“Treat it like tapas!”
Review of Arboretum

Arboretum
Ranked #117 of 9,807 Restaurants in Dubai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Part of the famous Grand Friday Brunch at Jumeirah Al Qasr, recently awarded Ahlan's Best Brunch in Dubai, not only is the Arboretum at Madinat Jumeirah something of an ambassador for Arabian dining culture and cuisine, but it's also a hub of great international food. Sumptuous all-day dining takes place in a light, airy and spacious environment. You can dine alfresco on our wide terrace - bordering the busy waterway and with spectacular views of the sea - or inside, under the ornate and cavernous ceiling with its iconic palm columns.
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Huge variety of food and drink on offer, high quality and carefully prepared.
My tip is not to hurry but use the full 4 hours and try a little of everything on offer.

We were seated inside but explored the outside food stations and bars and stayed on to explore the complex afterwards.
The staff throughout the hotel were very pleasant and efficient. Special thanks to Rory and his colleague whose name I didn't catch for the great advice!

AdamBeck, Manager at Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor with regards to your recent experience at Arboretum.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

After trting Spectrum On One we wanred to try this huge brunch. Welcoming was excellent however same mistake no greetings with non alcoholic beverages. Seating was smooth and good location. Buffet selection is excellent and diverse. There was two areas where there was a small pool where I saw a man falling because it was unprotected. Please ensure safety by adding some boulders or protection posts.
After being seated there was no body to ask about drinks. I had to call to make request. 1 on 2 we were forgotten that was an oooops. The restaurant was very noisy and crowded which might be normal for a brunch of that size. If you are looking for peaceful place then pick another location.
Service was not up to a 5* Brunch. I asked for an espresso and the cup was tinted with coffre that overflow either the machine or the server did not pau attentin and dripped coffee.
30mn after starting to eat a retaurant attendant came with the invoice and left it on the table. I lost appetite then.
Overall rating
Location 5*
Food 5* ensure cheese is not sitting in a warm place.
Service 2*
Welcoming 5*
Romance 1* very noisy.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We found the selection was superb in the Arboretum, nice service even though you only need it for drinks, high chair for the child and pleasant atmosphere - though make sure you are not seated too close to enormous tables with parties with many many children. I though the seafood selection on the Thursday buffet was excellent and well presented.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Definitely a 5 Star hotel with excellent food and a massive choice, so much that I couldn't find the things I wanted. They even have a guide book to help you navigate. Unfortunately, they atmosphere wasn't what I'd expect from a 5 Star hotel. Too many tables and customers squeezed in, to the extent that people were constantly knocking into the seats and tables as they passed by. I accept the idea is that it's a buffet, but I felt we spent most of our time walking between all the 'stations' that it really spoilt the occasion. Think I would have rather had a sit-down dinner there for would have been the same money, or less. It all seemed a little 'Butlins' or 'Made in Chelsea' to me, and for around £100 a head. Sorry Al Qasr!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Dear Valued Guest,
Along with my team, I sincerely appreciate your positive comments and am delighted that you enjoyed your brunch with us. We will be sure to take your feedback on board to improve the service which we offer to our guests.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Arboretum is a buffet restaurant, but with an extremely high quality of food. It is very child friendly (although some control over the children by the parents would be very welcome).

There is an endless supply, and choice, of really lovely food, beautifully presented, and with some themed nights.

The deserts in particular are a treat.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant