showed them the voucher and the website where it clearly states that bf is included.

The day before checkout we requested a late checkout and were told that we can stay until 14.00. Next morning 09.00 we were asked to checkout 11.00. Is there any communication between the reception staff?

Other staff were nice and professional!

• Stayed June 2011
Scott_Butcher-GM, General Manager at Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Park Regis Dubai. I have followed up on the matters pertaining to the misunderstanding of the inclusion of breakfast in your room rate and I apolgize to you for any inconvenience. I have reiterated with our people that they ensure that booking information is thoroughly checked. I have also followed up with regards to the late check out and that information should be disseminated correctly.

I was pleased to see that you liked our Hotel and if I can ever be of service when you are coming to Dubai please contact me as I do hope that we will have the opportunity of looking after you in future.

Best regards

Scott Butcher
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights on a short break in Dubai and had a fantastic time. Staff were wonderful, room was spacious and the bathrooms had a bath and walk in shower (an added bonus). I have to say I would definately stay there again. If I had to complain about anyting the only thing I can think to say is the dining room tables were not big enough for the plates provided for breakfast, the breakfast was great though! Thanks for a great visit, we will be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
kuala lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

Not long opened the Australian management are trying hard to make guests welcome, provide exemplary service and build the F&B.

This is not the largest hotel or most opulent in Dubai, there are plenty of those, but presently it offers a great blend of value and service.

I put my team of 3 - 5 people up here for several months and they were all happy!!!!!

Breakfast, always an extravagence in a hotel, was truly fabulous. I skipped it most days to keep within budget but on a Friday or Saturday savoured a leisurely graze around the buffet tables.

I never did figure out how to get bacon in the restaurant, there was only cold salami, but on the room menu you could get a BLT.

One morning I ordered a BLT, no L or T, on room service and the filipino on room service broke out laughing. Great bacon sarnie. next time tempted to order breakfast plus a BLT no L or T or bread and see what comes.

The rooms were truly comfortable and elegant. Bathroom well equipped, bed very cosy.

Location is on the edge of several interesting areas of Dubai and there are plenty of restaurants and bars in the vicinity. However the bistro in the hotel was excellent, with a happy hour and a fixed price menu that was good value, well cooked and well presented. Most evenings we ate there, boring I know but with good food on the doorstep why not?

There are several bars in the hotel and they are working at creating a good atmosphere in them, difficult in a hotel bar. The Sportsman bar shows a lot of cricket to the mainly Indian customers but the friendly Brit who runs it also shows the rugby and football. A friendly place with good service.

The nightclub upstairs was a bit disappointing but is leased by a seperate company so no reflection on the hotel. Get there early and see the Thai dancers. However the music keeps on until 2am so get a high floor or you will hear it.

The pool on the roof is OK but not particularly large, you would not want all that weight on the roof anyway.

Valet parking was good, there are parking meters outside so worth using.

Reception was pleasant but check out could be a little protracted. Need more experience.

Coffee shop downstairs was fine, good service.

Overall I felt very welcome here and nothing was too much to ask for. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a high floor
1 Thank julianlord
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

~We stayed for three nights in February 2011.
We were greeted upon arrival with a cold drink and wet towel..nice touch!Lovely hotel ( I believe it opened in late 2010.)
Great location across from a mall. There are a few Indian Restaurants close by, KFC a pharmacy, a Thai Restaurant and Dunkin Donuts. Many ATM's close by. The hotel is about a ten minute ride to Dubai Airport. The staff were AMAZING!!! Everyone was so friendly and mannerable, the nicest in all our travels. There is a rooftop pool (which was closed on our last day for a private party!) Also there are separate steam rooms, saunas and jacuzzi in the mens and ladies rooms.
One thing I didn't like was the internet fee. We paid for a twenty four hour internet access. But after using for one hour and logging off, we were unaware that the time was being deducted from the card. So when we logged back onto the internet it deducted twelve hours, while we were sleeping. (it wasn't cheap)I find this very strange. When I told the staff, I was told, *That's how it is". I hope they change this.
Overall we would recommend and would stay there when we return to Dubai.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

Although the hotel is rated as a four-star property, I honestly did not find much of difference with some of the 5-star properties that I had earlier stayed in Dubai... in terms of facilities, everytime I have stayed in this hotel, I have found the amenities consistent and fabulous... the restaurants are great too... the swimming pool at the terrace is equally good... most importantly it is located at a convenient location (bang opposite Burjaman Centre) for me... this is going to be my permanent hotel in Dubai

1 Thank sambjok
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

Stayed two nights and was very impressed with the room and service. This is a rather new hotel (six months), so the rooms are new and clean. My Deluxe room was also quite large and very nicely furnished. Beds were excellent, and there was a "pillow menu" by the bed with several different kinds of pillows available on request. At US$102 nett (w/o breakfast), I also found it to be one of the best values for money in Dubai that I have experienced. My only very minor annoyance: I had an upper floor room which would have had a nice view, but the windows were so dirty with dust that it was hard to see out!

Located in Bur Dubai along a busy highway, there are many dining options along the strip on either side of the hotel, including Indian, Thai, and Arabic. if you want a cheap fast food fix, Burger King is about 100 metres to the left, and KFC 100 metres to the right. Across the highway is is a very nice Spinney's Supermarket (with a McDonald's and Starbucks).

I didn't try the restaurant, and the breakfast buffet was pricey at around US$30. As is usually the case in Dubai, internet was expensive and slow, with wifi available in the rooms. It's a pity more hotels in Dubai don't catch on to the trend of providing free internet as a basic service.

Staff were excellent and very helpful. There were always several staff around the small lobby waiting to assist with any questions, or to fetch a taxi. The rooftop pool is small, but there are nice 360° views, along with a small outdoor bar.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are quieter
3 Thank tookay
Scott_Butcher-GM, General Manager at Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review, I am pleased to see that our people looked after you and that you enjoyed your stay at the Park Regis Dubai.

With regards to your observation that the windows were dusty, we are currently in the process of cleaning the exterior of the building and this will take approximately a month. This is part of our regular scheduled maintenance to ensure that we maintain a high standard of presentation.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of looking after you in the future and if I can ever assist in this regard please contact me.

Best regards