“4*?? should be 5*!!”

Ranked #139 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“4*?? should be 5*!!”
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Good location in Bur Dubai. Excellent links to main metro station and airport. It's opposite Burjuman mall and next door to an excellent travel shop where you can book cheap excursions. Definately recommend the desert safari. The hotel itself was very very good with very friendly staff. The only reason i can think it not being a 5* is that it doesnt have a range of restaurants in the hotel and doesnt have a grand entrance. The rooms themselves are deffo 5* and massive. On the negative side, the rooms dont have a nice view whichever angle your room is at.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We had an outstanding stay at the Park Regis. It is an excellent value for Dubai and we would stay here again. The hotel is modern and our room was large and had high quality furniture and fixtures. The bed was very comfortable and allowed for a good sleep.
Our room had ample closet space as well. The bathroom had a stand up glass shower as well as separate tub. There is optional bathroom music that plays the same handful of songs heard in the lobby.

The property has a very nice fitness facility on the top floor as well as outdoor pool. There are steam room and hot tubs in the locker rooms. The ground floor has a restaurant, cafe and pub. There is also a club in the hotel and tour desk to organize local activities. The service at the hotel was outstanding and very attentive.

One issue I came across was the bass noise from the club that reverberated upwards (it was hardly an issue with our 8th floor room but it could be problematic on lower floors). As stated in other reviews, it would be nice to have in-room internet access as well.

The location is good as well - near two Metro stops and across from the Burjuman Shopping Center. There are several choices of good Indian restaurants in the area as well as some late night fast food options.

1 Thank rjc260
BANGALORE
Reviewed April 13, 2011

This hotel is ideal for a traveller who wants to explore Dubai on his own it is little away from the normal busy streets of Bur Dubai, but it is located very close to the metro station and Bus stop. Money changer is close by and all the Indian food joints are just attached to the hotel. For an Indian Vegetarian all the food outlets are just in the same spot where the hotel is located. The hotel room is very spacious and the staff were very kind and were willing to help.

Room Tip: Just opposite lot of shopping areas
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ARUN63512
Subiaco, Australia
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I stayed here with my fiancee for three nights at the end of March begining of April.

The Hotel in relation to room quality is outstanding, the bed and bedding is very comfortable, the bathroom is fantastic and the room come equiped with two loungeroom chairs, a writing desk and large LCD TV.

The service from the staff is perfect, could not have asked for anything better as far as staff go. Ultra polite and efficient, zero complaints here. The free shuttle bus to the shopping centre and beach was a huge plus!

I havea few concerns/issues which made my stay a little less enjoyable than it could have been.

Firstly, there is only free wi-fi in the lobby. I think for new Hotel in this day and age is pretty poor that you can't get wi-fi in your own room. Very inconvienient to have to go to the lobby if you wanted to check your e-mail etc... where you have zero privacy. Also, some people were using you-tube on their lap tops in the lobby area which was distruptive, if they could access wi-fi in their room then this would not be an issue.

Secondly, the hotel has a very nice ppol on the roof but the jacuzzi's are in the changerooms/toilet area . I know that this may be a cultural issue, but surely if you can swim in a pool with you husband/wife then why not be in a spa together. I'm surprised they don't make you sleep in seperate beds or rooms than your partner. This makes no sense at all and realy limited my use of the hotels facilities I think this is something that needs to be rectified as a lot of people like nothing more than after a long day shopping/site seeing to sit back in a spa and relax with their partner. Sorry but I don't like to bath with stangers of the same sex inside a changeroom/toilet area.

Lastly, we went to have a meal and a few drinks one night in the downstairs bar but found the place filled with smoke. Very off putting that the hotel isn't smoke free. Why not make people go outside to smoke instead of ruining such a lovely new hotel or have a designated smoking room in the bar if people must smoke in there?

I think with a few alterations the Hotel would be almost perfect, but it needs to move with the times (which shouldn't really be an issue for a brand new hotel) if it wants to survive. There are many other hotels in Dubai that don't have these issue which is where I will be staying next time I visit. Unless the Park Regis makes some adjustments I sadly would not recommend this hotel to others. The wi-fi is not a big issue really but the spa set up in the toilet/changerooms and smoking in the bar are extremely off putting.

3 Thank BOMPerth
Scott_Butcher-GM, General Manager at Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review. I was pleased to see that our service meet your expectations and that in general you enjoyed the Hotel.

I was concerned to see that you may not stay with us again due to some concerns, some of these I can assure you we are addressing. With regards to the smoking issue in the bar we are currently looking at ways to rectify this. As far as the spa is concerned with males and females sharing, it is not allowed by the authorities here. With free internet, this facility will be available in our Burj Executive Rooms when they open in late May or early June. We are also looking at packaging this for our other rooms.

I would like to assure you that we are constantly looking at ways to improve on our product and delivery and I do hope that you will consider our Hotel when you are next coming to Dubai. If I can ever be of any assistance in this regard please contact me.

Scott Butcher
Panjim ,Goa,India
Reviewed April 4, 2011

The hotel was good for the price we paid...The metro station was just a short walk away and commuting around wasn't a problem....The burjuman centre is close...Under Indian standards rooms are of 5 star and the overall amenities are 3 - 4 star category...We ordered a 3 course meal on the day we checked in and the portions were very generous....overall a good hotel in this part of Dubai and if you are spending more time out of the hotel as there isnt much to do in the hotel premises.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank denzil24
Kolkata
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Stayed at the Park Regis Dubai hotel for three nights last week. I never write reviews but the perfect stay at this hotel made me write one for the first time. The pros and cons below :

Pros
1) Superb location in Bur dubai. Metro is less than a 5min walk away that takes you everywhere in Dubai
2) Many resturants nearby (Mcd, Burger K, Pizza Hut among others) and great for Indians/Veg. cos Sukh Sagar is just a few mins walk
3) Excellent layout of the large hotel rooms. Huge bathrooms (5+ stars)
4) Pillow Menu next to bed (have not seen this anywhere)
5) Awesome rooftop pool with excellent views of the dubai skyline
6) The hotel staff were very supportive. (Zaheer at the coincerge) and almost everyone at the reception. Room service, house keeping all on their toes
7) The lady who welcomed us with the welcome drink had such a great attitude. Just looked genuine and not like "work"
8) Also one biggest plus point is that they treat everyone equally. Whether you are American, British, Asian (indian) it does not change their preference/servicing. This is a big plus cos i have stayed in many hotels where I much admist there is partiality (stronger word racism)
9) The price we paid for the hotel is just unbelievable. Best value for money in dubai
10) They have a free shuttle to the beach and a mall (very useful)
11) Taxi's easily available

Cons
1) Nothing apart from the fact that the lobby is a little small and so look wise it might not be appealing to some. But believe me, dont go by that.

Next time in Dubai just stay here and tell me how it was !

Regards,
Gautam Shah

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank GudduKolkata
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 16, 2011

They reject to get my guest with me at 3 am claiming that they don;t accept a passport copy although all Dubai hotel accept, I was treated very very very bad, blocked my can and I was forced to check out at 4 am. I need a time to forget all the bad words I received from their security .... Simply they turned a wonderful night in Regal into a nightmare.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Alex A
Scott_Butcher-GM, General Manager at Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Dear Sir

I am aware of the incident that occured with your guest. Unfortunately we have been advised by the police that original identification is required for guests and their visitors. I apologize if this caused you any inconvenience but we have to abide by instructions conveyed to us by the authorities.
I do trust that you will understand our situation.

Regards