“Waste of time&money”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Marina
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I went to this restaurant yesterday together with my wife to try out something new.

We ordered soup as a starter, they served it almost cold so we send it back to the kitchen, came back a little warmer and with salt,pepper and lots of lemon we were almost able to finish it.

For the main dish we ordered beyti kebap and yoghurt kebap, they were also served warm not hot, however it gave both me and my wife a terrible stomach ache that night..

Spent about 180aed and was definitely not worth it..

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Kosebasi is newly opened in Abu Dhabi AL Wahda Mall, and honestly, going there was not a pleasant experience at all, I will not go waist my money there again. Sitting there feels like you are sitting in a corridor, food is not fresh, cold appetizers are not a match of what you would really expect to have comparing it to Kosebasi in Turkey, bread turns into crunchy biscuits in 5 minutes! Hot appetizers are served after main course!! Eran drinking Yogort is not the real one we know, it’s some other yogurt diluted with water! Staff are not experienced, the place gives you the feeling that you are in an Indian restaurant which serves Mediterranean food!! Even music had nothing to do with the theme of this place! If you like Turkish food, go to Turkey don’t waste your money here.

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

One of the best restaurants atound, food is great, but comes with small portions. I do recommend it but you have to be patient waiting because of the crowds especially if you are in JBR

Reviewed February 28, 2013

It was my first Turkish food experience and being a vegetarian, I was a bit apprehensive of the choices I would have. Fortunately the menu had a decent spread of vegetarian choices. I went with the Ezo Gelin (traditional turkish red lentil and bulgur) soup, Cacik (diced cucumber, crushed garlic and mint in yoghurt) and Sebzeli Pide (traditional turkish pizza with eggplant, mushroom, corn and cheese). What blew me away the the speed to service - the soup and cacik was at the table in less than 5 mins and the pide in under 12. The food tasted nice - I did not have a benchmark on Turkish food so I cannot comment on how authentic they tasted though. The bill did not blow a hole in my pocket ~ around 150 AED for two of us, which I thought was quite reasonable.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The concierge at the Hilton recommended this restaurant, which was a 5-10 minute walk away. We sat outside and enjoyed the food and people watching. We liked trying and sharing different dishes. The kebap and pide were delicious.