“Not bad in Dubai, a total waste of Money in Abu Dhabi”
Review of Kosebasi

Kosebasi
Ranked #1,216 of 9,663 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Marina
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Not bad in Dubai, a total waste of Money in Abu Dhabi”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Kosebasi is newly opened in Abu Dhabi AL Wahda Mall, and honestly, going there was not a pleasant experience at all, I will not go waist my money there again. Sitting there feels like you are sitting in a corridor, food is not fresh, cold appetizers are not a match of what you would really expect to have comparing it to Kosebasi in Turkey, bread turns into crunchy biscuits in 5 minutes! Hot appetizers are served after main course!! Eran drinking Yogort is not the real one we know, it’s some other yogurt diluted with water! Staff are not experienced, the place gives you the feeling that you are in an Indian restaurant which serves Mediterranean food!! Even music had nothing to do with the theme of this place! If you like Turkish food, go to Turkey don’t waste your money here.

• Visited March 2013

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi
“Yummy food”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

One of the best restaurants atound, food is great, but comes with small portions. I do recommend it but you have to be patient waiting because of the crowds especially if you are in JBR

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Good value and lightning fast service”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

It was my first Turkish food experience and being a vegetarian, I was a bit apprehensive of the choices I would have. Fortunately the menu had a decent spread of vegetarian choices. I went with the Ezo Gelin (traditional turkish red lentil and bulgur) soup, Cacik (diced cucumber, crushed garlic and mint in yoghurt) and Sebzeli Pide (traditional turkish pizza with eggplant, mushroom, corn and cheese). What blew me away the the speed to service - the soup and cacik was at the table in less than 5 mins and the pide in under 12. The food tasted nice - I did not have a benchmark on Turkish food so I cannot comment on how authentic they tasted though. The bill did not blow a hole in my pocket ~ around 150 AED for two of us, which I thought was quite reasonable.

Visited February 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“Turkish delight on "The Walk"”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The concierge at the Hilton recommended this restaurant, which was a 5-10 minute walk away. We sat outside and enjoyed the food and people watching. We liked trying and sharing different dishes. The kebap and pide were delicious.

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Rude staff, bad food!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We visited this place on the last night of our trip to Dubai. I was so disappointed that it nearly ruined our trip. The place was busy and we were seated inside pretty quickly. It all went downhill from there. Our waitress brought us our menu and then stood there waiting for us to order. We said we needed 5 mins to check the menu. She tutted and walk off.!! We ordered the Toros Salata which is a slad with mint, rocket, tomato, onion with chilli powder and pomegranate sauce. When it arrived it tasted so bad we had one spoon of it. There was little tomato and mint and was basically rocket finally chopped with what tasted like balsamic vinegar on it. We were given free bread which is a traditional turkish pita bread with sesame seeds on it but this was stale. The cheese pide was fine to eat but how can you get cheese on bread wrong.
Our mains were Beyti kebab which was lamb wrap and Saslik kebab which was bbq chicken. The lamb was so bad that it was returned. It tasted uncooked and off. there was only one piece of bread served with the chicken and it was soggy. There was no spice, no sauce and its served with lentils not rice. There also isnt any other option.
Our waitress was rude when the lamb was returned, she never asked us if our food was okay. When giving us our bill she held it over the table and then dropped it in front of us. I think she said one sentence to us in the whole time we were there which was 'ready to order?'.
Ive never had such bad turkish food before, in fact i dont think it was turkish food and just meat that has been cooked served with lentils. I was so upset by the time i left. I will never return to this place and I suggest you dont eat here either.
I cant believe this place has good reviews, unless the people that eat here have never tasted real turkish food (its one of my favs).

Please dont waste your money! Go elsewhere.

• Visited February 2013